Thinking of selling my stone stock barn find 1 owner 71 340 Duster

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
In 1973 the original owner hit a pig. Busted the grille,bent the bumper and scraped up the paint on the hood and fender. All original body parts except the bumper, grille and hood latch. The Duster just had it's 40th birthday on the 8th of May. On the first page of this thread I posted 2 other threads that go into great depth on my car thanks to all of the other members here. There are a ton of photos of it as well as the fender tag. The car never had hood scoops and it has 103,000 miles on it. It runs good for a stock 340 with a stock 391 suregrip.

This is the one I drooled over at the Isle car show isn't it? I am interested but can not do anything until July-August. Need to finish my house and get the garage built before I even think about buying another car. Wife's orders......LOL. I will send you my name and number here.

Yup, that is the one. I will get a hold of ya later. I am working on my garage today.

What's the build date on the car? No offense, but did it get a new front clip at some point in its life? No sharktooth grill, no hood scoops, and the paint on the drivers fender is a little different from the drivers door. Makes me think it got pranged in the front end at some point... Still a sweet ride though...113k miles?

For the record, from the factory, 1971 340 Dusters did not have hood scoops.

The Duster Twister did have hood scoops but the top engine in the Twister was the 318. The Twister was basically an appearance package available from the factory starting in the 1971 model year. Twisters, like the 1971 and 1972 Duster 340s, also came equipped from the factory with the sharkstooth grill.

What's the build date on the car? No offense, but did it get a new front clip at some point in its life? No sharktooth grill, no hood scoops, and the paint on the drivers fender is a little different from the drivers door. Makes me think it got pranged in the front end at some point... Still a sweet ride though...113k miles?

I have never seen a 340 Duster come with the hood scoops factory. I know you could get them on the Twister Duster but the 340 Duster's did not get them as far as I know.

For the record, from the factory, 1971 340 Dusters did not have hood scoops.

The Duster Twister did have hood scoops but the top engine in the Twister was the 318. The Twister was basically an appearance package available from the factory starting in the 1971 model year. Twisters, like the 1971 and 1972 Duster 340s, also came equipped from the factory with the sharkstooth grill.

True...I have a '71 Twister that is an orginal 318 3 speed car(the /6 was standard equipment). The '71 Twister got the 340 grille in '71. The '72 Twister had the standard grille.

Dude....Don't even think about selling your car on this site...Ain't gonna happen.
To many monkey wrenches flying around..Good luck with the sale.

Dude....Don't even think about selling your car on this site...Ain't gonna happen.
To many monkey wrenches flying around..Good luck with the sale.

????....I don't see where you're coming from with that statement...there's 20k members on this site who are all into a-bodies and they also know other Mopar guy and girls so there's tons of exposure at zero cost.Sure,you'll get a few wingnuts responding but you'll get those anytime you try to sell anything so expect it and don't let it bother you.
Besides,those types make this place a lot more entertaining...

Personally,I've seen a lot of cars sell on here beetween members and I've bought two cars from this site myself including a 340 Duster.

You haven't been around long enough then. Search the site, you'll see where Im coming from. Heck, just look at this thread.

Again good luck with your sale.

Was gonna drive it to a show today but there has been Tornado warnings all day and really cloudy so I drove my 89 Cavi with a 3400 engine swap and left the Duster sit in my garage. Peoples comments don`t bother me. Like it hate it everyone has their opinions. It is still sitting in my garage just like I found it and I am happy. Looking at a pretty nice 63 Impala 2 door hardtop tomorrow to drive on "these"kind of days. It`s a nice car but a Chevy so who cares lol.

Bring it up to the "Mopars in the Park" show in Farmington MN in 2 weeks, huge mopar show and nice car corral.

Otherwise, I would put it on ebay to sell.

Anudder barn find. Hopefully I get it for my 500. If I do, the Duster will no longer be for sale.
3k73mc3l45V25O45U5b5mbe01677e0956135e.jpg
3ne3o63lc5Z25T25P2b5mae5727f93b381d48.jpg
3n93ka3m85W45P35R5b5m3f41a34de25816df.jpg
3n53p23o35V65Z25X0b5mb31ea301723314f6.jpg

????....I don't see where you're coming from with that statement...there's 20k members on this site who are all into a-bodies and they also know other Mopar guy and girls so there's tons of exposure at zero cost.Sure,you'll get a few wingnuts responding but you'll get those anytime you try to sell anything so expect it and don't let it bother you.
Besides,those types make this place a lot more entertaining...

Personally,I've seen a lot of cars sell on here beetween members and I've bought two cars from this site myself including a 340 Duster.

I agree that it shouldn't be hard to sell here-hell, I'd buy it in a second if it was up here.

^I've seen some pretty sad cars up here for about the same amount in the few weeks since I decided I need to find another Duster...and that's the more valuable Canadian dollar (amazing how good it feels to say that lol).

If it isn`t raining, I will. It usually does until noon. Will you have a ride there? I would like to trade my Duster for a good roller to put my 500 engine in. Been thinking of just pulling the 340/727 from the Duster and putting my engine in it just to get it fired up.

I think eBay charges too much in fees overall so I like to take advantage of them where ever I can, but I've never been dishonest about selling a part to anyone. 100% feedback always!

^I've seen some pretty sad cars up here for about the same amount in the few weeks since I decided I need to find another Duster...and that's the more valuable Canadian dollar (amazing how good it feels to say that lol).

Same story here in B.C. ...guys want 7k for rusty project Dusters and Demons with disassembled 360's in the trunk.I would'nt consider looking at local stuff unless I was a magician with welder and owned shares in AMD.

It's actually pretty easy to import an older car into Canada and does'nt cost a whole lot.Shipping is the main cost,figure about a $1/mile and then 5% GST on the purchase price at the border and you have no PST in Alberta.I've bought my last three Mopars in the U.S and they're all nice and solid and at way better prices than what comparable cars are advertised for here.

Took it to the cruise and had a BLAST with it!!!!!! There was 1,700 cars there.

Mike, I park at Regions bank every year. The side on 4th st. My cousins coupe was 2 down from mine. Friday night my son graduated so I didn`t make the show n shine.
0528111033a95275498.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back