Temecula, CA MOPAR club???

-

Possum

MOPAR LOVER
Reaction score
Is there an existing car club dedicated to MOPARS in Temecula or Murrieta (CA)?

I don't think there's a Mopar specific club in Temecula or or Murrietta. There's the Mopar Club of San Diego, but they tend to look down at "lowly" A-Bodies.

64physhy: they tend to look down at "lowly" A-Bodies. I've noticed that alot, that is until they break something trying to catch you. In all fairness it has something to do with frame cars compared to unibodies and not how fast or how original one is, its a purist thingie

Not that I know of. There is CPW but they are a ways off from us. We could make a FABO club. There are a lot of us around this area. We got together a while ago for cruiesing Grand.

We could start a 70 340 4 speed Dart club. There is 4 of us all realy close together.

Possum- Temecula
Maddart- Murrieta
crackedback- Indo
Burntorange70-Aguanga

I'm interested in starting a club, but I'd like it to have a broader scope. I'm not sure where to draw the line though. Obviously only MOPARS and their relatives, but should there be restrictions like: year range, type/style, limit on modifications...?

I'm also not exactly sure how to go about starting one up.

I don't think there's a Mopar specific club in Temecula or or Murrietta. There's the Mopar Club of San Diego, but they tend to look down at "lowly" A-Bodies.

Bob Gough the Mopar Club of San Diego club president drives his 67 Barracuda everywhere. I've seen it covered in dirt from road rallyes and such. He also has a Dart. There's another member, Steve, that has a Australian Valiant and his teenage son has a 71 Dart project. Jim Signorili (sp?) races a Duster.

Sometime you can run into one member that is not representive of the group. Or many time claims they are a member when they are not. Or not an active member.

I suggust going to a Mopar Club of San Diego meeting or function and make a decision for yourself.

Not that I know of. There is CPW but they are a ways off from us. ....

Yes, that would be a drive.

We meet in Granada Hills (405/118 fwys) part of San Fernando Valley. We do monthly events around SFV-LA area.

We've got plenty of A-bodies, B-bodies, C-body, E-bodies, trucks, some AMC's. Daily drivers, concours trailer queens, primered projects, dismantled projects, all sorts of conditions. Some owners have a car in each one of those conditions even.

The issue I have is one of not enough spare time therefore the locations of the meetings is a big concern to me.

The issue I have is one of not enough spare time therefore the locations of the meetings is a big concern to me.

I don't know where they meet. I thought they had a website.

But I can totally understand that location is a big issue.

Bob Gough the Mopar Club of San Diego club president drives his 67 Barracuda everywhere. I've seen it covered in dirt from road rallyes and such. He also has a Dart. There's another member, Steve, that has a Australian Valiant and his teenage son has a 71 Dart project. Jim Signorili (sp?) races a Duster.

Sometime you can run into one member that is not representive of the group. Or many time claims they are a member when they are not. Or not an active member.

I suggust going to a Mopar Club of San Diego meeting or function and make a decision for yourself.

If he's the guy I'm thinking of, he was pretty cool. I was a member in 2000-2001 timeframe. He wasn't president then. Seems like the prez at the time had a yellow 'Cuda, and his wife had a Pink Panther AAR Cuda. I felt like my Barracuda was a beater with those guys, and those from this forum who've seen it know it's not a beater, but those guys in the San Diego Mopar club mostly have pristine cars.

The wife and I are planning a move down that way, maybe somewhere between Temecula and Escondido. When I get established maybe we can start a Mopars Unlimited chapter

I talked to a guy named Tom Garcia from the SDMC and he was a nice guy, He said he had a challenger 340 car and to come down and check out the club n such.

The wife and I are planning a move down that way, maybe somewhere between Temecula and Escondido. When I get established maybe we can start a Mopars Unlimited chapter

8) Do you have a time frame on that move?

8) Do you have a time frame on that move?

The wife and I are coming down the first two weeks of November to look at property. I'll be hauling down a 67 Polara for a fellow FABO member. We plan on spending a few days with a realtor loking at places in the Escondido area. we've been told the Temecula area is also a good place to look.

The wife and I are coming down the first two weeks of November to look at property. I'll be hauling down a 67 Polara for a fellow FABO member. We plan on spending a few days with a realtor loking at places in the Escondido area. we've been told the Temecula area is also a good place to look.

Fall Fling is Oct. 30 in Van Nuys. Well worth it if you can squeeze it in.

Fall Fling is Oct. 30 in Van Nuys. Well worth it if you can squeeze it in.

Oh I know, I'm a regular for that show however they are having it at the end of October so I won't be able to attend.

Really? I'm not a member but I've attended many club events and haven't found that to be the case. In fact, many club members are A-body owner's of street cars, race cars, and show cars. If enough A-body owners join, you can change the direction of the club if you don't like the existing one. Whichever club you join, you need to be active to have an impact.

I live in Murrieta , and am also interested in joining / starting a "club" .

My idea of a "club" is a bit different from the norm :
- NO up-tight meetings ;
- NO money exchanging hands / going into fund-pools for the club * ;
- NO attitudes , pretensions ;
- YES to the club being open to anyone whom loves MoPars ( or are just gear heads in general ) ;

- YES to being community-oriented ;

- YES to meeting at convenient times and places , without being an inconvenience to the employees / customers of any establishments we meet at .

I work two jobs , and have Sundays and Mondays off
( subject to change ... ) , and I close the laundry rooms / club house at the apartments where I live ( the "second job" that gives me extra coin ) , so my times may be off-beat .

If you're interested , contact me and we'll talk turkey .

* = it may be requested that a "help jar" be sent around in order to take collections in order to help members with their cars or even personal bills , etc.

-
Back