Taylor Cable plug wire quality?

-

plum crazy dart

Reaction score
Has anyone used Taylor cable Spiro-Pro 8mm Spark Plug Wires? I'm wondering how the quality is? Thanks

I had them on olds 455 I had in a jet boat running high rpm all day they worked great. I have heard they are no better than the msd street fires and the msd ones are cheaper.

I have and thought they were very good, a friend I know uses them too.

I had them on olds 455 I had in a jet boat running high rpm all day they worked great. I have heard they are no better than the msd street fires and the msd ones are cheaper.

But do the msd street fires come in GREEN? :)

Attachments

• tay-78555_w.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 232
........I have used them many times............im installing a set of hot pink ones on my panther pink duster.............kim..........

I have been running Taylor wires for years, never had any problems with them. In fact I used to sell them too when I worked at an auto parts store and never saw any come back defective either.

I have never had a problem with Taylor wires.
I had a set on my challenger for 11 years before I sold the car with no issues.
I replaced the factory wires on my 78 power wagon with them, and I also have a set on my Duster.
Good quality made in the USA.

Good for a smaller diameter wire. Low electrical resistance; Silicone insulation; and the spark plug boot is sealed to the wire insulation.
I did have one come apart when removed from the driver side sparkplugs on a 340 manifold with no heat sheild. If I hadn't been taking it off, it would have been OK. The wires had been on for years - thousands of miles. In a real high heat situation like that, the MSD wires with the big insulated boot seem to have an edge.

Several years ago I put a comparison of wire resistances on a chart.

The green is cool! Just ordered some blue ones for my Dodge A100. Have them on all my cars, No issues

Same here I have always used the Spiro-Pro 8mm I think they are the only ones that come in the colours. My last car I bought a set of the Hot Lime...man are they ever bright LOL.
Get wires ..well worth the money.
AL

be careful when you order them, i got mine from summit and ordered the HEI set instead of standard tips. i loved the wires so much i upgraded my distributor to an MSD 8386 (all in one, has iggy box built in for 383/400 it's a different model for RB's) so i could keep the wires lol. they are the 10.4mm's

when i walked into the machine shop with the wires for my engine, the guys there said they are the best you can get and i made a good choice. they said the distributor would be better than the MP one also.

i'm waiting to be dynoed it could be a couple weeks, they are very busy right now

Attachments

• eng1.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 189
  • eng2.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 170
You'd be hard pressed to find anyone with negative things to say about them. They're good wires from a solid company.

-
Back