They walk among us!

-
Half of the people with a three-digit IQ are imbeciles bent on impressing You with how many meaningless factoids they can retain without doing anything useful with them.

Makes me glad I'm inn the half with a two digit I.Q.

I've calculated the number to be 85% of the population is either an asshole or an idiot.

There is a special place for the 15-20% of that number that are both.

Well, we could say that God killed everyone who has ever died since it was Gods will, right?:D
Or we could say that since God gave man free will it was his will that people be capable of killing.

Anyway, obviously Rudy's ride was referring to belief over religious differences.

You'd have to show me where it's Gods will that ANYONE die. Man was not created for death. Death is a consequence. Death by war, famine, disease, homocide, genocide, infanticide and whatever else you consider is still a consequence.

Blaming God for death is as idiotic as calling a hurricane an act of God.

If you earn your child not to drink and drive, and yet and still they do it and either get a DUI, or worse yet, kill someone is that YOUR will? Is that what you would have chosen? Of course not. Yet you place that same blame on God.

There is a consequence for every action. If you take out the consequence, and free will, then there is no choice.

You have free will, don't you? Do your children have free will, or do you control them?

Rapture and hell is not a threat. A fair warning to those that believe. As in the days of Noah, fair warning of a flood. To those that didn't believe, no need to enter the boat. It didn't change truth. The flood came, the door of the ark was shut, and those that were within were within, and those on the outside were outside.
  • Lie #1. Wars are over religion. Fact, more wars have been fought over land and borders than any belief. Many have used "religion" to sell the message to their country, but land and borders trumps this discussion

EXACTLY. Noah went through the flood. And the three Hebrew worthies went THROUGH the fiery furnace didn't they? What about Daniel? He went though all manner of trial, not the least of which was the lions den. He went THROUGH it. What about the Waldensians? The Albegensians? What about all the Protestant reformers? They went THROUGH, they were not raptured out of anything.

I could name Huss, Jerome, Luther, Melancthon and on and on and on. No one got a free ride. The rapture is a bald face lie. So is an eternal, burning hell.

You'd have to show me where it's Gods will that ANYONE die. Man was not created for death. Death is a consequence. Death by war, famine, disease, homocide, genocide, infanticide and whatever else you consider is still a consequence.

If you earn your child not to drink and drive, and yet and still they do it and either get a DUI, or worse yet, kill someone is that YOUR will? Is that what you would have chosen? Of course not. Yet you place that same blame on God.

There is a consequence for every action. If you take out the consequence, and free will, then there is no choice.

You have free will, don't you? Do your children have free will, or do you control them?

I don't even know what to say to that, because since God is the perfect being, all knowing and all powerful creator I guess he should have thought of all that and not allowed a thought in the human brain or act of nature that could allow a death to happen.
I guess it never occurred to say "Let there be light, but no death" or what?
This is one of the nonsensical arguments that religious people use that leaves me speechless.
Obviously I can't "show you how death is Gods will" any more than you could show me God.
But since everything is Gods will, then death must also be.
Or is it just the things we like or agree with that are Gods will, and everything else is the will of the dude down under that religion likes to threaten with?

God designed Man. Man ages and dies. So, by design it is the will of the creator that Everyone dies.

I don't even know what to say to that, because since God is the perfect being, all knowing and all powerful creator I guess he should have thought of all that and not allowed a thought in the human brain or act of nature that could allow a death to happen.
I guess it never occurred to say "Let there be light, but no death" or what?
This is one of the nonsensical arguments that religious people use that leaves me speechless.
Obviously I can't "show you how death is Gods will" any more than you could show me God.
But since everything is Gods will, then death must also be.
Or is it just the things we like or agree with that are Gods will, and everything else is the will of the dude down under that religion likes to threaten with?

I gave you the example. Do your kids do everything you say? You know, you KNOW from experience, that certain behaviors produce certain results. Obviously, God knew the possibility of sin. There was also the possibility that man would not sin. Adam still had a chance. Since Eve was more important to him, Adam made his choice. By one man, sin entered.

The problem is, man has to reconcile his feeble thoughts by justification of his own mindset. It's hard for me to understand how people, with incredible intelligence can not comprehend something as simple as creation. Think of how the human eye functions. Nowhere in nature has evolution produce anything like a functioning eye. In fact, evolution precludes a functioning eye, since if it didn't work of function it would not be needed and would therefore, be left out of the evolutionary cycle. You should consider the flagellar motor (I think that is the correct spelling). That one simple, yet complicated mechanism is proof positive of a creator.

