The power of white vinegar

-
So do you mix the baking soda with water at what ratio-and spread it over the parts?
About 1 Tablespoon of washing soda per gallon. When you turn on the power supply with no washing soda in the tank, you'll get low amps, put the washing soda in and the amps will jump. If you have an aquarium bubbler its nice to drop in there too as it will slightly agitate the soup as it gets nasty depending on amount of rust.

I cleaned a pair of exhaust manifolds with vinegar. Nothing easier and cheaper when you buy the cheap stuff in gallon jugs.

Vinegar is highly corrosive so, yes, flush it off thoroughly! Crevices...details! Must rinse.

Has anyone used evaporust? I bought a gallon of it a few years back and it worked really well. However, I was doing small parts. At $20+ a gallon probably couldn’t afford to do big parts.

I tried a new gallon and it was sad. Idk if it goes bad but to me it was a waste of $30.00. I tried soaking some tools that weren’t rusted very bad at all and was very disappointed. I left it longer and it turned the tools a very dark grey. Kim

It works well removing concrete from motor vehicles also. Cement dust is a booger to get off of glass and paint once it gets a little morning dew to make it take a set.

1. Turn oven on 400 degrees F.
  2. Pour a thick (1/2 inch or so) layer of baking soda on the bottom of the baking dish.
  3. Bake for 1 hour, stirring 1-2 times in the middle, or until it has changed in look and feel. Baking soda has a silky/powdery feel and washing soda is more grainy and not silky. The baking soda will need to reach the full 400 degrees for this reaction to take place, so give it time.
  4. Let cool and store in air-tight jar.

Dry molasses works well when diluted with water. I used to keep a 55 gallon drum of molasses To derust misc. parts....

If you don’t understand the chemistry, you can’t understand how to to use it and control it...but you can if you want to,

Too smart for my own good?

Nope, I just understand how things work...and will use that knowledge to my advantage.

You can choose your own path.

I prefer using knowlege.

Theres a d in knowledge smart guy....oh the irony....
If you don’t understand the chemistry, you can’t understand how to to use it and control it...but you can if you want to,

Too smart for my own good?

Nope, I just understand how things work...and will use that knowledge to my advantage.

You can choose your own path.

I prefer using knowlege.

VERY helpful answer. Now I realize it ain't just me you make fun of. Where's the "Thanks" button?
Made fun of you? When?

Find just one post I ever made making fun of you and quote it here. You can’t because I never did.

Last edited:
-
Back