The road through your windshield

-
20210718_161544.jpg

From several years ago. The view out the windshield now is the inside of the garage door, as it sits, waiting for me to get her back into a functioning state.

63474259-2661-4392-AF91-887E385ADD3F.jpeg

yes that is a dirt road.
Some of my favorite roads to drive on.
IMG_1209-r.jpg

upload_2021-7-19_12-1-11.png

I think I've posted at least some of these before. Not many places/times I can safely take a photo through the windshield.
upload_2021-7-19_12-7-3.png

Not quite through the front windscreen here..
upload_2021-7-19_12-2-57.png

upload_2021-7-19_12-4-23.png

All those are North Jersey side of the Delaware River.

Dirt/gravel roads are the best in a muscle car!!
Chryslers definately rule on rough surfaces. That said, those potholes were pretty rough and I scouted that big one on foot before going through it. That road may have been paved at one time - maybe mid 20th century.

This switchbacked road was still paved and open for driving (at your own risk) well into the 1980s 'cause I used it at least a couple times.
I took this photo in 2016. Road closed to vehicles, except in theory for wildfire or rescue - but even then - kindof hairy
upload_2021-7-19_12-51-2.png

Chryslers definately rule on rough surfaces. That said, those potholes were pretty rough and I scouted that big one on foot before going through it. That road may have been paved at one time - maybe mid 20th century.

This switchbacked road was still paved and open for driving (at your own risk) well into the 1980s 'cause I used it at least a couple times.
I took this photo in 2016. Road closed to vehicles, except in theory for wildfire or rescue - but even then - kindof hairy
View attachment 1715768069
Yikes!! By dirt/gravel roads I meant roads you can run 25+ mph on. Lol

Heck I have traveled many county roads in SW Mo. worse than that!
Herein Tx they are called "farm to market" (maybe ) roads.

Friends of mine had a dairy farm up a road like that. They had to convert to raising beef after no dairy co-op would send trucks to pick up the milk.

A picture my son (13 at the time) took last summer through the rear window with a disposable camera.
IMG_20200804_184103.jpg

Most of us love the thrill of the hunt for cars/parts, the build, the whole thing.... but too many never realize the pure excitement of driving that old car down the road!!

Most of us love the thrill of the hunt for cars/parts, the build, the whole thing.... but too many never realize the pure excitement of driving that old car down the road!!
I recently sold a car that I could rarely drive so I could get a car that I could drive more frequently. It did put me back to doing another restoration but it should be quick.

My Barracuda has been on three different trips over 1000 miles from home.

Alan

I have had the "rare"and perfect cars that I built. Back when they were not worth the big $$$. I rarely drove them, because I knew I would need the $$ back out of them. Did not want to get a scratch or get it dirty or whatever to hurt the sale. If I would have just said, THIS is my car and it will not be sold, I would have drove and enjoyed it.
Now I will not put the kind of $$$$$$$ in one of those rare models. I have found I enjoy the "lesser" models!
If I enjoy driving my car, I care less if anyone else is impressed.

so drive em dont hide em.

thats always been my go-to. for my motorcycles and my car.
folks scoff.

(though i do lay it up for the winter because the salt on the roads will destroy it with the quickness)

-
Back