The Tangerine Machine; '75 Dart Sport

-
I saw you cruising around the other day but couldn't remember where I knew your car from. Haven't been on this site much anymore but car looks bitchin. Should have mine back on the road by next month. Been to damn hot to drive them around anyways lately.

I saw you cruising around the other day but couldn't remember where I knew your car from. Haven't been on this site much anymore but car looks bitchin. Should have mine back on the road by next month. Been to damn hot to drive them around anyways lately.

I drive mine whenever I can, (main form of transportation) When did you see me ?

Bought a 10.95" Stage 1 Front Disc Brake Kit with drilled rotors for my own christmas present.

It never ceases to amaze me how these Dusters/Darts can so quickly be transformed from mild to wild. If more of these cars had come off the production line looking like yours, Chrysler might not have had to settle for being number three. That powder blue granny-mobile that you started with is a whole 'nother animal now. Great job!!

bought a 10.95" stage 1 front disc brake kit with drilled rotors for my own christmas present.

View attachment IMG_5046.jpg

Got the kit from Dr. Diff and man are these nice. Quality, looks, etc. Cant wait to install them.

Also, I'm probably looking into another a body to buy to drive around as a daily as I worry sometimes about driving my car in rain due to other drivers mistakes or whatever.

So theres a '74 Duster on craigslist. 318 . I asked the guy some questions and he didn't know himself.

So a '74 318, auto transmission car, what type of transmission and rear end would that have ?

And as far as the brakes go, anyone know what kind of brakes ?

How about the bolt pattern ?

I'm probably checking it out early next week so it'd be nice to have an idea of what I should expect when I go.

It also has a fold down back seat and HAD a vinyl roof. Without the VIN any ideas of any package it could've been ?

The front is a little messed up was in an accident but haven't asked him what he hit.
LUCKILY I'm looking for a type of car like I said I can drive around without having to worry too much about it.

View attachment IMG_5016.jpg
View attachment IMG_5017.jpg
View attachment IMG_5018.jpg

He says it runs and drives fine and reg is good.
Excited to go look at it. Any help would be appreciated and I'll update you guys when I see it.

Well, my first time doing this. Dr. Diff didn't send any instructions so it was a lil bit of a challenge for me BUT after a few hours I got it all done in a small time frame and boy do they look good. Took the TM for a ride and man it's a lot better. No more pulling toward the right when braking just smooth. Also no more scraping ! I had adapters in the front to fit the big bolt pattern wheels on and they scraped really badly. These brakes brought them both in about an inch and scrape is gone ! Happy with the conversion. Here's some pictures.

View attachment IMG_5064.jpg

View attachment IMG_5066.jpg

View attachment IMG_5065.jpg

View attachment IMG_5067.jpg

Of course I had to do the cal's hemi orange ! c'mon .

Woooooeee . I'm in love. There's anothing thing crossed off the list !

Looks good man! Getting on mine this morning to get some shat done! Where bouts in Fairfield do you live again?

Nice progress!!!
Being a huge Led Zep fan your thread title made me think of this great song :glasses7:

[ame]http://youtu.be/4XdDq_E34Cc[/ame]

after all this time ive talked to you ive been so informed on what all you did and how you did some of it! excited to see more, and I'll get my car up on here soon enough!

after all this time ive talked to you ive been so informed on what all you did and how you did some of it! excited to see more, and I'll get my car up on here soon enough!

Welcome to FABO ! Glad you finally made an acct. I hope to see the Feather Duster "Rascal" on here

IMHO I don't think the car needs the wing. I think the Dart sport trim finishes it off nicely.

I think youre right. I don't think it needs the wing anymore. Opinions change so maybe in the future I'll want one but right now I think it looks fine.

Okay, so spent this whole last weekend workin on one of the other projects. This was bought as to be shared between pops and I.

It's been sitting with half body work done to it and back window being out and running like crap and a whole bunch of other things.

I decided to go to college, so I need a car I can drive to school without worrying too much about it (my '75).

Which is why I was gonna buy the '74 duster. Remembered the Lemans and got it out and worked all weekend on it . Body work, sanding, flat black paint (not rattle can I promise)

Cleaned the plugs, tweaked with the distributor for a while got it running good. And got a lot of the little things done.

View attachment IMG_5157.jpg

View attachment IMG_5161.jpg

View attachment IMG_5162.jpg

View attachment IMG_5178.jpg

I know, I know, not a mopar. But my second love is Pontiacs.

1968 Pontiac LeMans. 350 H.O motor auto.

Hey man, just went through your build. Great job! What you started with looks pretty similar to the car I just started with but your is nicer by a long shot.. My friend and I are swapping in the guts from my 72 Dart 318 four door at the moment, and switching to a 71 Dart front end.. I plan on keeping it powder blue though.

Attachments

• 10881371_577644409034702_1501276671_n.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 336
  • 10872560_577644802367996_1597728658_n.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 336
Hey man, just went through your build. Great job! What you started with looks pretty similar to the car I just started with but your is nicer by a long shot.. My friend and I are swapping in the guts from my 72 Dart 318 four door at the moment, and switching to a 71 Dart front end.. I plan on keeping it powder blue though.

Damn, seeing that brought me back for a second. Almost thought that it was my car at first.

Good luck on the build !

Awesome job, car looks incredible! Nice to see the next generation of Mopar fans at work.

Hey guys. Hoping for a fairly quick response here but I know everybody is probably busy with their 4th of July festivities . (happy 4th by the way) . I'm looking into buying a Megashifter but I'd like to know the measurements of the base before I buy one. If anyone could supply the base measurements asap that'd be awesome .

Alright everybody, I've come to you for help once again.

The time has come where I've gotten restless and would like to do more changing to my car .
In my mind I think it SHOULD be a relatively easy swap, but I wanted to come here just to double check and hopefully get someone who's done the swap before .

I would like to convert my 1975 Dart Sport clip to a Demon front clip. Fenders, hood, grille, valence. I wanted to know what problems I might run into while doing this conversion, if any.

Any help would be appreciated .

Great build! I love seeing these MOPARS come back to life! I just started a build myself and I can only hope that mine turns out half the car yours is!

-
Back