The Sunshine State Mopar Show and Swapmeet

Mopar Events and Classic Car Shows

1. RPM440+6

RPM440+6 FABO Vendor FABO Vendor

Local Time:
    12:42 PM
    For those who attended both events, can anyone report on how the two events compared as for as the number of vendors, show cars and spectators. The only report that I heard from a vendor attending the FMA show was that vendor count was down by more than 50% as well as the spectator count from last year.

If that is the case, then it will be very difficult to overcome those type of numbers. Even with Covid, the Canada border lock down and less discretionary income for some; people will seek out alternative shows closer to home.

Operating two events of the same marquee within a week of each other is just a death sentence for one and possibly both events in my opinion. Due to the cost of traveling, being away from home or the office and all of the other cost of attending an event, whether it be as a spectator, exhibitor of a car or a vendor, the people having to travel any distance will decide to stay at home. Hopefully those in power to make the decisions will take a hard look at the obstacles and come to the conclusion that the current direction is not a good thing for either venue.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • barbee6043

barbee6043 barbee 6043 FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      11:42 AM
      There have been some great Mopar shows that bit the dust over the years, Topeka, Ks, East St. Louis, et. this could be next. I did make Garlit's show from Mo. way back in the 90s, great show, people, loved the museum. Egos and personalities can get in the way of lots of things in life.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • moparmandan

moparmandan FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
        Well since I brought up Carlisle, I guess I'm the "silly" one. Why is it out of the question to think we could have something equal or even better? Yes, Carlisle sets a high bar but Florida should be an easy draw.

• Agree Agree x 1
        • moparmandan

Local Time:
          Been the last three years to FMA. Steady decline. 50% is a good guess.

• moparmandan

Local Time:
          I'll be there!

• Charrlie_S

Charrlie_S Well-Known Member

Local Time:
          I went to both shows on Sat. I did not spend much time at the Garlits show, due to a medical issue, so can't give a good assessment. From what I did see, I think Garlits had slightly more vendors. Both shows were a waste (in my opinion) for what they could or should be. Not much better then a 3rd rate show/swap meet. My self I wouldn't waste the time or money traveling to either. That said, Since they are local I will support them both, as a spectator, but I can't afford to enter a car in both (maybe do one). Ever since I heard of the shows splitting, I thought it was a bad idea, and contacted both Garlits, and FMA, and told them my feelings. I do not know what caused the problem, nor do I care, but it needs to be resolved. If everyone that was disappointed, contacted the FMA, and Garlits, to voice their opinion, it might help them to resolve their problem.

• Agree Agree x 2
          • 1969383S

1969383S FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
            Not sure how that will happen, it would really be nice though! To much history for Carlisle.

• Like Like x 1
            1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
              By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.