The story on the Javelin race that broke my car

-
Some people need to lighten up, geez.........I have met the OP and he is a great guy, we all have done things we shouldn't have so lets cut him some slack. I bet some of the comments here will make him think twice next time before doing something like this again when little ones are around.
:thumleft:

I was gonna guess a bent pushrod.
Could be :thumleft:

Personally I think we should have 3 or 4 more threads on this. There's already two, and I didn't bother to read the first one.
I must have missed them :glasses3:

I am pulling the valve covers tonight, probably the intake if I have time. We are getting 6-9 inches of freaking snow today anyway. I'll post what I find later.
Keep us up dated :glasses7:

is it possible that the tick ia coming back through the carb? maybe lift the air cleaner and see if it gets louder?

i had one that had valve train issues and a "POP" was coming through the carb but sounded like a tick with the air cleaner on and holding some of the sound in.
Dang Raini, good call :thumleft:

We all know we should not race with a baby in the car.........it is unnecessary weight! :eek:ops:
Seriously though, too bad about the lifter / rod / header gasket or whatever the tick is. Hope the fix is as easy as a minor adjustment.
:thumleft:

Totally a horrible tragedy that could have been avoided if just ONE person would have made the "right" choice. :) Very sad for all. :sad7:

True ,,,, Very true :smile:

My parents let me drink out of a garden hose...

Mine did to and I was happy to get a drink when I needed it ........... :happy8:

Putting a baby on a commercial air plane and it's potential for crashing into a populated area is equally as irresponsible as drag racing on a late night street with a baby in the car.

The difference is what people will accept as tolerable risk based on socially accepted "necessity" and what someone can legislate against to further their political career while simultaneously bolstering their facade of a humane and socially conscious politician.

And this is why I stay away from this forum more and more. To all who took the story as what it was - a good story about a race - thanks, and enjoy. To all you other opinionated jerks that feel that you are holier than God and can't wait to tell everyone - KMA. I didn't ask for your opinion and I don't want it. This is just one more example of why I am leaving this forum. Too few good people and too many idiots.

I have no opinion on the situation. I could care less but I just wanted to point out something. You say your gonna leave this forum. You made mention of this before in another thread, but I look at your activity and your even more active than I am.

I say, "**** or get off the pot!"

I would never race someone with a kid in the car let alone a baby.

Me ether, but did he see the child in the car when he was taunted to race.. I don't know :eek:ops:

too much politicaly correct BULLSHIT. I grew up in the 70s, a time when you could fart, smoke, drink and curse in public. look at where we are now, pathetic!

too much politicaly correct BULLSHIT. I grew up in the 70s, a time when you could fart, smoke, drink and curse in public. look at where we are now, pathetic!

I hear ya, I was born in the fifties and the seventies was good to me :D

bleh, i can't stand this longing for the past crap. The age of information(current) is leaps and bounds ahead of the past. Sure a segment of people get all wrapped up in self-importantism when you do those things in public, but its not remotely close to everyone.

As to the OP's racing, while i personally won't street race and suggest everyone go to a track. I look at the fact that the parent was willing to race with their kid in the car. To me that shows an obvious lack of care which leads to me to believe he's a crappy parents who, in best case scenario, will be raising a McD's manager....if not an inmate.

You probably wasn't born or old enough to
remember or enjoy what once was.

You probably wasn't born or old enough to
remember or enjoy what once was.

No, but i'm smart enough to recognize that the past was far from great. As time has progessed we've become a freer society and that is always better. Compared to the repressed times past.

I mean look at the 70s, people had to swing to the polar opposite of the norm with all the hippy BS because the "norm" was so damn repressed.

So its not as applicable to the socially conservative. Thats great because social consveratism is not freedom.

I can't believe this thread, seriously guys? It's a good story about a race that's over and done. I'm sure the OP learned a lesson as soon as he heard the "tick". Lets all put our big boy pants on.

:happy1: Wow! This is better then those reality shows.

It's done and over with why beat a dead horse. :eek:ops: Now I'm going to get P.E.T.A involved.
By the was what was ticking.

The only thing that would have been different in my younger years. Would have been. My three kids would have been in the back without seat belts making faces at his kid as I go bye . I might have even traded some paint to make the kids feel proud of their Dad.

No, but i'm smart enough to recognize that the past was far from great. As time has progessed we've become a freer society and that is always better. Compared to the repressed times past.

I mean look at the 70s, people had to swing to the polar opposite of the norm with all the hippy BS because the "norm" was so damn repressed.

So its not as applicable to the socially conservative. Thats great because social consveratism is not freedom.

I have nothing more to say to you except please go read
history and find out what really happened and why.
You have obviously listened to your masters and decided you
are already aware of the truth as it was presented to you in
school and college...... and you need look no further........

My generation and the ones before have added nothing
to your wellbeing...... grasshopper

I am happy your generation is so free and safe.

So why is your motor ticking Mopar to ya?

Man, this thread is great ! Guess i wont talk about all the times i burned rubber with my kids in the back seat .... or how i used to ride on my dads motorcycle with his belt wrapped around me .... hey, i spank my kids ... quick call the cops .... good luck with the tick !

Nevermind, I was going to rant about some of the comments about the repressive past. I was on a roll brothers and sisters! Thank God the light bulb finally kicked on to bright. LOL So yeah, what caused the tick man!!! We need to know. Also give him (OP) a break, he's not the one who had the kid in the backseat.

The only thing that would have been different in my younger years. Would have been. My three kids would have been in the back without seat belts making faces at his kid as I go bye . I might have even traded some paint to make the kids feel proud of their Dad.

I was probably the kid in the other car making faces back at your kids.lol

Sorry. Work, snow and my Wife's birthday have conspired to keep me away from my car. Hopefully this weekend I can get to it.

-
Back