Super Six fuel mileage

-
A little hard when I'm nowhere near the car, but I'll post current mileage when I get the chance.

good boy lol now when ur ole lady leves and u come out here im going to send some carbs with u to see if they work if u find one that works run it tell u find a kit ask dan where to find the kit he will know if he dont then u cant get one

Thanks bro. It will probably be wednsday. Not sure. Went home for lunch and couldn't find eri. It was so wierd.

well maybe got got pissed at ya for braking he truck agin lolo u know how pregos are they get pissed at u and u dont even have to be there trust me lol or well the milk man lol

Right. I know how to figure mileage. Unfortunatly, I'm only able to get an average of the two hwy and town driving.

So your claim of 30mpg is mixed city/highway, in a '64 Valiant with a 225 with over 200,000 miles on it and an automatic transmission.

Sorry, no.

Best average slant mileage I've personally witnessed was my dad's new '61 Savoy with automatic. It consistently made 21-23, and 24-25 on trips.

Best I ever owned was a '63 Signet automatic. It averaged 19-20 and 23-24 on trips. Short runs under perfect conditions might have made 27, but 30 was beyond reach. My son's stripped '69 Swinger got about the same.

As much as I love slants, mileage isn't one of the things I love, and the alcohol laden slop that passes for fuel today isn't helping.

And once again, I said "around 30" when running the smaller tires, yes I got 30mpg while hypermiling.

Cliff- ROFLMAO!

Remember the Dodge Colt? 50MPG through a carb! The feather Duster got 22/31 on a 1bbl, crazy advance distributor and a 904 with a 2.8(?) rear. Best thing you can do to an early 6 is rebuild the carb and convert to electronic ignition, then open the exhaust.

Powerwagonpaul:

Yep, you're right, I was off by one. 1977 is correct for first US availability of the 2bbl. What I was misremembering was the October '76 publication date ("October" is small, "1976" is large on the cover) of the Chrysler Corporation Six-Cylinder Engines engineering spec book I was (mis-)referring to.

you are normaly spot on with your slanted info

That is mostly because I keep my mouth shut when I don't know what I'm talking about. I still sometimes miss!
redbeard.gif

dan,
im almost sorry to hear that, i thought i might learn something new:yawinkle:.
as far as 30 mpg, i must say that seems unbelieveable in the real world. i have an auto trans and 2.76(tall) rear gears and i am getting about 17-18 in town and about 21-22 out on the highway. not sayng you coulndt get a few miles more but i think it would take some work.

Heres an off topic question. not that that matters anymore. IF I decided to keep the taller tires on the car, 215-75-15 or something equivalent in height. What would be a good gear for the *** end?

-
Back