The problem with seller feedback ratings...ABUSERS

-
wow!!!! I have to think most of us are on here because we love this stuff. I have no problem with parts hawkers, but they need to honestly represent their wares . i have no problem with members making an honest buck selling cars, parts, they do all of us a service!
BUT condition can be a relative thing, but anyone screwing members should be called out. let them defend themselves, but call them out, for the sake of general member welfare???? just me,...

Yep, I got no problem with people selling to make some $$$, but these are clearly not $295 worth of scoops! Anybody that has been into Mopars for any length of time has a general idea of what stuff is worth, and those were not worth anywhere near that amount!! Heck, I sold a cherry hood with those very scoops in really nice condition for $250!! And he wants top dollar for junk??? Pass the pipe, maybe another hit would change my mind!!! NOT!!!.....

Im not defending this deal, BUT if the deal in question is hood scoops for a dart, those pics look pretty damned clear to me. I don't know how much clearer the seller could make the pics??
I have bought from him before with no issues. Again like I said not defending THIS deal, but I can see the pics clearly. I see those up here for sale occasionally and at least for $250 and up.
I would buy from him again

I see some of you have already figured it out.. Darrell, aka "blewbyu" was the seller.

To anyone selling parts here on FABO.. Just be realistic with your description of the item you're selling. Of course the major majority of the sellers here do just that. In fact, one of my most recent purchases here was an emblem that the seller described as having "some pitting". I purchased the emblem and was very happy with it. The pitting was barely noticeable. I emailed him to thank him, he said he just wanted to make sure I wasn't disappointed with the condition after it's arrival.

BUT, when someone describes something as being better than it actually is, how is the buyer going to be anything but dissatisfied with his purchase? The transaction is doomed at that point. I honestly wouldn't have given $50 bucks for these if I had seen the actual condition of them.

I had an ad in the "parts wanted" section and was contacted by blewbyu with an offer to sell me a pair of original dual scoops from a '70 Dart. He sent me a link to his ad: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=288852

Now as you can see, his pics were a little blurry, so I had him give a description of the scoops. Here is the dialog from my PM box for anybody that wants to see it:

Re: twin scoops
Originally Posted by blewbyu
PM sent with a pair for sale that i have on here for $200.00 plus shipping.

Originally Posted by bighammer
Thanks for the offer on these, I'm considering it. Pictures make it a little difficult to tell the condition of these. Is there any damage to the scoops themselves (cracks, gouges, etc) or do they just need sand / paint?

Thanks
Mark

no cracks breaks and all studs in tact, trust me this is a great price for them, i do not think you will find a set this good for this money[/QUOTE]

$38.00 to ship and insure them, let me know.

thanks Darrell[/QUOTE]

I guess I'll do it. Thanks. PayPal address?[/QUOTE]

pay pal is [email protected], if you could send as freinds and family so no fees please. Also please send your complete name and address and i will ship out first thing Monday.

thanks Darrell[/QUOTE]

Got the scoops today. I'm not happy with them, there are two missing studs. One on the scoop itself, and one of the studs on the emblem.

Mark[/QUOTE]

Sorry your not happy, they are not brand new,They are used scoops and they are only 44 years old. but all studs were in place as seen in the pics i had of them. No studs were missing when they left make sure it did not break in shipping and in the bottom of the box and yes one stud was missing on the 340 badge. Send them back if your not happy and i will gladdy refund you the purchase price. Trust me you will not buy any for that price any better.[/QUOTE]

Yes Darrell, I will send them back then. I'm aware of the fact that they are over 40 years old. But you convinced me that they were in great shape, and they're not. And now you're telling me that you knew that one of the studs was missing on the 340 badge?? I specifically asked you about the condition prior to sending you the money... no mention of the missing stud(s) Plus, the scoops aren't anywhere near the condition you lead me to believe.[/QUOTE]

Come on really, all the studs were in tact that mounts the scoops and that is what i stated, that 340 badge ani't going no where send them back ASAP[/QUOTE]

Darrell, I'm not angry, just simply not happy with the purchase. I paid you your asking price, plus the $38 shipping, additionally, I added in all the PayPal fees so that you wouldn't get hit with them.

