TheJohnnyGuy's 71 Scamp Apartment Resto.

-
But I think the rear end goes under not on top.lol
Hahah, Thanks... Eventually it found its way under there!

Latest update is: not a whole lot... too much school and work, lol.

Getting driveshaft shortened to fit with the new rear. Then I'll be able to bleed brakes, and roll her out of the garage to start working on fine tuning. 3 panels left to do body-wise. 1 Month left til my deadline... time to start panicking! lol

Attachments

• scamp.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 263
:tongue9: UPDATES!!! finished installing the driveshaft and new pinion yoke. pushed her out of the garage and fired her up! needs a little tuning but otherwise runs good!
Suprised a neighbor of mine who I had never met before... He's a chevy guy... he asked what it was that I was restoring (Never heard of a Scamp before). Then when I fired it up he said "Wow that thing's not stock... is it legal?! It sounds great!" (Maybe I can convert him :p)

Attachments

• blah1.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 206
  • blah2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 214
All I know of the engine for now is that it's a 318 that runs with a decent cam in it and no telling what other internals unless I take it apart. Which I don't plan on doing yet. I plan to drive it as is while I build a 360 that will take it's place in the future. I'll see if I can make a video tomorrow and post it on here... :D

Good looking car man. Besides being dangerous, that exhause is going to reverb through the interior. Trust me, hard to drive around when all you can hear is the drone of the exhaust......lols, but to each their own. :)

Good looking car man. Besides being dangerous, that exhause is going to reverb through the interior. Trust me, hard to drive around when all you can hear is the drone of the exhaust......lols, but to each their own. :)

No worries bout that, I plan on going to pull-a-part and cutting 2 tailpipes to run the exhaust out the rear. Just haven't gotten to it yet. Shouldn't be too hard to find in there.
Right now i'm working on fixing an engine issue in the "318 Troubleshoot" thread :p

OK, I had some help today with setting the timing and MAN does it run better! I took it out for a quick circle around the parking lot and accidentally left a little bit of rubber behind... wooops... hee hee... Sooo happy to finally be able to (hopefully) drive my Scamp soon!!! I've owned this car and had it sitting for years (it was my first car and I have yet to drive it on the road). Now I just have to replace the leaking brake booster, make the front wheels not so pidgeon-toed, and take care of the legal stuff!!! \\:D/ \\:D/ \\:D/

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcyL0vGBA1E"]YouTube - Video 23.MP4[/ame]

Here's the video I promised!

UPDATES: Installed rear window! Still have to get tailpipes out the rear though, I was thinking of getting some that fit from pull-a-part since it's really inexpensive to do it that way. Also update on the engine discoveries: I found out by running the numbers on the block that it is a 318 block, I also found that it has a 340 intake and 340 X-Heads. which leads me to believe that there is definitely some machine work done and possible a nice stroker crank... It's got balls, that's for sure. Even with the 2.93 gear which I will probably replace.

-
Back