The end is near...

-
Who am I talking to here???? How is a car that Herb McCandless drives relevant to anything I been talking about or my race, that nobody will step up for yet by the way......kinda shocked with all the Gen 3 builds and lovers of it on here you would think someone has a badass car.....I mean if all I wanted was basic transportation I would be 100% happy with a slant 6 to be honest.

You are a little on the myopic side.

all the real men are dying off and all we will have left are weirdo's who are putting POS Gen 3's or the new even bigger POS HurriCrate in the classic mopars......such a shame.

That's how you started the thread.

You have taken it to the extreme of "who's the fastest", but not everyone cares if it can beat your Golden Calf. There are other factors in life besides claiming to be the most bad ***.

low, low 9's or depending on what you're not telling in the 8's. :D
Your speculating what the current engine would run off of posted 1/8th mile times so that is anyone's guess...to be honest i'm still struggling to keep the nose on the track since I put the 4.88's in it and have yet to make many clean passes so it's still debatable as to whether or not that helped or hurt the car.

You are a little on the myopic side.

That's how you started the thread.

You have taken it to the extreme of "who's the fastest", but not everyone cares if it can beat your Golden Calf. There are other factors in life besides claiming to be the most bad ***.
Ok well I don't like his build of putting a Gen 3 in that classic car and that doesn't mean I don't respect what he has done for the racing community or Mopar but him and I will just agree to disagree on that particular car kinda like we probably don't like the same thing for dinner. I brought the fastest thing AFTER all you dreamers kept throwing the superiority of the Gen 3 in my face and as usual it was easy to prove a certain 5 or 6 of my top fans wrong and YET still no takers on a race.....Hmmmmm odd....I thought that with how much more superior the G3 is that I may have to race multiple guys.......oh well I can't hate myself for being right AGAIN!!!!! :rofl:

I’ll drive my my GenIII swapped Barracuda up there and race you. But you have to drive yours down here to Texas and race me in the 110 mile 150mph road race. You’ll beat my *** for sure in one of them. But I’ll have a lot of fun driving mine everywhere.

I’ll drive my my GenIII swapped Barracuda up there and race you. But you have to drive yours down here to Texas and race me in the 110 mile 150mph road race. You’ll beat my *** for sure in one of them. But I’ll have a lot of fun driving mine everywhere.
You are more than welcome to participate in my race or not as this is America and as such I will politely decline your race offer....thanks though.

I could see you beat his Golden Calf in KC. Even if he shows up.

I think I'll bow out if this thread. As said before, I don't currently have a car togehter to compete. No excuses here, just facts. Be happy with your Cuda. It is a nice ride. But, I'm not all about your chest pumping about how good, rich, and tough you are. Yeah, I know. It ain't bragging if you can back it up. Humility goes a long way. You need to sling any more **** my way just p.m. me. We'll figure out the details there. Good day, all.

No offence, I have a 451 powered 67 fastback.
I wouldn't want drive it 110 miles even if it had a slant six. lol

I think I'll bow out if this thread. As said before, I don't currently have a car togehter to compete. No excuses here, just facts. Be happy with your Cuda. It is a nice ride. But, I'm not all about your chest pumping about how good, rich, and tough you are. Yeah, I know. It ain't bragging if you can back it up. Humility goes a long way. You need to sling any more **** my way just p.m. me. We'll figure out the details there. Good day, all.
Have a great weekend

Well shoot I guess I ruined 408's day when I broke his heart that the ringer he thought he had with turbofreek isn't up to par either......sorry bud but you can't blame me they just aren't fast, LOL.

Not chest pumping....it's backing up what I say

Got curious and found this... I get the "it's boring" or ugly aspects but I think calling it a turd is a stretch. Stock bottom end, ported stock heads and intake, didn't mention weight but it can't be much less than 4000 lbs and he's close to 120 mph trap speeds. I don't think they're "superior" but at the same time the aftermarket is just barely getting started. I'm sure there will be excuses though as to why this engine is still worthless. I bet the old-timers back in the 70s were saying the same things about the 340 when it was new since it couldn't hang with built engines of the previous generations.

Got curious and found this... I get the "it's boring" or ugly aspects but I think calling it a turd is a stretch. Stock bottom end, ported stock heads and intake, didn't mention weight but it can't be much less than 4000 lbs and he's close to 120 mph trap speeds. I don't think they're "superior" but at the same time the aftermarket is just barely getting started. I'm sure there will be excuses though as to why this engine is still worthless. I bet the old-timers back in the 70s were saying the same things about the 340 when it was new since it couldn't hang with built engines of the previous generations.

I wouldn't call it ugly as I do have a soft spot for the earlier Dakota race trucks or a good street/strip setup I wouldn't mind owning.....but at 11.11 @ 120 N/A it's obviously not a contender for my race and have suspicions that even if it dropped weight down to 3400 lbs it still may not have been able to beat my old 415" LA setup. Interesting find though.....almost had me nervous before I watched the video, LOL

What are you cooking this weekend? I'm starving.

Man I’m bored with eating and cooking now. I had a couple delicious burgers on the grill last Saturday and Sunday. Made some buttered potatoes last night. Hoooo hummmmm. I have some spaghetti sauce I froze from my last batch that will probably be getting taken out of the freezer. I feel a trip to longhorn in my near future for a good Ribeye steak. Maybe next week.

Who am I talking to here???? How is a car that Herb McCandless drives relevant to anything I been talking about or my race, that nobody will step up for yet by the way......kinda shocked with all the Gen 3 builds and lovers of it on here you would think someone has a badass car.....I mean if all I wanted was basic transportation I would be 100% happy with a slant 6 to be honest.

Or even the lowly 318. Lmao

I wouldn't call it ugly as I do have a soft spot for the earlier Dakota race trucks or a good street/strip setup I wouldn't mind owning.....but at 11.11 @ 120 N/A it's obviously not a contender for my race and have suspicions that even if it dropped weight down to 3400 lbs it still may not have been able to beat my old 415" LA setup. Interesting find though.....almost had me nervous before I watched the video, LOL
That's fine, I wasn't really claiming that it would be a contender just trying to show that they aren't complete trash. And the fact that it has so many stock-based parts and runs as fast as it does. Imagine a G3 with the equivalent amount of development as a high-end LA build with W-series heads, 40+ years is a long time for racers to figure out how to squeeze the most power from an engine platform. Heck just look at camshafts, there are barely any out there for the VVT Hemi currently.

That's fine, I wasn't really claiming that it would be a contender just trying to show that they aren't complete trash. And the fact that it has so many stock-based parts and runs as fast as it does. Imagine a G3 with the equivalent amount of development as a high-end LA build with W-series heads, 40+ years is a long time for racers to figure out how to squeeze the most power from an engine platform. Heck just look at camshafts, there are barely any out there for the VVT Hemi currently.
I obviously was expecting a highly modified N/A G3 to race against if that ever comes to fruition. Thanks again

I'm afraid we'll never know the full potential of the Gen 111.

Man I’m bored with eating and cooking now. I had a couple delicious burgers on the grill last Saturday and Sunday. Made some buttered potatoes last night. Hoooo hummmmm. I have some spaghetti sauce I froze from my last batch that will probably be getting taken out of the freezer. I feel a trip to longhorn in my near future for a good Ribeye steak. Maybe next week.

I'm jonesing for smoked chuck roast myself, it's been a while. Still haven't had smoked brisket from a restaurant that's half as tasty as homemade even when it doesn't come out quite right lol. But then I do live in Colorado, not Texas. Hopefully that'll change in a couple months though.

-
Back