How do you propose we proceed? I believe the fairest way, and what PayPal guidelines suggest, would be for you to refund me the amount I have paid you, plus shipping back to you. ($3 I'll tell you what I will do, is eat the return shipping myself. That way, both of us are out $38 and you will have your scoops back, and I'll continue looking for another set.

My PayPal address is [email protected]

Thanks

Mark[/QUOTE]

Please send pictures of the area's of the scoops you are refering to to my e mail at [email protected]

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Darrell, Not sure why you need the pics, but I'll get you some. I left the scoops at my office, so I can't get the pics to you until tomorrow.

Mark[/QUOTE]

Tomorrows fine just want to see what was the problem with them.[/QUOTE]

Pictures have been sent to your email as requested. As you can see, there are two missing studs, one on the scoop itself, and on the other one it is the emblem stud broken off. I have them all boxed up with additional packing / protection, ready to ship.

I want to express my appreciation for your eagerness in getting this taken care of. Please let me know when I can ship; I'll take care of it ASAP.

Mark[/QUOTE]

I sent you an e mail asking if the missing stud for the scoop was in the box and I never heard from you, please advise if the stud is in the box?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Sorry Darrell, I checked closely, it's not in the box.[/QUOTE]

Ok so all we need to do to solve this problem is get another stud to screw into the scoop base and another 340 badge and it's fixed. I have another 340 emblem here and will look for a stud to screw into the scoop. Since it is only those 2 little items to make them right. The only other option would make a claim with the shipper for the missing stud which must have fell out of the box from their handling of the box as you can see from the pictures i original sent you all studs were intack. I have no reason to remove the studs. Please make sure it is not caught up in the packing they were wrapped in.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

No Darrell, I'm not willing to keep them. They are not as described, plain and simple. Please refund ASAP so I can get them back to you.

Mark[/QUOTE]

Darrell, this needs to be taken care of SOON. Please get back to me with your intentions. You agreed that the best resolution is for me to send them back for a refund. That is my intention and I need you to refund my money. I'm filing a claim with PayPal if you don't take care of this right away.

As you can see, he stopped communicating with me, and I needed to get it resolved, so on to PayPal to file the claim. They made him refund my money, and he got the scoops back. I will look for a couple pictures that I took of the scoops and post them up in a little bit.

Im not defending this deal, BUT if the deal in question is hood scoops for a dart, those pics look pretty damned clear to me. I don't know how much clearer the seller could make the pics??...can see the pics clearly.

Well, his pictures don't show the two missing studs, and his description of "some pitting but a good original set" was way off. The bezels have serious pitting, as well as flaking and bubbling. In other words they're crap!

Here is a picture I too with my phone the day I got the scoops:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 253
I'm not suggesting folks should boycott blewbyu. I started this thread in hopes of making people be a little more cautious. Both the sellers description and the buyers level of trust should be scrutinized!

I'm not suggesting folks should boycott blewbyu. I started this thread in hopes of making people be a little more cautious. Both the sellers description and the buyers level of trust should be scrutinized!

if someone wanted to return something I sold them , I would not even question it. I even tell my buyers if they are not happy with anything about the item, simply let me know, and I will return it no questions asked. I just can not see why any seller would not have the same attitude or moral policy. there would not even be a thread here about this guy had he just shut his pie hole and sent the money back. it just doesn't make any sense to me.

Why not include the worst areas of the items in your listings description? I don't see that view, clearly the worst pitting on that bezel, in any part of his original listing! Pictures should be used to help you describe your items, yes?? Then why not show clear closeup pictures of the worst parts of the items?? I don't get it?? And for $295+$38, I would've wanted to see every inch of them!! Geof

ever noticed how some people on craigs and fleebay take pics of their 4 door car only showing the front doors!? best thing when selling is try to be VERY accurate with pics and give very critical description.
to keep good rep, I feel returns should be granted if and when the seller can go back and look and read his description and pics and REALIZE just maybe he made a mistake. if he's sure he was accurate, then I would stick by my guns.
i'm not taking sides on this particular case, just giving my opinion in general.
back in the OLD days (before putters and stupid phones)..., when selling a car. I would send the guy tons of photos ( yes thru snailmail), but I would tell him, call me and let me tel him about the car. pics don't show all!!??? I wanted the car to be at least minimum of what he expected and really more....

I believe it was 200 + shipping. Doesn't matter.

Sucks it cost you money to send them back.

