The tear-down of Jake's 65 begins....

-
Don't start those rumors Winston.... If he does dump it in the future, it'll be mine. Lol

67 - he has heard me cry about selling my 71 Cuda 28 years ago - he knows......

And if he does, I'll just reverse the color scheme to purple and black and give it to my little girl in 13 years.

Nice job guys you should be really proud of your work. It's nice you did something different than the norm. My hat is off to you. Did you do all the bodywork or just the hood I can't remember?

We did it it all - full 1/4's, rear valance and all....except for the final blocking it out prior to paint. Began piecing some of the trim on this afternoon a little. Hope to have it all trimmed out and ready for the road Thanksgiving week. Still needs an exhaust system and front end alignment.

a piece of trim here, a piece of trim there - but just HAD to show y'all this:

Attachments

• IMG-20131025-00004.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 517
  • IMG-20131025-00005.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 504
Need to get it back out in the sunlight for a better angle on the dangle, but here is a teaser fo the assembled hood..... and of Jake assembling the grill halves in the background.....

Attachments

• new hood 3.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 445
  • new hood.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 432
Grill is in. Flash on my bbrry was a little overpowering, but you get the idea...

Attachments

• IMG-20131105-00018.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 403
That is one cool first car!! Jake will be proud to strut that one into the high school lot!!:burnout::burnout::burnout:

Jake finished the dash a few weeks ago... Should have entered in the "callin Rani out" dash game that I've been following....Need tofinish wiring the stereo..

Hi, great looking car. What did you guys use to clean up dash to look so good. The one in my car is yellow looking. Thanks Rick

Hi, great looking car. What did you guys use to clean up dash to look so good. The one in my car is yellow looking. Thanks Rick

After washing thouroughly with dish detergent to get ay old Armor All off of it, rattle canned it with Rustoleum's "metallic" silver......

Nice ride Jake. I remember me and my son doing his 64 Val. Great project, I've been following it since the beginning. All of the chicks are going to want a ride in it. The first time you take it to school your going to be the big man on campus. Get ready for it.

soooooooooooooo finished pics???????????? we are all waiting????????????? Nice Car Jake!!!!!!!!--Steve

-
Back