Survivor

-
Here is a survivor...my dads unrestored 1964 Fury.....he is the 2nd owner, car still has the original date coded tires, belts, hoses, spark plugs, wires etc......brakes and exhaust needed to replaced but that's it :glasses7:

Attachments

• Picture 579.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 411
  • DSC00053.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 394
  • DSC00057.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 387
  • DSC00059.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 408
Carlisle had a survivor tent this year and they said 85% original. Some go as low as 50% original

Here are some more pics I have...the original owner was a school teacher....the day the President Kennedy was assonated school was let out early....so she went to the Pickard Plymouth dealer here in St. Cloud (dealership has been closed for some time now) and traded in her old 1940's Plymouth for this 1964 Fury.....oddly it has a 225 and radio delete, rare for a Fury model... pushbutton auto, tinted glass, power brakes and power steering, but that's about it....interior is perfect and smells like new, purrrrs a kitten and runs like a clock....I believe the valve cover has never been off and the carb is all original too....the brakes were starting to get bad so the entire brake system except for the brake booster was rebuilt...the exhaust was starting to rust out so that was replaced too. Original tires are still on it, but they are starting to wear out, might be replaced with correct repops but put on different rims so the original ones can be put away. The car is a real beauty, drives so nice...just like a new 64 Fury should.....this car was sold new local and still remains in the same area, ever since it was new :glasses7:

Attachments

• DSC00054.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 354
  • DSC00061.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 353
  • DSC00062.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 353
  • DSC00058.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 327
  • DSC00060.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 357
DAng!! your pop's 1964 Fury is soooo cool and a true Survivor :cheers:

Nice car!
That is a true survivor.....
Mostly original, at least 95% of it. It's like a 2 year old car just traded in.
To me, a survivor is 90% original, almost as new, unmolested other than normal maintainance items such as oil, filter, brakes, exhaust, battery, and tires.....but replaced with original type equipment.
Everything else left alone including paint, upholstery, and drivetrain.

A lot of people think that a survivor is a car that hasn't been crushed...... yet. lol

Why do we consider the condition when calling car the a survivor ? In actuality I think the term survivor really covers any of our old cars that are still here with us. Yes there are survivor cars in different conditions , but if its still here and getting tlc from us devoted FABO members i think there all survivors

Found this:

http://www.survivorcollectorcar.com/

Looks like it started with Corvettes, but they now rate any vehicle. Basic requirements to get their trademarked 'SURVIVOR®' status - it needs to be min 20 years old, 50% UNRESTORED original WITH good original finishes in 3 of 4 categories. Exterior, Interior, Underhood and Chassis. It must also pass a road test. They do have other categories for older/higher % original cars

From Mopar Nationals application.
General criteria is 25 years of age, “unrestored original”. 80% originality is expected throughout the vehicle.

Why do we consider the condition when calling car the a survivor ? In actuality I think the term survivor really covers any of our old cars that are still here with us. Yes there are survivor cars in different conditions , but if its still here and getting tlc from us devoted FABO members i think there all survivors

one that survived is any condition is different then a "survivor"..

like stated it started with the vette guys. the carlisle tent is not a good example. some of those cars over the years have had a ton of paint work done.:)

I see your point.
I look at my car as more of a resurrection than a survivor though.
The original owner gave up on it in 1986 and i bought it for one dollar, which at the time is all it was worth, believe it or not.

Attachments

• 2010-08-01 14-54-02 - DSC01862.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 195
  • PB030032.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 175
  • 20130624_150.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 168
  • 20130713_56.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 182
I would agree with the survivor class from the corvette web site that at least it be 80%OEM in at least the four categories.As some of the parts are not available any more or need updating to be safe.With mine I try to keep it 100% but as safe as possible as a 4500 lbs lead sled is not safe with 4 wheel drums at 100MPH.mrmopartech

Attachments

• Copy (2) of DSCF0062.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 153
  • Copy (2) of DSCF0066.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 151
  • Copy (2) of DSCF0064.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 139
  • Copy (2) of DSCF0061.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 149
-
Back