Ask for more pictures and the worst areas. I don't think the pricing was bad on the part, bezel isn't even close to driver quality. Description could have been better.

What is the point of feedback if it is deleted. Whatever happened to the Golden Rule?

One mans junk is another mans treasure. A piece in a corrosive environment may be the best available to some but a piece locked away in a climate controlled vault would never satisfy others.
It was a rotten exchange which cost you both shipping charges. The whole discussion, including this post is just crap IMHO.

I believe it was 200 + shipping.

Yeah, he started the price at $295, but that's typical of what flippers do, to try and place a higher perceived value on them, so it looks like a bargain to see such nice stuff with the price reduced.

That's partly what I fell for. In fact I already have a set of scoops for my Dart that are 10 times better than his, that I was going to replace them with! I paid $200 for them as well and the chrome is nearly perfect and the plastic / resin is real nice too. But there are missing studs. I bought them right here on FABO almost two years ago. I'll go ahead and use the ones I've got.

What is the point of feedback if it is deleted. Whatever happened to the Golden Rule?

Seriously? For starters, the feedback system, thankfully, is monitored. And I know for a fact that the staff members and the administrator of this site rarely delete feedback. And it is only when it gets abused by a malicious member that wants to take someone down with him because he received negative feedback. Darrell should have just abstained from leaving any feedback at all, he had no reason to leave negative feedback.

The Golden Rule? Do you remember what it is?? Something like: "Do un to others as you would want done to you" NOT 'Do un to others and then screw them'. Darrell made the mistake to think that since the scoops were now in my possession I was stuck with them, and he had my money and wasn't going to part with it.

One mans junk is another mans treasure. A piece in a corrosive environment may be the best available to some but a piece locked away in a climate controlled vault would never satisfy others.

This is exactly my point. And that is why a good honest description of the item is imperative.

It was a rotten exchange which cost you both shipping charges. The whole discussion, including this post is just crap IMHO.

It could have worked out fine, one of two ways: Blewbyu could have provided accurate info so that I knew exactly what I was getting; OR - He could have taken me up on the offer I made to him as soon as I saw the condition of the scoops. I told him I would eat the shipping charges and send them back. That way we would both be out about $36, he would get back his scoops, and I would get back my $200

Also, this post is exactly what needs to happen in this situation. I even warned blewbyu that if he retaliated due to my negative feedback, I would create this post and "out him". So here we are. Fortunately, I feel that I have the support of most members here. And understandably, lots of people don't want to state their opinion in this thread, but I want to say thanks for the members that have PMd me with supportive comments.

The Golden Rule? Do you remember what it is?? Something like: "Do un to others as you would want done to you" NOT 'Do un to others and then screw them'. Darrell made the mistake to think that since the scoops were now in my possession I was stuck with them, and he had my money and wasn't going to part with it.

yes, that is exactly what it is. You got your money back and he got his parts back. you left negative feedback, but he is not allowed to? I cry BULLSHIT!

yes, that is exactly what it is. You got your money back and he got his parts back. you left negative feedback, but he is not allowed to? I cry BULLSHIT!

Actually, not having anything to do with the so called Deal. Im actually agreeing on this part. Reading alot of this and so called comprehending in my lil pea brain......You returned the parts,got what 90% of your money back, got your feedback resolved, using what you Have? Im sorry, call me stupid but if you already have a set why buy another? Sorry, not trying to ruffle feathers but the more i read the more unsure/confused im gettin

Wonder why the seller has not commented yet? He has been a member here since 2010, has decent stuff for sale and I know some members who got great deals and parts from him. Glad he refunded you your money, sucks you had to pay shipping but sounds like it ended ok.

The biggest thing is that the interested party needs to see more pictures and better detailed pics if they are uncertain when it comes to deals. I have bought things on a whim cause they seemed like a good deal only to find out why it was so cheap...it happens and many times the buyer doesn't get any money back.

Wonder why the seller has not commented yet? He has been a member here since 2010, has decent stuff for sale and I know some members who got great deals and parts from him. Glad he refunded you your money, sucks you had to pay shipping but sounds like it ended ok.

The biggest thing is that the interested party needs to see more pictures and better detailed pics if they are uncertain when it comes to deals. I have bought things on a whim cause they seemed like a good deal only to find out why it was so cheap...it happens and many times the buyer doesn't get any money back.

