The 318 NON believers

-
The amount of BS on this site is insane.I state a fact and a good amount of you step into the dark side and its smoke and mirrors and complain about the cost and he had a 200mph tail wind,and was holding his left nut out the window.Stop being Aholes,this guy did it you did not and you *****.Some guy comes on here and spends 60 grand on a rusty aspen and its great,but a guy spends MAYBE 30 grand on the whole car and your ready to hang people,that its stroked,big time over bored,trick parts that no one has every seen,come on guys,stop being fools for once.Its not rocket science,I ran a 327 S/S car in 70,s and ran low 11s with a 3600lbs car,so now after 30 years,we have not got any farther ahead,never mined in a car that is probably 1000lbs lighter,get of the coke and the weed,chill out and save some money and go to a local big event and take and watch these people instead of bitching.But now your going to go spend a 100 grand restoring your AAR cuda,thats OK,spending money a 318 daytona,NO,NO,NO,NO,I go play with my hemi car and chrysler and dodges and let you guys stand in the sand box and scream who,s dick is bigger,mrmopartech

spending 100k to restore my aar...LOL... talk about BS...

Ok..Mr. Super Stock...I never said the car did not run 9s...I never found it listed in the qualifying sheets showing 9s......you said Southern Nationals...I looked and it shows it running 10.40s...

I also see he lost in the first round...by running something in the 11s...

hey...i know of a B/ED with a 301 small mopar that runs low 7s....in Comp Eliminator...
He pulled the engine right out of the junk yard...bolted into the dragster...and Wow..7s.,.,..or maybe he spend about 25k on the engine...take a guess...

I am impressed with Dennis Stewart's daytona...but just dont blow smoke up everyone *** that it is a pretty simple or stock engine...

I dont know anything about building a NHRA class car....but I know it takes big $$$$.

Not familiar with "R3" ....I assume that is a special aftermarket block?

Its just that the way the OP said it, it seemed like a stock 89/90 block with some work....thanks for clearing that up.

Still, seems like its very expensive to go fast no matter what ya start out with...LOL

I dont think the original poster has chimed in since........ ???

http://www.summitracing.com/search/...Cast-Iron-R3-Race-Engine-Blocks/?autoview=SKU

R3 Block...probably find one for around 2700.00....plus machining....

cool, I just bought a 318 for $75, 9s here I come !!

i am in the process of pulling the one out of my 99 dodge ram...figure if it can move that pickup down the freeway at 75 mph...should move my race car into the 9s also

sorry....ok...i am done .....he wins...

Someone got some sand in their slit?

Maybe this will help.

midol.gif

The amount of BS on this site is insane.I state a fact and a good amount of you step into the dark side and its smoke and mirrors and complain about the cost and he had a 200mph tail wind,and was holding his left nut out the window.Stop being Aholes,this guy did it you did not and you *****.Some guy comes on here and spends 60 grand on a rusty aspen and its great,but a guy spends MAYBE 30 grand on the whole car and your ready to hang people,that its stroked,big time over bored,trick parts that no one has every seen,come on guys,stop being fools for once.Its not rocket science,I ran a 327 S/S car in 70,s and ran low 11s with a 3600lbs car,so now after 30 years,we have not got any farther ahead,never mined in a car that is probably 1000lbs lighter,get of the coke and the weed,chill out and save some money and go to a local big event and take and watch these people instead of bitching.But now your going to go spend a 100 grand restoring your AAR cuda,thats OK,spending money a 318 daytona,NO,NO,NO,NO,I go play with my hemi car and chrysler and dodges and let you guys stand in the sand box and scream who,s dick is bigger,mrmopartech
Great you stated a fact. are you aware of the 4 cyl imports and even some of the old 2.2 mopars running in the 8's and even 7's and snowmobiles running 9's, even near stock new Mustangs, Challengers ect.. running 11's with a warranty, Thanks for pointing out to us how a raced prepped V8 in a 2500lbs race prepped car can run high 9's :tard:

c'mon fellas, let's be civil about it. 9's and 10's with a stock bore and stroke 318 is impressive whether it's record-breaking or not. We all know of other cars with bib blocks and all kind of wiz-bang stuff that you'd think would be a bonafide runner and it's an 11 second ride. Now don't get me wrong, 11 sec is fast for a STREET CAR for for a track only ride... not so much... I don't know the guy or have a dog in the fight but 9/10's IMO in a 318 is moving pretty good...

