TF's on a 318 ???? Oops, another 318 thread...

-
Ummmm... stay out of my threads if I'm your problem. I'm the OP. IF you quote it, back it. You can't find these 318 dudes bashing on 340 owners, so it's posting garbage. Actually, I hate to be this guy, but I don't want to spend another 14 seconds of my life reading your "made up" statements or irrelevant post, so the answer for me is the "ignore button". Happy life :) He gone ![/QUO

okay...okay...:thumbsup:

Okay deal I stay out of yours you stay out of mine. I know you don't have the self control...just because you don't agree what I say is garbage...this sounds familiar you narrow minded ...:)

Last edited:
Okay deal I stay out of yours you stay out of mine. I know you don't have the self control...:)

I don't understand, your half the post on this thread all of them negative, you think 318 are a waste of time but go on a thread about 318, it's got 318 in the titled twice by a guy name 318willrun to tell us how we shove 318 down your throat and then start name calling????

Can't agree with that more. But how many times do you see a 360/340 recommendation on a 318 thread?

But there shouldn't be 340/360 recommendations on a 318 thread. People are going to a 318 thread and suggesting something else. Like going on the Hamb and telling everyone to use LS, Gen IIIs, JZ, etc. Now, if the OP said he is going to spend $$$$ doing something, and someone replies...you know you could do X with Y engine for less money...that is different. Just because it isn't something an individual wants to do personally, I am not sure why people jump to state their thoughts unless asked.

I'll say that IF I were to ever defect to Chevy I wouldn't want a 305 or 307 but would consider a 283 or 327, instead. But I don't plan to demote to Chevy in this life time

I'll say that IF I were to ever defect to Chevy I wouldn't want a 305 or 307 but would consider a 283 or 327, instead. But I don't plan to demote to Chevy in this life time

but good heads, compression and cam - all respond the same.

I see more **** coming g from the 318 fans toward the 340/360 crowd and its un called for really. Itd like the guys that can't get a prom date being passed off at the guys that can...the guy with the prom date is like" excuse me, do I know you...what have I ever done to you?..."
Yeah usually it's "ditch the 318, project isn't worth doing unless you start with a 360" and THAT'S OK then? This is the attitude I am tired of hearing

CHRYSLER BluePrint Engines BPC4085CTC BluePrint Engines Chrysler 408 C.I.D. 465 HP Long Block Crate Engines | Summit Racing

Engines are available just cost $$$ how long does it take a working man to save up this coin a year or two?

Most 318 guys just want to add mild cam 4bbl and maybe headers to a running engine, I see few doing full build, but if they do it's usually pretty mild doesn't stop some endlessly telling them there wrong. No one is saying 273/318 is a better platform to make power over 340/360 but some want to do what they want to do. I'm a small block guy only cause thats what I got, but I feel anyone wanting over 400hp should be building big block, a 400-440 with a trick flow top end will smoke 90% of small blocks including 408 so is everyone building a 340/360/408 dumb ???

To me most would be best off starting with in order a running 1st 5.9l magnum 2nd 5.2l magnum these 300-400hp is just 4bbl cam headers away 3rd LA360 above 350-375 hp is gonna need cr and a little head flow work last LA318, lack of head flow and CR is gonna limit about 300 hp same with 273 so a 4bbl headers and a comp x262h is 282 hp @ 5000 hp which if you got a running LA318 these mods are a no brainer above that head flow is gonna need to be addressed.

Just thinking about this discussion. I have a complete 360 just riding in the bed of my 1 ton truck so it rides nicer. Going to have to go get that out so I can haul some things this weekend...

The next time I bang my shin on the water pump neck on that 318 in my garage I'm gonna pull that water pump to use on my current 340 build...:lol:

Correct, bought my '71 340 Cuda street car back in 1980, all stock interior etc. + intake, 750DP, .484/284 purple hyd., small tube hdrs, 3500s/holeshot 727, 3.55's and 8x26" slicks best was 13.2@101+. Added 4.30's, strip dominator, 850DP, .590" sft cam, 4200stall, 10x28's, race hdrs, best was 12.4's@108. NA

View attachment 1715755117

That's badass!

