The "what if plymouth made a scamp like this" restoration

-
ok, so i forgot about this thread, so i will fill in. the roller is at the body shop, but in the meantime, i have been restoring all of my parts to go on the car. cheap and easy stuff

Attachments

• rally dash 001.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 267
  • 001.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 265
  • 007.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 247
  • 005.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 253
  • 003.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 245
  • rally dash 005.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 248
  • rally dash 002.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 258
so, now it was time to move onto the dashframe itself. mine was in good shape, but rotted completly apart on driver side up near the windshield gasket

Attachments

• dash 006.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 239
si i bought one from member. well, it got here, and i just took it out of the box, it looked like it was ran over by a truck. so i tried to mount it in the 340 dart i have, and it was a no go. the metal was too kinked and flexed to even come close. and i do not want to put the rallye dash in a frame that my crack it due to being tweaked so serverly.

so i decided to cut up a perfect non rallye dash. i did not want to use just the lip, as then alot of tedious bodywork would have to be done to make it look right.

so i decided to make all the cuts go under where the dashpad itself goes. the only line that has to be welded right, without doing any bodywork is where it goes from the driver side vent, to the the front of car at the winsheild gasket.(is only like an inch long)

so here is it cut out, and then scribed the new piece. cut is, and then tacked it in place. kids are hungry, so i must stop.....for nao. tune in at 10:00 pm for all welding to be done.lol

Attachments

• dash 009.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 247
  • dash 010.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 255
  • dash 007.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 256
  • dash 008.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 257
DANG!!!!! those gauges came out REALLY sharp looking:cheers:

way to go buddy, keep up the great work!

ok, so i got the upper part of the dash completed. then it was time to move to the bottom, where there was at least 20 holes drilled into the bottome of the dash. what a pain to fill them all in.

too cold to do anymore tonight, so in the morning, i will finish and paint it. i will be using
single stage dupont. i want it to be a high gloss.

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 301
  • 012.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 295
  • 013.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 306
Love Scamps,Out of all my cars, I wish I had that one back the most.

yea, this car was just like your underneath.lol like it got stuck on the assmbly line with the undercoating just sprayin away . lmao

ok, so now i am completly done restoring the entire dash. i am overall very happy with it, as to get any better, it would probably cost over 900.00 to get the work i just did to it done somewhere else, if not more. i used limco III single stage on the frame itself.

hows it look?

then i decided to start media blasting more parts. here is the wiper motor before, and after. now just got to tape up and prime

Attachments

• rally dash complete 007.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 259
  • rally dash complete 006.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 270
  • rally dash complete 005.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 268
  • rally dash complete 004.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 271
  • rally dash complete 008.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 262
That dash looks F'ing AMAZING!!!!!

you did a really good job on it!

If the rest of the car comes out as nice as the work you have been doing so far, you are bound to have yourself one heck of a ride when its all said and done.

I am going to keep on keeping tabs on this thread because I am digging all the cool picture updates.

KEEP EM COMING

Man OH Man That is killer looking, grandslam on the dash BEAUTIFUL!!!

I'm glad I live on the west coast, and don't have to deal with cars like that.It sounds like you enjoy the challenge of the rust. have fun.

-
Back