This Is A Heartbreaker....

-
If it's a numbers matching engine and trans it is definitely worth the effort to bring it back. There have been cars in worst condition fixed to where you couldn't tell it had been done.
My 73 Cuda will be lucky to have much more than the Dutchman panel, one door, LH rocker, and the trunk lid as original panels when I'm done. Everything from the firewall to the bumper on the bottom of the car is new metal, as well as the roof skin and quarters, due to getting T-boned and repaired incorrectly and rust.
Well you are talking cutting and welding a new front half for sure...yes it can be done but expensive labor wise...

To let yall know, the car AIN'T yellow. It's sublime green. The sun was shining on the car and it kinda throws the color off. Trust me, I've stood right next to it before. It's green as a gord.
It's Lime Light :thumbsup:

What a bummer. Beautiful car.

Very lucky not to have been seriously injured in that one!

As much as it hurts the car can be rebuilt. Being an E-Body you can pretty much buy every part of that car from tip to tail out of the AMD catalog. You can basically build a ‘Cuda like that out of thin air with a thick wallet, a frame table and a spot welder.

If you can't see a screaming yellow vehicle you should not be on the road, glad everyone was OK...
No kidding
I almost ran over some chick who decided to cross the street without looking

I was driving my 71 duster, EV2
And the exhaust dumps before the rear axle

Of course this dummy had her airbuds in

Missed her by about a foot

The Cuda was with Hagerty. They'll get full replacement value AND get to keep the car.
Is that how it works with classic car insurance?? I always figured if the insurance pays out the agreed upon value, the insurance company would assume ownership of whatever's left of the car. That'd be cool if he got to keep it AND get the total agreed upon value.

Is that how it works with classic car insurance?? I always figured if the insurance pays out the agreed upon value, the insurance company would assume ownership of whatever's left of the car. That'd be cool if he got to keep it AND get the total agreed upon value.
That's how it works with Hagerty. If the car is totaled, they give you the agreed upon amount and you keep the car, because they want to see it back on the road and insured with them, or used as parts to fix up another one and be insured with them. If that ain't good business, I don't know what is.

Oh no! What a beautiful car. I have an AAR in a real state of disrepair. I could only hope to attain what this car looks to have been and hope it can be brought back. I can only imagine the turmoil. The car was hit hard for sure. I sincerely hope all involved are OK. Wishing the best for the owner and family.

That's awful. Glad the owners were unhurt. Hard to believe the engine is still there in that picture.

The important issue is he’s not seriously hurt. Hopefully the AAR can return to it’s former glory

Graveyard cars can do it if they have 10 years! and the insurance co. has what $100000??
Sad, but life is more important.

New Testament King James Version Nahum 2:4
Just being aware of the warning might prevent it.
It happened. It was posted here before me.
My reply here is seen by others.
Some will google my reference. Some will go to the printed page to read it.
All part of the plan?
I have to wonder how old the driver of the Lincoln was. I don't get out often but seems like every time I do I see a very old driver behind the wheel of early 2000s Towncar. I know of one who wont spend the coin to have his drivers seat repaired. He has several pillows under and behind him so he can reach the pedals and see out. He claims the power mirror don't adjust as far and it once did. I don't bother to try explaining that the position of his head is the issue. Nothing wrong with the mirror.

Last edited:
Glad they are okay. Sucks dumb people haven't learned to drive.
The trouble is, dumb people don't learn to drive, but they are allowed to anyway. When was the last time you took any kind of a test to renew your license? Indiana and Michigan at most require an eye test, and they encourage you to do it on line or by mail, which skips even that step. I know it's a PITA, but we all ought to have to take at least a written test every 4 years. At the very least might help us keep up on some of the changing laws, remind us of some of the basics we learned back in drivers ed.

Really glad they didn't get hurt and I don't want to be a naysayer but I think that will rub out.

Man I feel the pain first hand. Had a red 1967 notch back barracuda w/12,800 original miles. The rear seat belts were still wrapped in plastic from factory. Anyway I rolled it after being forced off the road. It rolled twice and landed upside down on the roadway. The money didn't matter in was the loss of a truly original barracuda that tore me up.

That will be an arguement between insurance companies. Fortunately no serious injuries to the people. Looks like the Cuda was pretty pristine.

I wish the best for this gentleman and his AAR. But when it comes to wearing bright yellow when working out on the roads, there is so much of this color out there now that it has become a neutral color. Everybody and their brother wears it and nobody pays attention to it any more. They should change the bright color up every few years to keep people on their toes. I know because I am retired from a highway dept. and nobody saw us out on the roads, people didn't even see our big red plow trucks coming down the road.
Dumb ***** don't see fire trucks stopped in the left lane for an accident on the other side of the concrete barriers that involved traffic going the other way. Some twinky pilled into the back of the fire truck at 100 to 110KPH, 62 to 70MPH and was killed. The family tried to sue the fire dept for parking on the wrong side of the road, a busy three lane freeway. Stoopid people are God's method of population control. Twinky was probably texting. Only way to explain not seeing a big red truck with lights flashing.

I think I am the only person in the world that could spin an AWD vehicle! Month and a half ago bounced my '01 Forester off a concrete median. Tough little beast, drove it 60 miles home at 70 MPH with the AC on! State Farm totaled it. I kept the car and got paid. Because they couldn't find the parts to fix it I had it rollbacked home. I called the agent to put the minimum insurance on it so I could keep the plate on it to avoid hassles with the locals. No problem! I called NJ Motor Vehicle because I was told to get a Salvage Title. Motor Vehicle said since it was more than 9 years old I didn't need one! It is now at a friend's body shop and he thinks he can fix it!

These dumb a—es “o insurance will take care of it”. So they drive like crap. We’ll what about my 10 years of labor already! Ain’t never seen that part of a insurance check. They tailgate and cut across and pull out all the time on me. Like I’m on a motorcycle Figure I will stop because of the car so they don’t worry.

Out of curiosity, I called my insurance company and asked what happens in the event I total my 68 Dart. They explained that I'd receive the agreed upon value, and they would keep the car. If I wanted the car back, they'd give me the agreed upon value minus whatever value they'd place on the car.

Makes me wonder how they'd determine the value of the totalled car. Has anyone been through that nightmare before? How'd they determine the value of the totalled car?

-
Back