The story on the Javelin race that broke my car

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
As some of you read on an earlier thread, I ran across a really nice Javelin the other night. I talked to the wife and complimented them on a beautiful car. She said that their baby really liked it. Sure enough, in the back seat was a baby in a car seat. I never expected a race and we pulled away normally, with me in first gear. At around 15 - 20 mph, he hit it and took off. I couldn't have that so I punched it and went hard sideways because I was in first gear. I way over revved and ratcheted into second, hooked a little better, fishtailed just a little the other way and then blew past the Javelin very easily. I developed an engine tick immediately after that sounds like a lifter rapping away. As it turns out, a few days earlier my daughter and I were cruising through town and there was a nice car with a scoop in the front and everyone was circling it like a swarm of bees. I knew all the employees, and they know my car. We were doing 25-30 mph and I downshifted and barked the tires. Apparently the owner of the car thought I was a smart *** and since he had a "really built" motor, he told them he was going to "track his *** down" and teach me a lesson and blow my doors off. I found out today that the car was the Javelin. That explains why he never said a word and just scowled at me while his wife and I talked. So much for his "really built" motor. I took him pretty easily, and I didn't hook up well at all. I guess a lesson was taught, but I don't think it was exactly the lesson he was hoping for. My buddy at O'Reilly's said the guy was really pissed the other day. I wonder how he feels now?

How fast can you go with a baby on board? If anything he's prolly pissed the one time he found you he had his kid and wife. I see a re match in the near future and by the sounds of things you better git her fixed before he posts about it on his forum.

So you raced someone that had a baby in the car. Sounds like your dad should have beat some "Man" into you when you were a kid.

You sure aren't one yet.

So you raced someone that had a baby in the car. Sounds like your dad should have beat some "Man" into you when you were a kid.

You sure aren't one yet.

What the f*** are you talking about? He had a baby on board and started the race, not me. He didn't take it easy and I won. If you would like to come see me in person, I'll be happy to beat some man into you, you idiot.

I can't say that I approve racing someone with a rugrat in the car. He's definitely an idiot, but hearing you talk about kicking it sideways and this n' that, next to a car with a kid in it makes you an idiot, too.

Take it to the track and get some timeslips to show everyone how badass you are.

Edit: He may have started it, but it wasn't a race until you raced him.

What the f*** are you talking about? He had a baby on board and started the race, not me. He didn't take it easy and I won. If you would like to come see me in person, I'll be happy to beat some man into you, you idiot.

Best. Response. EVER!Sounds like your cars a raunchy little b!+(#, any videos of her?

I'm not going to say I approve or disapprove of what took place when you engine developed a tick. However, I will say I am a member of another car forum that has a zero tolerance rule on street racing. You post it and you get a time out. We have all done it, I am guilty as charged and have the citation to prove it. But people have been injured and killed doin that kind of illegal activity and maybe we shouldn't glorify it. If nothing else change the wording to "at the tree" instead of at the stop light, and definatey leave out the baby!

Sorry about your car, hopefully it is an easy fix!

I will say I am a member of another car forum that has a zero tolerance rule on street racing. You post it and you get a time out.

a forum has that stupid rule? holy crap a forum that has dumber rules than moparts. never thought i would see the day.

Stupid or not it gets them off the hook for liability when some dumb@$$ kills someone and claims, " they do this all the time on www.whatever.com!"

"Street Racing
This will not be tolerated... ...If you find it necessary to hold a grudge match with someone to prove who's "manhood" is bigger, take it to the track and don't risk the life of others on the road.

If you make a post or thread like the one below, expect it to be closed. If you continue to post threads like the one below, expect to experience some consequences...

...Thanks"

lol.. sounds like a lame *** board to me.

i don't street race and agree, take it to the track. but it is a stupid *** rule for a forum. not one that i woudl ever join. god knows what other crap they censor.

street racing or as i call it ..."punching it" is all about common sense .....it depends where you are and the population around .....the time of day and so on.

i live on a farm and there are a lot of roads around that you can afford to "punch it" mainly bcoz there is no one around.

even i have been known to be a lead foot .....but with common sense

doing it while there is a baby in the car or other ppl is not using common sense and i wouldn'tblame the OP ....i blame the person with the baby in the car ....come on man ....there is a time and place and that was neither.

i am not a lead foot with someone else in the car and definately not with a baby.
the baby you see me with in my avatar is with me a lot now so none of that ....but summer is coming and the track will be open real soon anyways. lol. i drive a slant six car now and that helps me slow down......my other dart has the power to make it easy to be a lead foot.

but main point is ....USE COMMON SENSE PEOPLE.