c'mon fellas, let's be civil about it. 9's and 10's with a stock bore and stroke 318 is impressive whether it's record-breaking or not. We all know of other cars with bib blocks and all kind of wiz-bang stuff that you'd think would be a bonafide runner and it's an 11 second ride. Now don't get me wrong, 11 sec is fast for a STREET CAR for for a track only ride... not so much... I don't know the guy or have a dog in the fight but 9/10's IMO in a 318 is moving pretty good...
This is where the thread is confusing.Guys are gonna think this is a STOCK 318,where it,s know where near stock.Yes there impressive #,s,but can be much faster with more cubic inches.JMO:wink:

I guess Mad Dart isn't going to lift his foot from BJR's throat..... After all, he is "Mad dart"... LOL

Cool, fast 318's, that's great, pretty cool..........

I guess Mad Dart isn't going to lift his foot from BJR's throat..... After all, he is "Mad dart"... LOL

Cool, fast 318's, that's great, pretty cool..........

I am telling you he is trying to work his way back in and RIP OFF some more members.

There were a whole group of guys that would be victims if givin the chance in chat the other night who would think he is a guru when in fact he is not. The guys were new to the engine game and for sure could be lured to the slaughter like I was. So if I see him posting I am going to speak up.

Thread gone crazy again..................

I'm a 318 fan from the word go, but some of the claims in this thread are truly difficult to believe. I'm not saying anyone is lying, I'm simply saying that I haven't experienced such performance from that intrepid little V8 without power adders of some type.

I'm just amazed at how the replies are all wacky.

The bottom line is, a guy built A 318 and went quick in a light car.Nothng more, nothng less. But yet, everyone is getting nutty and adding 2 cents in on it as if this were ment to put one on somebody and trick them into wasting money.

I think only a true idiot or gullable/to new to be walking person would believe this could be done for cheap.

Posting up "Well a bigger engine can do it easier, cheaper, faster"... is just bologna posting and poking. This fact of bigger is easier, cheper and faster is the no brainer that should not even be repeated for it's a known. Unless your just born.

All that kind of porting just makes a shity thread and looks ill from the posters IMO.

But drone on they will.

Well I know I'm gonna do a 318 at some point in time for somethin....hell if i know what and I suspect it will be warm enough to run 13s with a single carb in a 3K pound car. Just some fun on da screet mah, yo. Nah gimmie dem quenny koos and shut da hell on up in here, yo.

I dont know anything about building a NHRA class car....but I know it takes big $$$$.

Not familiar with "R3" ....I assume that is a special aftermarket block?

Its just that the way the OP said it, it seemed like a stock 89/90 block with some work....thanks for clearing that up.

Still, seems like its very expensive to go fast no matter what ya start out with...LOL

I dont think the original poster has chimed in since........ ???

That, I believe, was the only real issue with this thread, and the basis for some of the comments. :study:

It was made to sound like it was easy and could be done with the old 318 block & heads that are sitting out in the side yard collecting rust.:^o

And some were trying to pass it on as ''they cost the same when get to this power level''.:^o

Still is a cool thing to run this fast, but it's just short of rocket science/brain surgery to it if you read whats been done and is allowed in this class.
It would cost you around a grand at least just for the intake work....

But still cool.

You could build a 410-420" SB for about 10-15K that would push that car to the same et/mph that 30-40K, purpose built, inside the confines of NHRA SS rules runs.

An IRL engine could do it too. Pick your parts and spend your money, plenty of ways to get to a goal.

found picture from 2005...IHRA ..runner upped...

Super Stock -- Scotty Stillings, Grand Am, 11.531, 77.72 def. Dennis Steward, Daytona, 10.270, 129.27.

did that Daytona come from the factory with wheelie bars? and 14 x 32 slicks....

I can not make out the class on the window...I can see the GT/?A....

Attachments

• SuperStock_Final.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 111
found picture from 2005...IHRA ..runner upped...

Super Stock -- Scotty Stillings, Grand Am, 11.531, 77.72 def. Dennis Steward, Daytona, 10.270, 129.27.

did that Daytona come from the factory with wheelie bars? and 14 x 32 slicks....

I can not make out the class on the window...I can see the GT/?A....
c'mon brother, whatcha gettin' at?!?! 8-)

Having fun.,,,,,,,,is that not why we are here..besides the world is ending tomorrow...

actually was looking for a picture of the car....

-
Back