This is gettin' silly........

-

greenhornet

Reaction score
"$46.73" to UPS a '69 valiant grille from North Carolina to Washington state... I just sold an A-100 dash shifter to a guy in Canada, I hope he has some deep pockets for the shippin'... The post office rates are gettin' stupid crazy also.... These shipping rates are hurtin' the parts business big time, for me anyway... Sorry y'all, just needed to vent...

I leave in Canada and thats why
I dont order much in the US

do you imagin how much it could
cost to ship a hood from AAR
to Quebec in Canada

I'm in Canada and sold a Wii game to someone in the province next door. Cost the buyer $10.75 for a package that weighed 103 grams. The post office is nuts!

I leave in Canada and thats why
I dont order much in the US

do you imagin how much it could
cost to ship a hood from AAR
to Quebec in Canada

I live in the U.S. and THAT's why I don't buy much in Canada!!

Ihad my car shipped from Alabama to Ontario,Canada when the US dollar was $1.26 to our $1.00:evil3:,now is $0.99 to a dollar.I have no problem shipping/buying USPS.

ya i know i need to send out the breaks i have for DARTT but its gona kill me

You know those plastic Purolator envelopes? Try $17.50 to send one of those babys off. Same payload in your plain paper envelope, $7.00. Post office, propably $2 or $3. Thats why Purolator makes them so available to you. We pay heavily for the so called conveniance.

I use UPS ground for almost everything. Sometimes its better to call them to make sure they know where the address is.

Its a good thing there are companies that will transport your goods for you. One day we ay not be so fortunate..

I live out in the hills and I am happy the Fed Ex guy will come to my house.. My bud always uses the post office . Says its much cheaper. I always use Fed Ex. Cost of doin business I always say.

x2

some guys have used the cash back from credit cards to buy more parts...just cuz the shipping is so high....

Alaska is a rip too, I think Hawaii may be cheaper, LOL....... What stumps me, is getting something FROM Alaska, to the lower 48...... even though the barges run back almost empty..............

Unless UPS is your only choice, I don't see why you would ship with them. It's like flushing your money down the toilet.

I've spent the last 3 yrs restoring a 69 Dart and have had good luck with buying parts in the US, however I always have to ask for USPS shipping. UPS is a terrible shipping option for Canadian's. Whenever I have had something shipped by UPS there are ridiculous brokerage fees. UPS isn't any faster than USPS either.

I recently had a brake master cylinder sent by Year One for warranty replacement (NOT BASHING YEAR ONE, they were excellent to deal with) It was clearly stated on the Year One documents that all shipping and brokerage fees were to be charged to Year One. However when I got the phone call that the package had arrived I nearly flipped out when they told me I owed UPS $75.

If I ship from a main fed-ex hub shipping is pretty cheap, only problem is the nearest hub is a 3-hour round trip... Where I live the UPS and fed-ex guy I have to ship through is a middle man, his cut is what runs the shipping up..

I try and do most of my shipping for big parts anyway by Grey Hound Bus they seem to be the cheapest for most big parts.

I like how UPS charges shipping, then has the audacity to charge "fuel surcharge" and "delivery fee" on top of it. Isnt that supposed to be built into your pricing structure?

I like how UPS charges shipping, then has the audacity to charge "fuel surcharge" and "delivery fee" on top of it. Isnt that supposed to be built into your pricing structure?

You would think so. It's like your phone bill with a base charge and two pages of fees and taxes.

Don't feel too bad. I just bought some small NOS pieces from an NOS dealer in my state. He charges a flat percentage of your total order for shipping. Charged me $28 (plus sales tax) for shipping a small box that could not have cost more than $10. It's like, if you want the parts you're gonna pay the piper.

I have an account with FedEx. Print out my own shipping label, then drop it off at the local guy. That way you avoid the middle man mark-up.

Yup I have plenty of heavy parts I cant sell because of shipping.All the light stuff sold quick!

-
Back