Maybe hes not responding thinking everyone will jump on him?????? Just a thought. I for one wont. But hell, its just me.

this is why getting good pictures is a must to make a deal. if the seller won't supply good pictures, then pass, as something is most likely fishy, if in this modern technology age, a decent picture can't be had.

Okay guys, so it looks as though the tables have turned on me a little. I gotta say, I somewhat expected that to happen. But I also think, by reading some of the above comments, that some of you may have only skimmed through the lengthy posts. So, just to clarify, I will state below the actual, verifiable facts; no opinions:

* In PMs to me, blewbyu insured me there were no missing pins on the scoops

* When asked for clarification as to the condition of the scoops, blewbyu said "some pitting, but a good original set" (italics mine)

* I agreed to his full asking price, but he asked me to send payment as "friends and family" (which offers him impunity but leaves me hanging out to dry). So I sent normal payment for normal purchases and paid the fees myself.

* I contacted the seller immediately upon inspection due to finding that the scoops were significantly different than described, with missing studs and worthless, bubbling, flaking chrome bezels.

* I made a fair offer thru PMs to send the scoops back on my dime and he could refund my money. At that point we would have both been out $36 and he would have his scoops back.

* Seller refused the offer, claims the parts are 'over 40 years old, and what should I expect?'

* I told him I would have to proceed by filing the claim with PayPal if he didn't make it right by me. Never heard back so I filed the claim.

* PayPal claims reviewed both of our positions and determined that his parts were misrepresented.

* PayPal refunded my money after I returned the scoops to Darrel, blewbyu.

* When given the opportunity to make things right, Darrell refused. He simply wanted to keep my money and leave me stuck with parts I couldn't use. He didn't have a change of heart and refund my $236. PayPal took the money back from him and refunded it to me.

* The claims process is a very lengthy one. It took about 6 weeks to get my money back.

* I waited a few days after getting my refund before I decided to leave negative feedback. I had concerns that he would retaliate by sabotaging my feedback. So I searched the forums. What I came away with is the strong opinion from most members was 'What good is the feedback system if nobody uses it"? As well as "Remember that some day one of those unpleasant events may happen to you because someone was too lazy to leave feedback."

* I proceeded to do what I considered the right thing. I left negative feedback. In case some of you don't know how it works, there is a provision in the feedback system which allows the person to post a message to the seller. I told blewbyu that it was something I felt necessary, and that if he retaliated by maliciously trashing my feedback, I would creat a thread exposing him. And he proceeded to trash my rating anyway. So here is the thread I told him I would make.

The following is my opinion, not to be confused with concrete facts listed above:

Whether or not you personally "take sides" on this is up to you. I did what I thought best. I don't lie, cheat, or steal, and I expect to be treated fairly. Just because the seller blewbyu had no negative feedback prior to this, some of you think I should have given him some sort of break. (?) I tried that. And since Darrell has been a member here for a couple years I'm sure he has his circle of friends and members that got a fair deal from him. And I'm also fairly certain that there were other dissatisfied buyers out there that simply decided to take their lumps and let it go. That's what I almost decided. But, again, what is done is done, and this thread now exists, and I apologize to anyone, other than to Darrell, who may have been somehow negatively affected or implicated.

The part be damned. Leaving negative feedback and the threat of this thread if he reciprocated with negative feedback is what gets my hackles up.

The part be damned. Leaving negative feedback and the threat of this thread if he reciprocated with negative feedback is what gets my hackles up.

I'm sorry, I really don't want to antagonize you with this, but, for what reason, in your opinion, should I have gotten any negative feedback? I was honest throughout the entire transaction. I don't see what I could have done different. Based on the direction of his posts, I was concerned of inappropriate feedback, so I cautioned him about naming him and revealing all the facts in this thread. There was no "threat" it was just me advising him of what would happen. If he had reason to leave negative feedback, this thread would not have ever been started.

Why did you feel compelled to leave feedback? You got your money back but it cost you both. Expensive lesson? Did it teach you to ask for better pictures. Did it teach him a lesson? Provide better pictures and better descriptions.

I am not angry, just pointing out the childishness of the whole situation. It sounds like a grade school playground exchange.

KUDOS to blewbyu for not participating. At this point I wish I had done the same.

-
Back