T56 trans on a slant ?

-

Johnny71dusty

Reaction score
Has anyone done this ? I know people have put t56 on many older motors including small block mopars wondering if anyone has done this to a slant ?

The T5s in the fox V8 mustangs had a 335:1 first gear ratio. The fox 4 cyl mustangs had a 4:1 first gear ratio. There is also a "world class" T5 that had a 295:1 first gear. Just a heads up there are a lot of different types of T5s out there.

The T5s in the fox V8 mustangs had a 335:1 first gear ratio. The fox 4 cyl mustangs had a 4:1 first gear ratio. There is also a "world class" T5 that had a 295:1 first gear. Just a heads up there are a lot of different types of T5s out there.
All same bolt pattern yeah ? Feel like I shouid find a 4cly one considering I'm putting it on a slant 6?

What about the clutch ? And what fly wheel ? Ford clutch won't just bolt up to the slant and vice Versa right ?

All same bolt pattern yeah ? Feel like I shouid find a 4cly one considering I'm putting it on a slant 6?
Yes my son in law had a 4 cyl T5 in his '87 mustang and took it out and put a rebuilt World Class T5 in there direct swap.

Would a slant even be able to pull the double overdrive?
It'd need a really short gear. I'd consider 4.56 a starting point. I'm gettin ready to do a T5 swap on Vixen and I'm going with a 4.10 gear after TONS of reading. Final ratio in OD is only 2.79, so that'll be plenty good for the highway.

It'd need a really short gear. I'd consider 4.56 a starting point. I'm gettin ready to do a T5 swap on Vixen and I'm going with a 4.10 gear after TONS of reading. Final ratio in OD is only 2.79, so that'll be plenty good for the highway.
Thought it was a easier answer for a 5 speed . Bolting it up seems easy enough with the adapter but the clutch and stuff seems more trouble than it's worth . I was thinking it was bolt on ready to rock and could do it much cheaper than 883 od . 883od is way more expensive but is more drop in and go thing

Nothing is bolt in about it. You have to mod the transmission tunnel and the transmission floor hoop as well and you have to fab up a cross member.

Nothing is bolt in about it. You have to mod the transmission tunnel and the transmission floor hoop as well and you have to fab up a cross member.
For 883 od ? They came stock on slants , I'm pretty sure you told me that it was same and everything should bolt right in . I have a quote from brewers for Everything needed they assured me it was all drop right in.

For 883 od ? They came stock on slants , I'm pretty sure you told me that it was same and everything should bolt right in . I have a quote from brewers for Everything needed they assured me it was all drop right in.
No. This thread was not talking about the 833. The 833 came stock in these cars. It's a bolt in swap. This thread is about the T56 and T5. Why in the hell are you even here asking about the T56 and T5 if you have everything from Brewers?

No. This thread was not talking about the 833. The 833 came stock in these cars. It's a bolt in swap. This thread is about the T56 and T5. Why in the hell are you even here asking about the T56 and T5 if you have everything from Brewers?
Vetting ideas . Also I have 3 cars so looking to do different things with different cars I don't have it I've been deciding on cost and parts available and like idea of t5 for 5 gears not 4 and cost savings . The kit to bolt the t5 up to a slant was cheap and t5s themselves are cheap but lot more work to do it .

Vetting ideas . Also I have 3 cars so looking to do different things with different cars I don't have it I've been deciding on cost and parts available and like idea of t5 for 5 gears not 4 and cost savings . The kit to bolt the t5 up to a slant was cheap and t5s themselves are cheap but lot more work to do it .
If you want OD, then just go with the 833 OD. That's a total bolt in.

-
Back