Once you reconcile yourself to the fact that there is a creator, you have to reconcile yourself to the understanding that whether you like it or not, your creator has certain claims on you.

And therein lies the rub!!

God designed Man. Man ages and dies. So, by design it is the will of the creator that Everyone dies.

So, when Adam was created, he was created to die? You'd have to show me that in writing. Since you weren't there at creation, I'm pretty sure you don't know, for a fact that man was destined to get old and die. Disease, death and the like are the consequence of sin. Had man not sinned in the most simple of requirements, man would have never tasted death.

You can verify this by the fact that Christ himself, was tested exactly as Adam was tested, but at a much greater distress level. Christ prevailed where Adam failed. Some day, Christ will give back to Adam what Adam gave up for a mess of pottage.

So, when Adam was created, he was created to die? You'd have to show me that in writing. Since you weren't there at creation, I'm pretty sure you don't know, for a fact that man was destined to get old and die. Disease, death and the like are the consequence of sin. Had man not sinned in the most simple of requirements, man would have never tasted death.

You can verify this by the fact that Christ himself, was tested exactly as Adam was tested, but at a much greater distress level. Christ prevailed where Adam failed. Some day, Christ will give back to Adam what Adam gave up for a mess of pottage.

So are you saying we are born with sin and that makes us die? Or that other's sins make us die? I am having a hard time following your logic.

There are three kinds of people in this world;
1) Those that believe in THE creator; the God above all Gods, the God of Abraham, and of Isaac and of Jacob.
2) and those that don't believe in the Alpha and the Omega, I am that I am, and that openly scorn him
3) and those that haven't chosen yet

If there is a coming NEW Kingdom for those in group 1, I want to be in it.And I won't see anybody from group 2 in there. And I'm ecstatic about that.
As for group 3ers, Hurry up and get into group 1, before the King of Kings returns, cuz once he gets here, you automatically get promoted to group 2. And it won't go well.

I don't care one tiny bit about group 2ers, They were destined to destruction from the founding of the world. I am not an evangelist; that is not my gift.They may not even have a choice. They will be kindling to the Fire.

I am desperately sorry for group 3ers, that never make it. My Dear old Dad was in that group,he never made a decision. My youngest brother, died as a group 2er.The next in line to me is a wizzard, destined to destruction, a group 2er.My baby sister is a half-wit pseudo-Christian on a collision course with the Lake. The next in line sister has made a decision and is struggling to find her way as a group 1er.

For group 3ers, sitting on the fence, I am desperately sorry that I am not an evangelist. I know just how hard it was for me to choose. It was the hardest thing I ever did. But there is no way I would ever go back to my old life.

To you group 2ers, if I can, I'll be waving bye-bye on judgement day. You see me shaking the dust off my sandals?

We are all destined to die. It is appointed unto man, once to die, and then the judgement.
When Adam and eve were in the Garden, God himself told them, they could eat of anything but these two trees. The consequence of eating of that tree was death.
That old serpent the Devil, called Satan, deceived simple Eve into eating it, and she offered it to Adam. Adam like most of us idiot men loved his wife Eve so much that he also ate of it.
Eve was beguiled. Adam was willfully disobedient. He fell short of the mark God had placed in the Garden.
In the Bible, falling short is called sin.The penalty for eating of this tree was death. Thru this act, death entered into the world. Believers believe that there was no death in the world prior to this time.
So to recap;
Adam sinned.
The penalty was death.
death comes to all now.
Yeshua came to reverse this dreadful consequence, offering us back our everlasting life, in exchange for our love and obedience.
So now we are waiting for the fullness of the Gentiles to come in and then the end will come.

Every body has their own ideas about the fullness of the Gentiles.And I'm no different.
In Revelations we are told that a great New City will come down from heaven , in which will dwell God Almighty. This city is described as being about 1500 miles by 1500 miles and just as high.
I wonder if God has made room in it for a set amount of Gentiles, and when the fullness arrives, that's it; shut the door!
So you group 3ers better hurry up and choose while there is yet room in the inn!

Now I have a headache! Most religious followers of what ever God they want to believe in, do so because most can't accept death as the last thing for them. They have to believe there is something after death.

Now I have a headache! Most religious followers of what ever God they want to believe in, do so because most can't accept death as the last thing for them. They have to believe there is something after death.

there is nothing after death until there is a resurrection. You certainly don't want to be in the second resurrection.

So are you saying we are born with sin and that makes us die? Or that other's sins make us die? I am having a hard time following your logic.

