The smell of a Harbor Freight Store

-
LMAO Y'all are a bunch of nutty bastards. I never thought harbor freight stench was funny till now

Yep. I really try not to buy but.
So I'm standing in line in Horror Freight and the overhead music is playing some country song.....
Ameericaa, Ameericaa, Ameericaa, Ameericaa bla bla bla.
I turn around and ask the rest of the people in line if anyone else gets the irony.
Everything in the store is Chinese.

So good for the liver.
Pass the (old) Inhibisol.

[ame]https://youtu.be/ZABjqYgPuOI[/ame]

[ame]https://youtu.be/aHpA_5E-Z_A[/ame]

Several years ago I saw this documentary.....

[ame]http://firstrunfeatures.com/presskits/plasticplanet/plasticplanetpk.pdf[/ame]

The guy narrating traveled to the Chinese factory where the inflatable beach ball was made to see if he could find out what was in it to make it smell so bad. He was given a tour but told the production was top secret so he never found out.

The smell in Harbor Freight will make your nose hairs fall out. :violent1:

Bought a HF strap wrench set for the kitchen to undo stuck jar lids. Smell was so bad that they went to the garage, then they went to the tool shed. Unbearable.

They sell alot of replacement tires for wheel barrows, mowers, etc. That's mostly what that smell is. Fresh rubber is horrible.

LMAO Y'all are a bunch of nutty bastards. I never thought harbor freight stench was funny till now

Ya got a point Tim, every time I walk through the door now, I catch myself breathing in deep through my nose now, lmao.

They sell alot of replacement tires for wheel barrows, mowers, etc. That's mostly what that smell is. Fresh rubber is horrible.

Correction: Fresh cheap rubber is horrible. Tried any modern vacuum hose available at the local auto parts store recently? Expect dryrot and leaks within six months. Isn't most of the smell the mold release agent though? You can peel it right off the rubber...

I hoard used, ribbed Trico hose for vacuum applications - love it. Also a fan of Goodyear's Instagrip 300psi hose for other applications, even though it's a PITA to find it.

I'll admit to one thing: HF's 4-1/2" angle grinder cutoff wheels last longer than the U.S. made dollar variety at the local ACE Hardware - and are cheaper. That's all I'll give HF credit for.

-Kurt

Imported tires reek like the store. Ever catch a wiff of imported tires (off brand or even Kuhmos)

Sam's Clubs all stink, too. And they all seem to position the tire dept right up front at the entrance/exit.

I take this HBF stinky tool box over a OVER priced shitty Snap on any day!! And mine came complete w roller bearing drawers for under a grand.

IMG_1683_zpsfko44bvm.jpg

and yes the stainless steel one is from Sam's Club under $700 and it has roller bearings and is over 14 years old.
IMG_1682_zpsth1mgx1r.jpg

Think of it on the bright side; they laid waist to their country bringing us inexpensive tools and such. The cities that manufacture there are soot ridden and not a living tree or blade of grass exist and the people wear surgical mask everywhere they go. They really pay the price.

Recently returned from a trip to China. Cleared Customs at Chicago O'Hara. After being in China for a week the stink air at ORD actually smelled good. Now that is scary!

The thing is...for most of the tools you can buy at a store anymore, they're all made in china. Husky, Kobalt, Craftsman...all China.

For Harbor Freight, the Pittsburgh Pro stuff is as good if not better than the above brands. Of course it's made in Taiwan lol. Also, so are the Taiwan made "Earthquake" air tools.

Have also had great luck with the Chicago 4.5" angle grinder and my $14.99 cordless drill. Very difficult to buy any of these items not made in China anymore.

-
Back