The all new "It's time to get out and get fit" thread

-
Looking at the hotties at the gym helps me ignore the pain and keep going....

I swear it must be something in our genes. The fastest i've ever run a mile(10:30) was when i was running 20-30ft behind some cute girl. "chase the booty, chase the booty, chase the booty, oh the mile is over"

I know there are a lot of different opinions and options to loose weight and change your diet. I personally need and want to get more vitamins and eat less meat and bread, so though the juicing may not be the greatest idea, I do think it will be a good way for me to get the nutrients and vitamins that I have been lacking. I really want to change the way I eat, I don't like eating fast food or other greasy, salty, sugary foods. So this is a way for me to transition into a completely different, and better diet.

well good luck to you, but i just speak from my experience and drastic changes never worked. Small changes did the trick over time for me.

I know how you feel with regard to fastfood, but it seems like once we get used to that food, we easily develop an "addiction"(very hesitant to use that over-used word) to easy food. I made a bunch of fish + rice last night and it would've been a whole lot easier to get a greasy burrito from the 24hr spot in town(and it was very very tempting)

Ahh, I feel so good. I have lost 10, that's right, 10 pounds since Sunday weigh in... Should slow down now

well good luck to you, but i just speak from my experience and drastic changes never worked. Small changes did the trick over time for me.

I gotta agree. Baby steps are the best way. That way it's a life style change not just a crash diet. Most that go drastic like that do not stick to it because its so over the top. It's great to lose quickly but not the life style change to get to the proper weight and hold there long term.

A registered Dietition or nutritionist really helps man. Seariously think about talking to one.
This way you reach your goal of losing and you stay healthy doing it.

Balanced diet, portion control and exercise will do everything you want.

Lean fresh grilled, raw, baked or seared meats and raw or lightly cooked veggies. A few fruits and nuts here and there.

Nothing made from any type of dairy or grain!
Nothing fried

Eat at least 3 equally spaced times per day.

If a person can stay on the above diet and get minimum of 30 minutes of fast paced exercise per day, you will be in excellent shape and stay that way.

Grain (refined products of grain), dairy and sugar are the fundamental cause of obesity.

Examples of grain:
Beer, pizza, pasta, rice, tortillas, bread.

Good luck in your challenging and rewarding quest!

I hadn't lifted weights for about 4-5 years and could feel my back getting worse...degenerative discs....so I decided to get back into it and start on January 1st 2010.
To help my drive I decided to set a date to enter into a bodybuilding competition, lol. The date set was October 23rd 2010.

So, starting on Jan 1st I weighed 155 and decided to try and pack on as much as I could until 12 weeks out from the comp date.

Got up to 195 by August. Started cutting weight Aug 1st.

I would get up at 4am and hit the treadmill (before eating), walking at 4mph at a 2% incline for a minimum of 20min and a max of 45min. Go to work, come home, hit the gym really hard, then after my last meal, hit the treadmill again at the same morning pace. I would do the treadmill thing 5-6 days a week and hit the gym 4 days a week.

Food consisted of: Plain roasted chicken breast 5-7oz, boiled and mashed sweet potato, oatmeal, tuna in water, and egg whites. lol

Final weigh in 164 lbs. So, 31lbs lost in 12 weeks, about 10lbs a month.

As of now I walk around at 175, I'm 5'8"
Pics speak for themselves, lol. Tried finding before pics I took but must've deleted them.
I want to compete again but want to be around 195-205. Might take a couple years but, lol, it'll be fun getting there.
Just keep your head in the game as many get discouraged once the weight stops coming off. It'll go away, just a little more effort required, lol.

Attachments

• DSC_0061.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC_0066.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC_0080.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 79
-
Back