No, you are not born a sinner. That's Catholic pagan teaching (the Catholics borrowed it from the pagans). You can't sin without the knowledge of it. You know right from wrong don't you? You and only YOU will be responsible for the choices you make.

Had Adam never sinned, the test would have been removed. There would be no sin or sinners. Once sin entered, YOU have to make the choice to understand what sin is, and how to not sin.

Seems simple to me.

No, you are not born a sinner. That's Catholic pagan teaching (the Catholics borrowed it from the pagans). You can't sin without the knowledge of it. You know right from wrong don't you? You and only YOU will be responsible for the choices you make.

Had Adam never sinned, the test would have been removed. There would be no sin or sinners. Once sin entered, YOU have to make the choice to understand what sin is, and how to not sin.

Seems simple to me.
So if I never sin I live for ever? Sounds interesting.

Most religious followers of what ever God they want to believe in, do so because most can't accept death as the last thing for them. They have to believe there is something after death.
I don't think that's the main reason for most religious people. Human beings are hard-wired to seek a connection to something greater than our individual selves. We each find that connection in our own favorite combination of religion, work, art, music, sports, war, community service, old cars, etc. I know plenty of Christians who aren't sure if there's an afterlife or if anything in the Bible is factually true, but they like to believe in God and Jesus anyway because it makes them feel more purposeful.

I don't believe in a Higher Power with a personality, plans and desires, but I don't disrespect those who do. Why? Because I can't prove they are wrong, and I certainly don't have a better answer for why the universe exists. However, I do have to question people who disregard facts that are staring them in the face, such as the fact that the ocean horizon always curves downward, or the fact that the sun sets at different times in different places. If you believe God made everything, you have to believe He made it so planets are round. Then again, we are all really good at believing things that are clearly inconsistent with other things we believe.

So if I never sin I live for ever? Sounds interesting.

You like making it up as you go?

I never said that. There is more to it. You have to do the work to learn for yourself. I can't learn it for you.

The good news for me is I know that what ever happens to you is on you.

I had no idea when I first posted in this thread that it'd turn out to be so gahdamn entertaining :).
I started this thread because I thought some stranger was nuts and I found some humor in it. Never saw it going this way! :popcorn:

I started this thread because I thought some stranger was nuts and I found some humor in it. Never saw it going this way! :popcorn:
You should have seen the look myou mom gave me when I told her I do in fact believe that God created Adam from the dust, and Eve from his rib

We are all destined to die. It is appointed unto man, once to die, and then the judgement.
When Adam and eve were in the Garden, God himself told them, they could eat of anything but these two trees. The consequence of eating of that tree was death.
That old serpent the Devil, called Satan, deceived simple Eve into eating it, and she offered it to Adam. Adam like most of us idiot men loved his wife Eve so much that he also ate of it.
Eve was beguiled. Adam was willfully disobedient. He fell short of the mark God had placed in the Garden.
In the Bible, falling short is called sin.The penalty for eating of this tree was death. Thru this act, death entered into the world. Believers believe that there was no death in the world prior to this time.
So to recap;
Adam sinned.
The penalty was death.
death comes to all now.
Yeshua came to reverse this dreadful consequence, offering us back our everlasting life, in exchange for our love and obedience.
So now we are waiting for the fullness of the Gentiles to come in and then the end will come.

Every body has their own ideas about the fullness of the Gentiles.And I'm no different.
In Revelations we are told that a great New City will come down from heaven , in which will dwell God Almighty. This city is described as being about 1500 miles by 1500 miles and just as high.
I wonder if God has made room in it for a set amount of Gentiles, and when the fullness arrives, that's it; shut the door!
So you group 3ers better hurry up and choose while there is yet room in the inn!
----------------------------------------------------------
I agree w/ most all of this post ! But u all should go back to the hebrew and greek texts, and see what " beguiled " really means . AND , THERE WAS NO SNAKE, IT`S JUST ONE OF THE MANY NAMES OF SATAN. therte was no actual tree either. Do some home work, and report back, at ease !

I agree w/ most all of this post ! But u all should go back to the hebrew and greek texts, and see what " beguiled " really means . AND , THERE WAS NO SNAKE, IT`S JUST ONE OF THE MANY NAMES OF SATAN. therte was no actual tree either. Do some home work, and report back, at ease !
That's the story everybody knows. I just stick to the story.

So you are fluent in Hebrew and Greek? You also need a bit of Aramaic in there as well.

-
Back