Thinking of selling my stone stock barn find 1 owner 71 340 Duster

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
More than enough. Couldn`t stand to see it just rotting away. The other 2 that offered me money have since bought a Demon and the other bought a new Charger. Guess I could list it on ebag and stop the auction if I don`t like what it looks like it will bring. I can also just keep it and steal the shows with it just the way it is. Snow tires and all!

Worth is subjective and is irrelevant in todays car market.
From a strictly numbers standpoint, it's worth what you paid plus the amount you choose to mark it up and sell to the next buyer. The "mark up" doesn't have to have any rhyme or reason- just look on ebay (for the reasons pointed out above among others.)

Kinda like what car salesman do.

Me...I would tell any buyer how much I paid, put into the car and how much I'm looking to get. No need to beat around the bush.

you bought it from the original owner. hence the second owner! i dont think the guys trying to argue, just stating facts that your not. a one owner car has only had one owner. not a second owner who never even registered the thing and is trying to flip it. the flipper is the second owner period. dont get mad dude, your the one trying to sell a car without a price.

I DIDN`T BUY IT "JUST TO FLIP". Fine I want 7 grand for it. If I bought it "to flip" I would HAVE to sell it and would need money. I DON`T. I would have it for sale asap.not a month or two later. There is the price. No more comments (Rude or otherwise) needed unless you are interested in my car!
Please read this.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/announcement.php?f=41&a=6

I would have to agree that it is no longer a "1 owner car" .....maybe you should advertise it as you purchased it from the original owner and it has only been registered under one owner!.

that should not hurt the sale anyhow though and if someone is to nit picky to think the value would be effected simply because you bought it from the original owner and that you are not the original owner....then they should look elsewhere.

I think its a cool car and looks pretty dang clean for as long as it has sat and being all original.

as was mentioned previously....I think around $5,000.00-$7,000.00 would not be to far fetched when it comes to what you should sell it for.

expect the lower end though with the economy being how it is.

to be honest with you though, I think you should keep it......if not to hold on to....then to restore.

a quick restore job could net you a much larger profit ,you could either make enough to buy another complete car or trade for another complete car.

I would suggest, doing lower quarters on it, a trunk lid like you mentioned and a respray on it and you could potentially boost the asking price by $3,000.00 or so.

I wasn`t really planning on buying a car like this. I really was and still am looking for a car for this.....I just got side tracked. Guess I could put it in the Duster since I have both already.
0501111802b95308423-1.jpg

It already has factory 391`s in it with the 489 center section so it would handle it. I wish my pro-street Dart wouldn`t have ever got stolen while my 500 was out having work done on it.

yeah stick it in the duster!

just hang onto the factory engine so if you ever want to you can put it bact to numbers matching!.

no harm in that, and you get to put your engine to good use. keep it!!!

So, $7k is your asking price? I like the car the way it is and would only want it like that. Keep that in mind if your not sure you really want to keep it. I think doing to much to it will actually de-value it. The car needs a restoration but is neat and useable like it is, which is why it's getting so much attention. Too much work started and it's just another Duster.

Would you Guys give Kilgas a break, come on.Ok so its only been registered to one owner how is that.The man said he was not a flipper,besides what wrong with buying a car and making money on it???This is wrong since when?

1 owner, 12 owners...whats the point? You gonna get with the first owner and find out what the salesmans name was? Take a look, ask a few pertinent questions, bring Galens little book if your that anal, and make an offer. 7G's isnt that bad, salvage title tuner Hondas that will NEVER go up in price are more than that. You guys that rescue barn cars, fix them, drive them enjoy them and move on are guilty of Flipping too, just with a longer time frame. Keep cool, guys. If you dont like it., move on.

So, $7k is your asking price? I like the car the way it is and would only want it like that. Keep that in mind if your not sure you really want to keep it. I think doing to much to it will actually de-value it. The car needs a restoration but is neat and useable like it is, which is why it's getting so much attention. Too much work started and it's just another Duster.

I would second this opinion. regardless if you had the funds and ability to finish a complete top quality restoration or not. IMO you would be money ahead by not doing anything other than small mechanical fixs to make it drive better. I personally place a high premium on a car that has not been touched like yours.

Yall lay off. Who gives a rat's butt why he bought it. It's his. If he wants to roll it out in a field and set it on fire and roast hot dogs with it, it's his car.

$7K is a great price, go find another one like it. I'd say clean it up some, drive it to some shows and it will probably sell itself.

7k. Here it is today. I moved it to my other garage so I did a short video of it. I guess I never noticed just how healthy a good 340 sounds. You can defiantly hear the stock cam in it.

I like that car. Sounds great in the video..............even better in person. LOL

If everything works out, I will keep it. I may have found a home for my 500.:toothy1:

None taken. Just shows how bad I want and need to sell it. If I do, I do. If I don`t, I don`t. It surely will not depreciate in value......:afro: In my opinion, it is a rare car. Wonder how many unrestored 71 EV2 340 dusters with these options are left and driving around?:study:

What's the build date on the car? No offense, but did it get a new front clip at some point in its life? No sharktooth grill, no hood scoops, and the paint on the drivers fender is a little different from the drivers door. Makes me think it got pranged in the front end at some point... Still a sweet ride though...113k miles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back