You guys and your dog-gone 318’s. If I still had my six cylinder 1970 Ford maverick I would be challenging you to a race. Lol.

Dude you troll me, give me **** every chance you get case closed. If you can control yourself, please leave me alone or get me kicked of the forum. i really dont give two ***** about you or your 318 or if you think what i post is garbage Mod lately? you're not an expert and i dont need your advice, weve been here before leave me the hell alone will ya?. (probably not you dont have the self control)
Don’t you think it’s time to move your *** out of his threads and leave him alone as well as just STFU?!?!

Just thinking about this discussion. I have a complete 360 just riding in the bed of my 1 ton truck so it rides nicer. Going to have to go get that out so I can haul some things this weekend...
You can just drop that in my driveway if you want...

For what its worth( probably not much) i will say this.
The 318 is a good little motor, its really a workhorse motor in the Mopar world. Came in many cars, trucks,you name it.
I have seen first hand they can most definitely be made to run. Mine got my attention when i dropped the hammer on it, but it was a pretty cerebral engine masters build with trick machining.
They(318’s) lack cubes and have small bores, but with typical, available bolt ons, they can run extremely respectably. And are cheap regards availability.
That all said, if dollars were an issue, and bang for the buck was the main concern…along with going relatively fast… a 360 core can be found just as cheaply, is no more money to “ hop up” and it has the added plus of bigger bore, longer stroke..more cubes. Just more upside for no more money.
None of that is a slam on a 318 at all. Just math and reality.
Carry on…lol
As he ducks incoming

Don’t you think it’s time to move your *** out of his threads and leave him alone as well as just STFU?!?![/QUOT

I think I did say I was gonna ya but if I didnt come back and check in, I wouldn't get to see you being an internet badass. There seems to be quite a few here on this forum...too bad the combined age of the three of of yas is about 210...miserable old cocks...

yuns are miserable because ya want a hot 340 but are dicking around with 318s...

"Your Honor, Dartswinger 70 esquire rests his case..and motions for a recess..." :)

Last edited:
You guys and your dog-gone 318’s. If I still had my six cylinder 1970 Ford maverick I would be challenging you to a race. Lol.
Now I have to wonder.... If you bolted all the components (heads, intake, cam, etc) from your 360 on a .060 over 318, how would it run ??? Would it still break into the 9's ?? :realcrazy:

Now I have to wonder.... If you bolted all the components (heads, intake, cam, etc) from your 360 on a .060 over 318, how would it run ??? Would it still break into the 9's ?? :realcrazy:

I'm sayin yeah.

If I guy had a muscle car era chevy, and he had a 307 core, and a 350 core, I can guarantee you the chevy guys would reccomend the 350 over the 307, for the very same reasons a 360 is generally reccomend over a 318. All engines can be modified to increase performance, but dollar for dollar, the 360 IS superior compared to the 318. And I have built them all

If I guy had a muscle car era chevy, and he had a 307 core, and a 350 core, I can guarantee you the chevy guys would reccomend the 350 over the 307, for the very same reasons a 360 is generally reccomend over a 318. All engines can be modified to increase performance, but dollar for dollar, the 360 IS superior compared to the 318. And I have built them all
Agree, if both motors are on the ground and are good runners, I'll recommend the 360 as well. If they have a 318 and wish to work with it, by all means, be my guest !!

yuns are miserable because ya want a hot 340 but are dicking around with 318s...
Incorrect, evidence below….

8172E337-9D21-4E42-8ADD-8A5A9DD77A7F.jpeg

"Your Honor, Dartswinger 70 esquire rests his case..and motions for a recess..." :)

Granted!
Enjoy the day!

-
Back