That’s gonna leave a mark!!

-
OH MAN! the first time (and last time till now) I saw that happen was on a local TV station showing racing at Oswego drag strip. Rushed home after church, turned on the telly and saw a Chevy II take off and probably hit 2nd. The driveshaft came out and took the leaf spring front mounts and laid everything out behind the car...hingeing on the shackles. Bet that was quite a ride, for both of them.

Seen that one before. I just dont understand how that could happen unless it had a REALLY rusted frame where the leafs attached.

Seen that one before. I just dont understand how that could happen unless it had a REALLY rusted frame where the leafs attached.

The one I seen at my home track the guy had a ladder bar setup ! Bad welds is what it look liked ! Every break was a welded area ! I’m not a welder so I really don’t know ! But that was where it came apart is where it was welded

Never run ladder bar suspension is the lesson..... Leafs with traction bars will never do that

:p

That video has been around for several years. I'm just shocked that whoever owned that car hasn't fessed up

The one of the Belvedere at NED is an illustration of welds that weren’t quite up to snuff.
And probably why they want the brackets to wrap all the way around the tube.

IIRC that red Dart was in Canada as I googled the intersection of the extended video. Looks like rear diff locked up on both as the slick is scuffing when coming to a stop.
<<It's Stony Plain, Alberta>>

IIRC that red Dart was in Canada as I googled the intersection of the extended video. Looks like rear diff locked up on both as the slick is scuffing when coming to a stop.
<<It's Stony Plain, Alberta>>

My guess is that the right leaf spring perch broke/pulled of the axle. Them leverage help yank the other one off.
I say that because i don't see any thing on the axle tube as it came out.

-
Back