I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't have that memory of your first hell ride with your dad, I will never forget mine. I was about 5 in 1973 and he had a 71 Demon 340 4 spd, that thing was bad, we would roll out to some of the less traveled country roads and he would punch it from a dig up to probably 70-80. I was a car freak from then on, him and I talked and laughed about that our entire lives.

"What the f*** are you talking about? He had a baby on board and started the race, not me. He didn't take it easy and I won. If you would like to come see me in person, I'll be happy to beat some man into you, you idiot."

Really? "He started it"? And, you still went along with it? Wow. Really GREAT judgment on your part. Next time you see a baby on board, see if you can exercise some common sense and make the choice not to race. It's called making the right choice. Being and idiot is being an idiot, and you're defending an idiotic decision, as well as bragging about it. Grow up. If you want to race someone, take it to the track. Glad you won the race. Super glad neither of you made any stupid mistakes while there was a baby in the midst. And, seriously, "he started it"? What, are you like 16 years old going on 5 years old? Kindergarten is behind you. Learn to act like a man. As a mother, I would NEVER want someone racing while there was a baby on board. Also, if you want to beat some sense into someone, direct it towards yourself. When you act the fool, you will be addressed as the fool.

Oh, the old "He jumped off the cliff so it's OK if I did too," defense. The other driver was just stupid.

You were worse.

A "MAN" would have the responsibility to wait for a better time and place. But sadly you proved yourself to be nothing more than a bratty little child.

Nice win there Nancy.

Maybe the next time you see someone spanking their kid, you can run up and punch the child to prove you can hit harder.

Great story there Mopar to ya.
I bet the Baby **** its diaper and was laughing from its bum up.

Holy **** come on guy's lighten up on the bashing, or your going to get some time out. LOL

Kenny

I would never street race anyone who was stupid enough to have a child in the car proves how dumb he really is. I have been guilty of playing on the streets also even with the greatest care something can go wrong.
Last year had a honda want to race had to just laugh as he took off. I watched as he took off gave himself a shot of nitrous . Must have been too much for him as he jumped the curb and wraped it around a pole. No one hurt probbally would have raced him but with my wife in car my first rule is never race with anyone but me in the car. Waited for police to come and police officer asked me if I was racing him told him no he said good as he felt I was a little old and should know better.

You better hope like hell he aint got a hot 390 in that car. Wait.......I aint ever seen a cold one.

"What the f*** are you talking about? He had a baby on board and started the race, not me. He didn't take it easy and I won. If you would like to come see me in person, I'll be happy to beat some man into you, you idiot."

Years ago, I was a news reporter in Delaware. I'll never forget an incident in a small town there.

A middle aged blue collar worker with a nicely restored classic car was minding his own business at a light when a smoked up teen in a primered rice rocket with no exhaust rolled up and began to provoke him. It was late at night, the road was deserted, so I guess the guy figured "WTF"?

As they "opened it up" on the main street, a family of 4 in a minivan pulled out down the road in front of them. The older, more experienced driver (with a much safer muscle car) easily maintained control and missed the oncoming disaster. The teenager, however slammed into the minivan, killing all of it's occupants.

I covered the resulting trials. BOTH drivers were charged with vehicular homicide and as I recall BOTH got 20-30 years in jail.

what the hell do you think this hobby is built on? STREET RACING! If it wasn't for the street wars the factories would have never had the horse power wars and we would all be driving around in bubble wrapped Toyota Prius's. Just let it go. Why do we build these cars? Because they are fast and dangerous. That is the whole appeal. So what he raced a guy with a kid in the car. The guy was going to run his car out anyways. Lets all just tuck our tails and conform with the rest of society. I say screw it and light em up.

-
Back