the redheaded step-children (all AMC)

-

ramenth

Gratis persona
Reaction score
Okay, Jamison gave me his memory card so I could post some pics of the all AMC show from Labor Day in Lawrencville, PA at the old AMC dealership there. This dealership made the swap to Chrysler after the sale and moved up the road to Painted Post, NY, but kept the old building and fills it with memorbilia every year.
They have to beat the bushes for some of these cars, with license plates from all over the country. Here's some pics. Hope you enjoy.

By the way, I got the thread title from an AMC fan friend of mine who owns a couple of unrestored Javelins and AMX's. He calls them the redheaded step-children to the Mopar guys.

Some AMX's and Javelins:

20090919_4.JPG

20090919_30.JPG

20090919_29.JPG

20090919_35.JPG

20090919_36.JPG

20090919_74.JPG

20090919_73.JPG

Thanks for the pics,got some very nice cars there,friend o mine is nutz about the AMX cars.

My favorite one there was the blue one AMX in the first post. ProTouring style, tube front end, 4 link, 390 car,TKO600 tranny, custom interior. That's car has been driven to every show it goes to all over the country.

I really like that black AMX. Very stealthy.

Thanks for the pics rameneth! Oh wait, here's one I found a little ways back. I don't know why, but it really appeals to me. It looks like one of those "Stomper" toys.

74-gremlin-body-on-a-74-jeep-frame-100_0173.jpg

Thought you folks might like seeing these, especially considering the AMC heritage in our Magnum engines. Some of the few non-Mopars here I wouldn't mind adding into the stable. I always loved the idea behind the S/C Ramblers (though the blue painted Magnum's weren't one of the best ones.)
Liked the placement of the placement of the tach in the hood scope on the Machine.

20090919_5.JPG

20090919_31.JPG

20090919_32.JPG

Great photos. I always wanted a Gremlin. Ramblurrrrrrrrrrrr

Very very nice AMC and AMX cars! Thanks for showing those pics!

Gotta love our little brothers.

Always liked the early Jav's and AMX's. But the Gremlin is the one that I always wanted. Even as a 10 yr old, when my Mom and Dad were buying a 1973 Hornet Sportabout, I was trying to talk Dad into getting the Gremlin instead.

Had four friends in high school that had 304 Gremlins, one was scary fast.

Have another buddy that has a '67 Rogue, with a blown 401. Don't see too many of those around here.

Around my home, 455s were routinely stuffed into gemlins and chevettes..

What is the story behind chrysler and amc..did AMC buy engines from Chrysler ?

Ian.

What is the story behind chrysler and amc..did AMC buy engines from Chrysler ?

Ian.

AMC had there own engines, very strong at that, with the 304, 343, 360, 390, 401, and a bunch of inlines like the 258. But they would buy, at times, other's engines. The Dauntless (Buick?) V6 comes to mind in the late '60s early '70s and before Chrysler bought them out, the 2.8 Chevy V6 could be had in the Cherokee.
Take a look at the engines that are shown and you'll see the distributor in front of the engine, angled towards the left bank on 'em. Definately an AMC call out as to manufacturer.
It definately wasn't unusual to see 904s, 727s or NP standards in 'em sourced from Chrysler, though. Just as it wasn't unusual towards the end of the run (Before Chrysler) to see Motorcraft ignition systems, GM brakes from Delco, Autolite carbs, etc.

Thats the ONLY STR-13 cross ram intake I have ever seen. How many of those you suppose are still alive? My friend had a Hornet Wagon with a 6 in it, that thing was a tank, and slow at that. But it still made beer runs...! I missed a green Rebel "Machine" by a day out of the local auto trader. Their 360 was faster than ours..heads flowed about 40 CFM more out of the box than even X heads and the 401 "apprehender" (?) police package was the fastest big block police car of the day. Welcome at any Mopar meet, just park over there...;-)

Never seen that many SC/Ramblers all in one place. Love the two seat AMXs and the Rebel convertible.

Never seen that many SC/Ramblers all in one place. Love the two seat AMXs and the Rebel convertible.

This show has the makings to become Carlilse for AMCs with the right marketing behind it. It's growing every year. While most of the cars come from the Northeast there were a hand full from the mid-west which made the trip. Word of mouth is spreading the event. One thing I've learned by hanging out with an AMC guy is that these folks are even more tightly bonded than we as Mopar guys are.

Great pics!

Thanks Robert & Jamison

Thank you, Tony, though I must admit this thread was revived by pishta after I sent him the link in PM in response to 'Spaz's thread. The pics are last years show. Didn't have a chance to make it to this year's.

But considering that my church's men's group was just given a generous donation of a '74 Javelin to restore, I - and some of the guys from the church - will be hitting this show every year, looking for parts, making connections, and, eventually, to show the car itself.

-
Back