The cost of wheels and tires.

-

go-fish

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

Just want to relay to you the pulse of the market in regards to Rallye wheels and the tires that fit them.

I just bought, 2 wheels (purchased the other two last year), 4 BF Goodrich tires (225/60r15 and 255/60r15), beauty rings, center caps, and lug nuts.
$1967.50

If I wasn't trying to do a Day 2 build on Arthur's Duster I would have bought 18's and followed 72bluNblu's wheel specs.

I guess I am a little disappointed that 15" wheels can run that high. Of course, there are the rings and caps that are added purchases so that adds a lot.

FWIW, I got the US Wheel Rallye in 15x7 (4.5 bs) with a 225/60 on front. I was on the fence about getting the 235's but decided to play it safe until set #2 and I can see if I can get more tire under it with the b.s. and tire height. With the 235's it may be necessary to extend the fender braces and I have fresh paint so I don't want to crack the paint.
The rears I bought last year and they are 15x8 (4.5" b.s.). I could have went with 275's but I have numerically high gears and they are an inch taller than the 255's I bought. Again, I may be switching to the 275 on set #2 because I plan to put 3.21's or 3.55's.

Tires = $785
Wheels = $605
Beauty Rings = $234.00
Center caps and lug nuts = $345

Ouch ! Wheel price isn't terrible- but the small parts sure add up.

Just saw your post on the build- looks good.. Rallye's should make it even better IMO

BFG (basically friggin garbage) T/A radial car tires aren’t that great and now the prices is terrible. Why buy them?

their truck tires are fine. But did the price go crazy on them also?

You should have bought a used set of center caps for $80 and restore them yourself and probably could have got some lug nuts a little cheaper than that

Cooper cobras 275/60/15 ...really a great tire

20220629_170808.jpg

BFG (basically friggin garbage) T/A radial car tires aren’t that great and now the prices is terrible. Why buy them?

I know, I know. Wish I didn’t have to buy them but they are the only company that makes a 225/60. If I determine that a 235/60 can fit or if I lengthen the lower fender braces and push the fender out I will go with Cooper Cobra’s next.
My goal was to get 235’s and 275’s but decided to err on the side of caution and get the 225’s. The price difference between the BFG’s and Cooper’s was just not about $40.

Last edited:
I found that people LOVE to buy used TA’s at the swap meet now that new ones are so expensive.

Just like crack, they can’t get enough of that ****.

Please report how they fit with a picture of them turned inward where the corner of the tire is closest to the front lower fender lip.

Last edited:
I bought a like new set of 4 BFG on rallye wheel with center caps for around $300 at carlisle. Of course that was over 10 years ago :)
I love the look of the BFG but yeah they are stupid expensive for what they are. Im also running cooper cobra's on my dart sport 340 that I daily drive. Much cheaper and they are a really good tire.

Hey folks,

Just want to relay to you the pulse of the market in regards to Rallye wheels and the tires that fit them.

I just bought, 2 wheels (purchased the other two last year), 4 BF Goodrich tires (225/60r15 and 255/60r15), beauty rings, center caps, and lug nuts.
$1967.50

If I wasn't trying to do a Day 2 build on Arthur's Duster I would have bought 18's and followed 72bluNblu's wheel specs.

I guess I am a little disappointed that 15" wheels can run that high. Of course, there are the rings and caps that are added purchases so that adds a lot.

FWIW, I got the US Wheel Rallye in 15x7 (4.5 bs) with a 225/60 on front. I was on the fence about getting the 235's but decided to play it safe until set #2 and I can see if I can get more tire under it with the b.s. and tire height. With the 235's it may be necessary to extend the fender braces and I have fresh paint so I don't want to crack the paint.
The rears I bought last year and they are 15x8 (4.5" b.s.). I could have went with 275's but I have numerically high gears and they are an inch taller than the 255's I bought. Again, I may be switching to the 275 on set #2 because I plan to put 3.21's or 3.55's.

Tires = $785
Wheels = $605
Beauty Rings = $234.00
Center caps and lug nuts = $345

Where did you purchase the 15” trim rings? I have been looking for months!

I’ve been goin through the same problems. Bought Cragar 61 SS wheels. Finding 14’s with SBP was crazy, and I still don’t have lug nuts for them! I have some used ones coming but new ones are back ordered for ever

I’ve been goin through the same problems. Bought Cragar 61 SS wheels. Finding 14’s with SBP was crazy, and I still don’t have lug nuts for them! I have some used ones coming but new ones are back ordered for ever

I really wanted Keystone’s for this Day Two build. Seems like they just make a few offsets. None of them are that great for front wheels on A-bodies.

For your lug nuts, measure the shank length. You should be able to find an alternative. Are they the ones with the oval washers?

And those tires will need to be "replaced" after 6-8 Years weather you drive on them or not....per a few members here. Try finding 14" tires nowadays in a size beside a small truck tire.

I really wanted Keystone’s for this Day Two build. Seems like they just make a few offsets. None of them are that great for front wheels on A-bodies.

For your lug nuts, measure the shank length. You should be able to find an alternative. Are they the ones with the oval washers?
No such luck. My lugs have the thin shanks. .767 shank with a .592 Od. The washers are 1” with a .60 hole. I got the last 2 packs from Jegs and found some on here. I should be able to get them mounted sometime next week. 4 months. Just crazy

Buy new, and get the new wheel price $.
That's why I find used wheels, for penny's on the dollar.
Nothing a little paint or powder coat won't fix.
And in regards to BFG's ? Not the best performance tire out there, but they work fine for most. For the muscle car look, they are hard to beat.
I believe Coker bought the rights to them. So now you know who to blame for the BFG pricing.

Even steelies have gotten stupid. I'm thankful I have these aluminum slots already, so now "all" I need are the tires, but they are bad enough themselves. Finding what I really want in stock is the hard part with 14s.

Even steelies have gotten stupid. I'm thankful I have these aluminum slots already, so now "all" I need are the tires, but they are bad enough themselves. Finding what I really want in stock is the hard part with 14s.
I was going to go with Chrome Rally wheels from Coker. They had the 14x7’s but only had 1 14x6! Seriously! No idea when they would have another one

I was going to go with Chrome Rally wheels from Coker. They had the 14x7’s but only had 1 14x6! Seriously! No idea when they would have another one
Same kinda thing with Wheel Vintiques. No idea on when they will have them, so I will run what I have!

Coker has not bought, nor do they manufacture BF Goodrich tires. They only sell them under their part number.

-
Back