Those 'Special' Craigslist Ads .....

-

nm9stheham

Reaction score
You see such interesting descriptions and stories on Craigslist. Saw this one phrase today about a Mopar for sale that I just can't shake out of my mind:

"Being a forgetful fool I let block freeze and crack block but its to the outside , jb welded it not perfect but works I drive this car every day"

#-o

These Craigslist ads,just keep getting better & better...

I must share this from my local cl:
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5030267821.html

I didn't even know that a 4-dr Dart was a "beach cruiser", but with gutter-mounts and a surfboard, it almost passes for a Woody. The stickers and peeling clear coat are a really nice touch. The seller's body is pure tattoo art. Sacramento is 110 miles from the surf.

I must share this from my local cl:
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5030267821.html

I didn't even know that a 4-dr Dart was a "beach cruiser", but with gutter-mounts and a surfboard, it almost passes for a Woody. The stickers and peeling clear coat are a really nice touch. The seller's body is pure tattoo art. Sacramento is 110 miles from the surf.

Low buck pimping, has its drawbacks( lol)... I would cruise it, just not at that price....?

I mis-spoke. The map shows he actually does live near the beach. Most can't afford Santa Cruz, but at least you can buy into the lifestyle by driving a "Custom Beach Cruiser". Last thing I want is a car that has spent a lot of time around salt water.

Anyone remember the TV ads in the 1960's showing a new car driving at the waterline (Daytona?), splashing salt water underneath? I wonder who unknowingly bought one after the filming. When I was a kid, you could drive onto the beach in FL. Many clueless inlanders parked too close to the water and found their cars submerged to the windows at high tide. Best thing you might do is dunk it in a freshwater lake right after that.

I mis-spoke. The map shows he actually does live near the beach. Most can't afford Santa Cruz, but at least you can buy into the lifestyle by driving a "Custom Beach Cruiser". Last thing I want is a car that has spent a lot of time around salt water.

Anyone remember the TV ads in the 1960's showing a new car driving at the waterline (Daytona?), splashing salt water underneath? I wonder who unknowingly bought one after the filming. When I was a kid, you could drive onto the beach in FL. Many clueless inlanders parked too close to the water and found their cars submerged to the windows at high tide. Best thing you might do is dunk it in a freshwater lake right after that.

Yep Daytona as a kid, family car up to the windows in salt water! I remember it well. We were from Indiana, so yes inland crowd. MT:burnout:

-
Back