The 2015 SRT Cuda

-
I like the car in post #9 a heck of a lot more than anything that resembles the e-body.
They've been there done that anyway.

Just keep the taillights small and within the rear panel. 99% of cars have those cheap looking wrap around taillights that are square feet in size. I guess its cheaper to make the corners out of red or clear plastic ( f the body color!) instead of sheet metal? I love the lights too, not $300 to replace? Bring back the sealed beams but with R4 bulbs in them.

Second it has been announced several times now that SRT will be a stand alone brand , not Dodge SRT just SRT

You might want to Google the topic for the recent news within the last week.

Magazine speculation is one thing what Marchionne actually said with words is apparently another ,if you read down through the article they talk about indications are and appearances of but never quote him saying it . I read the text of his speech detailing his breakdown of future product in the financial pages what Marchionne actually said was the Dodge line up was going to shrink and be based mainly on the truck line bye bye 200 , Avenger and Caravan , Jeep was dumping a couple of products including I believe the Grand Cherokee and getting a new small awd vehicle , The minivans will be made as Chrysler Town and Country , I'm not sure about how to post links but I will search for the text of his actual speech and try to link it , the basic principle is he is eliminating most of the in house competing products and branding the survivors under the badge they feel they will be successful under . This includes some work on the Fiat line the re-vamp of Alfa Romeo in North America and next years intended re-launch of Maseratti here in North America which is where the Cuda was supposed to come from but the development of that platform has been pushed back with no time frame givin so indeed the 2015 Cuda is either dead or will have to be a Chally based product but no announcement of this has been made and there was no mention of it in the product line .They are also talking about increasing production over at Ferrari to capitalize in the upsurge in top end priced cars .

Another thing to remember about all of this is there are new EPA standards coming in and High performance product lines need sufficient offset sales of econo/enviro lines , there has been a lot of talk of the Hellcat Hemi being the " Last Hurrah " for a high performance Mopar and there might only be 1 or 2 model years where it is even available to the public before the Feds send us back to the seventies with shitty little aluminum 4 bangers for all .

And to end all speculation:

http://jalopnik.com/here-is-everything-fiat-chrysler-will-do-in-the-next-fi-1572336595

Standalone SRT is dead, Dodge will be the performance brand in america for the Fiat-Chrysler lineup.

Great link thanks , the only difference in what I read was that Marchionne never made any reference to SRT and I thought the top end Cherokee was also mentioned for elimination so as not to compete with the Durango . there still is no link to any formal announcement of the death of SRT as a brand or what they are going to do with Viper for sure but it certainly looks like the Viper will be a dodge again and SRT will be a model badge not a product line . I stand corrected on my second point regarding SRT , I do however stand by my original post well 2/3 s anyway that the article that started this thread was pure speculation by a magazine not any sort of announcement from Ma Mopar .

Honestly the retro look is passing away. Mopar's the only ones holding to it in a current model and I see that coming to an end soon. There's not enough money in it. A close friend is the GM of a dealership here and they move minivans and Darts and some 300s more than the 200 and Challenger or Charger. Her's is not a huge dealership but I can;t see a massive dealership's percentages are much different.

I'd say its pretty safe to predict that the new SRT Cuda' is for real. All of the nay sayers please refrain from posting here. Its not needed. We have all heard it already. Those of us who enjoy the new generation of Mopar's, please enjoy!

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1305_sneak_peek_2015_srt_cuda_concept/

i highly doubt that will be the cuda.. its only a challenger with different grill,tail lights and hood. i would think that it would be an entire different car if they actually come out with a cuda.

-
Back