This will be the last ground up car for me.

-
Key things that play a role into what we are discussing I believe rather than age.

1. Money (this makes the world turn)
2. Shop conditions (shop with lift or shade tree)
3. Tools (proper equipment or monkey wrench)
4. Time ( you got it or you don't)
5. Health ( you got it or you don't)

any others you would like to add?

Yes; if I had a garage with a lift it would be a Big help.
A dirt side street was no fun place, to swap an engine.

ce44.jpg

heck, u guys are scaring me! im gonna be 25 and i feel old!! my body already aches and pains. lol

i have 2 cars im working on, 68 cuda fastback and my 70 dart thats been on hold the last year until i can get my cuda driving...i saved a chunk of money for them, and i have a lot of time, i just need a helping hand with a little more experience and some motivation....my cuda could have been back on the road 6 months ago if i had the help...

I love wrenching on my cars,just turned 48.I need a hoist!period.It,s the aches afterwards that I never get use to.](*,)

As I accumulate parts to do my 68 fish I am realizing that despite having a ton of space all of it is full with other toys, many also needing work. Space is the biggest excuse but also heat (no AC in the work shop), old age (yes, you get lazier with age and beer), and not being a body man.

But I just found a bunch of body parts which really is boosting my attitude.

I would add support and encouragement to the list (thank you FABO!). It's always a boost to the spirits when someone else gives you a nod.
C

im 16 but im alreaady fed up with turning wrenches, my dart has sat in the garage long enough now its just a take it to cruise only to find 16 things wrong with it and a dam dumb blonde judge cracks my biberglass fender by leaning ove it and putting her leg into it, and then she docks me points for it, tell me im wrong for being mad about that and i will shoot you down, ive done it to three people already im still ready to do it again.

The ***** would die!

Key things that play a role into what we are discussing I believe rather than age.

any others you would like to add?

I would add LUCK to that list, a lot of times things don't turn out the way you want when you are restoring these kind of cars.
I really try not to think about how much money I have spent so far (and i haven't finished yet), and when that crosses my mind I go and fire up the engine, that sound makes all go away... if it starts :p

I could have bought a brand new Challenger SRT8 for what I have in my Dart. But I think it will be way cooler and definitely one of a kind. I would love to do it again, just with someone else's money...

Tin I hear you I have a Challenger SRT-8 but without the duster I could have paid for it already. ooh well all in the fun of doing it, Right?

I try to keep my receipts in a file cabinet to look back later and total.
I keep my wife away from the drawer of course.

I will be 33 this Saturday! It took me long enough, but the past couple of years I have really got into old cars, especially Mopar. Fortunately for me I am still in the "love to wrench" phase...and actually can't wait to start scraping the bottom of my car!:toothy7:

Ask me the same question after I am done, we will see what the answer is. LOL.

Anyways, the money is set aside for the engine, but in order to do the rear end and all the small things up right to complete my resto/swap, I am contemplating a part time second job, just to bank up money for the car. I admit this will probably be the last time I can really handle working two jobs. I remember doing it a lot in my twenties (for a few years straight at one point) without a care, but man something just "feels" different inside...like I know it will take a toll on me this time.

just want to get her done.

6. Support and encouragement (significant other helping? member of a forum?)
7. Luck (you got it sometimes and sometime you don't)

-
Back