The "what if plymouth made a scamp like this" restoration

-
Good luck with the build! I dont know whether you can do it within your budget.I gues it depends on what you already have laying around,but $5500 can get eaten up by a machine shop real quick. Im guessing this is a shadetree type build. but no insult meant. I've done one or two of those myself!

Good luck with the build! I dont know whether you can do it within your budget.I gues it depends on what you already have laying around,but $5500 can get eaten up by a machine shop real quick. Im guessing this is a shadetree type build. but no insult meant. I've done one or two of those myself!

no offence taken, but what would be shade tree? if everything on the car is done right, then it cant be shadetree. there will be no riggin of anything on the car, and as i said, it will be a car that is meant to drive, and even enter local car shows.

i am not replacing every single piece on the car, cause if i did, then i would be nuts to think i could do it for 5,500.00

but i intend on using everything that i can.

it is not just trying to show that i can buils a sweet ride for 5,500.00, but to show that with the right skills, and time, a car can be built with 5,500.00, with about 9,000 in the valuable items. some of the stuff i do already have.

this thread is to show that anyone on this site can buy a few of these cars, make some money on them, and still keep the exspensive items to build there own.

my budget is not 5,500.00 i will spend what i have to. my GOAL is to do it for around 5,00.00 and i will try my darnest to stick to the budget

Go for it. Keep us posted.

Best of luck. I hope to learn a few things while watching. I too would like to make quite a hefty machine on a low budget. So, my friend, lead the way so the rest of us may follow in your footsteps.

it is not about proving a piont, but rather let the fabo community see that it is not always bad to part out a car, and that it can be done, on a budget, and in a decent amount of time. i could not do a project over the course of 3-5 years like some of you guys. i applaud you fine fellas', to be able to stick with it that long. i am just not that type of person.

A /6 A Body with a 4 speed would be an excellent daily driver. My Dad's 78 Valiant got terrific mileage even by today's standards and went though snow like it was on rails.

Nice car there! -LY

A /6 A Body with a 4 speed would be an excellent daily driver. My Dad's 78 Valiant got terrific mileage even by today's standards and went though snow like it was on rails.

Nice car there! -LY

well, lol. it will not have a /6, as i am leaving tommorow afternoon to pick up the entire paower plant. (340-4-speed).

plus, if i cannot sell the perfect 69 340 i have apart that just needs to be put back together, maybe when this one is done, i will throw that 340 in a camaro.lol., lmao. nah, just kidding guys:bootysha::bootysha:

ok, so today i had to go pay the rest of my bills off, and after selling the car just a few days ago, i now have 6200 left. kinda feel drained after all the work i did to it, but i know all my bills are up to date for the winter.

so, i worked on the car 4 hrs. today, and got the front windsheild out, the back one out, all the trim off the car, and pulled the entire interior minus the colum and dash. that will hopefully be tommorow. i broke the passenger side quarter glaas by taking the felt window swipe out, and slipped and caught the glass. so now i will have to pull one from the dart.lol i know,i know, i should sell the dart while it is still a full shell

now, to the onlt spot on the car that will take alot of time to replace metal is the passenger side sail panel. so i know i got my work cut out for me in that area.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 461
  • 002.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 462
  • 003.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 447
  • 004.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 448
  • 005.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 444
ok, so i got bored tonight waiting for wife to get home from work, so i decided to try to take the dash out.

MAN, I DID NOT KNOW IT WAS THAT EASY TO GET THE COMPLETE DASH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, so it took me 45 minutes to get the column and whole dash out. pretty straight forward.
now i am sure it will be much easier to put the 4-speed hump, and pedals in the car

Attachments

• dartday2.5 004.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 433
  • dartday2.5 001.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 453
anyone need a perfect condition non-rally dash???????????????lol... just needs a cleaning

Attachments

• dartday2.5 002.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 438
  • dartday2.5 003.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 446
i always thought it would be fun to take a 67-69 dart convertable and put 70-72 quartrs and front clip on it. basically make a 72 scamp convert. i think that would be pretty cool.

i always thought it would be fun to take a 67-69 dart convertable and put 70-72 quartrs and front clip on it. basically make a 72 scamp convert. i think that would be pretty cool.

I've always liked the 70 front end but hate the rear. It would have been cool if 1970 would have the 70 front and 69 rear. Maybe some day I'll do it call it a 69 1/2 dart.

Cool idea for a build. This is kinda how I am building my cars. Horse trading and the like. I got a guy down the street that is interested in any stockish parts I take off my cars for his stuff, and he has some performance and/or aftermarket type stuff that he doesn't use, so...he has free reign over whatever I won't be using.

If you still have the Dart next spring, I might be interested in it. I have a 340 in my Duster that is being displaced by a stroker 400 eventually. I am hoping to find a A-Cuda, or would love to drop it in that 340 Dart you have. Depending on where you are...maybe we can come to some sort of arrangement :D
( Yup, my GF will DEFINATELY kill me for that one :toothy10: )

j

Looks like the drivers sailm panel is pretty soft too. Maybe not to the extent of the drivers side.

100.oo for the dash, with out the pad. ( i need idt for a cap.lol) plust the ride. there is no rust or dents in it

I say go for it if it is what you want to do!

just be sure to post pictures all the time to your thread or noone will bother commenting lol.....I have had my thread up for almost a year and if I don't post pictures or update the thread it gets lost in fabo land lol.

I think you cuold build the car on that budget if you do it all yourself.

I have build my duster on a little over half of your budget....and I am talking full engine build,trans,drive train,all new interior,tons of odds and ends and I got all my paint....I just have to finish the body work and paint it.

I do all the work myself and I hunt for deals, I buy stuff when I find it cheap here on fabo or ebay or wherever and I have been able to stretch the "budget"....kind of hard to have a budget when you don't have money lol...my builds a day to day type of thing.

I seen another member ( I think it was a dart ) molded in road runner tail lights and it looked FREAKING AWESOME.......something like that would really make the car stand out tied together with all the other things you are doing.

good luck on the build man

well, i just got back from michigan, with my 3rd child..................................
she weighs in at over 600 pounds..........lol.

man, what a beauty.lol lmao

i got the engine , trans, and everything to make it a drop in and run minus the hump rubber boot ans chrome cover.

after inspecting it some more, it has m.p roller rockers, arp throughout. nice added security.
also got a set of crager s/s rims in new condition, leaf springs, air shocks, powdercoated front drums with all new parts, oh, and a eldebrock dual quad tunnel ram intake that shines like chrome. i will not be able to use it, as i love the dual hood scoops, and it won't fit under the hood. also, i hate the crager looks, so i may try some wheelin, and dealin to get something differt, like street stars.lol

the engine is a 7/29/70. and it says 340-1, with a x on the front of the block. i do not know if that means anything.lol

here are some pics

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 462
  • 004.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 469
  • 003.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 458
  • 002.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 480
  • 001.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 473
here is some more of the goodies

and the grand total for all this was 2350.00.......................wow, what a deal , i think

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 465
  • 007.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 455
  • 008.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 457
  • 009.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 460
nice score!!!!

where in michigan were you at?

wish I would have known! we could have meant up and I could have took you over to my neighbors, he has a few mopars and others that I am sure you would like or atleast like what they could be got for.

Im in the jackson area in lower MI

i was in bad axe mi, about 100 miles north of detroit.

speaking of detroit, i got off of -75 s to get gas, before i knew it, i was lost in the huge parking lots and roads of the FORD buildings. OF ALL PLACES, RIGHT? LIKE MY DAY COULDN' GET WORSE AFTER ALMOST GETTING KIEED BY SOME STUPID DRIVER.

-
Back