The wife's lil' ole 65 Dart

-
Yeah the wife say's she wants to drive the car regularly. So I figured why not try an make it a modern feel along with the reliability of fuel injection.

I just found this thread.... Great job with the car... it is always nice to see it a car you sell get done...

I will keep watching it..

Good Luck installing the 5.2. I'll keep checking the thread, I can get some ideas. Good luck and keep up with the great work!

Boosted... Glad you found the thread. Enjoy the pics.:cheers:

Not as much progress as we would have liked since the last post, but there is some. I got the k-member mostly welded, well a good friend of mine welded it. He's a much better welder then me. My wife started working on the bottom of the hood so we can paint it.

The upper plate cut and ready to be welded in.
104_5769.jpg

and here it is welded in. I think I might add pieces to the sides for a better look. It's plenty strong enough as is though.
104_5781.jpg

104_5782.jpg

A half *** template for the skid plate I am making.
104_5784.jpg

104_5785.jpg

Now onto the hood. The wife has been working hard on this.
Sandblasted.
104_5775.jpg

The rust holes at the rear braised up with brass.
104_5779.jpg

104_5777.jpg

And the dodge script to be shaved.
104_5770.jpg

All welded up...
104_5771.jpg

and now no see holes.
104_5773.jpg

The hood has sense been primered just no pics of it.

Does that baby know how to weld? Looks like he's slacking off there in the bouncy seat.

Hey guy's thanks much for the compliments. I'm glad all of ya'll are enjoying the thread.

The wife and I have gotten some work done in the past few day's , I just havn't been getting all the pics taken as we have progressed. But there are a few. In no particular order here they are.

Here is the motor sitting in the bay. It's not bolted in in any way. I just set it to figure out the position that I want to place it. Being that I put a rack-n-pinion in the car I gained loads of room on the drivers side if I want to tackle all of the work involved with somewhat centering the motor.
104_5807.jpg

104_5809.jpg

104_5808.jpg

104_5806.jpg

The wife decided that she wants to do the interior so shes covering the panels with this material. It's not everybodies cup of tea, but hey she likes it.
104_5800.jpg

104_5804.jpg

Once I pull the motor back out I will take pics of the k-member. I is really clean looking with the idler arm bracket and the steering box bracket removed.

Thanks guy's! We haven't got that much done do to the kids after school activities. Some has been done though. I will be posting more pics this week.

Ahhh finally another update. We had no motor mounts and it has proven hard to find around here. So instead of finding and waiting on some I decided to make my own. I used the /6 pads that was with the car. I would say that they came out pretty good. The wife also got the underside of the hood ready for paint. It's all sanded and awaiting now.

104_5820.jpg

Template for the right side mount. If anybody notices.... Yeah I got the pads on the wrong side of the car. Oh well!
104_5816.jpg

Mount made
104_5834.jpg

104_5833.jpg

Now onto the left side.
104_5835.jpg

104_5836.jpg

104_5838.jpg

104_5839.jpg

104_5840.jpg

and just a cool pic for the heck of it.:snakeman:
104_5814.jpg

104_5813.jpg

next up is the tranny mount. Gotta fab that as well.

Ya got to love it when a plan comes together.
You are a lucky man to have wife that will get in to the trenches with you.

Yeah it makes for a great relationship. It gives us good quality time with each other in our busy lives.:-D

Wow, this is a great project, your ideas of grafting, using and fabing what you have are inspirational.........now I have to find cash and time to work on my girls 64 Valiant...........

I step away from this thread just for a few days it seems :clock:and look at all the great fab work and completed work that yall have got dun to your Wife's Dart :cheers:
You and your wife have this dart moving right along Mr2.4 and looking good.:-D

Thanks guy's. It has been a fun project so far. More so then my 67 dart, and that's saying something.:toothy10: Anyhow i'm glad everyone is liking the thread to this point.

Hey here is a quick pic I have been meaning to put up. I was changing the brakes on the wife's SRT-4 the other day and decided to see what the wheels would look like on her Dart. Sorry for the crappy pic but a cell phone camera was all we had on hand at the time.

securedownload.jpg

I agree with everyone else in this thread! Great work, and even more kudos on working with your wife! I'm envious. Keep up the great work!

-
Back