Thought I might post my 67 Barracuda progress

-

RDJ

Reaction score
So far my posts have been questions about how to do stuff. Well this weekend, I got my engine bay, trunk, and door jams painted and thought I would post some pics. It is only the third time using a spray gun, and first time with basecoat/clearcoat. Turned out pretty good. The color is 96/97 Viper Blue Pearl. I really like it.

Now that it is done, I can assemble my interior, install the engine if I want (engine block comes back from machine shop next week).

EngBayBlue.jpg

HoodTrLidBlue.jpg

TrunkBlue.jpg

BTW, I got the car a year ago March. So far I've So far I've replaced the k-frame with a 73 spool mount, replaced all of the ball joints, tie rods (c-body), bushings, centerlink, disc brakes, etc to 73+ stuff. I have a power steering box that was rebuilt by Firm Feel. The 8 3/4 rear is in with a 3.23 sure grip.

The interior dash and pieces were painted two different "glosses" of black about a month ago. Before I painted the trunk, I coated the trunk and interior floor with Herculiner bed liner. The engine will be a 408. And I would like to say Thanks for the support I've gotten from this site.

RtDoorBlack2.jpg

DashBlack.jpg

FloorLiner1.jpg

TrunkLiner2.jpg

Very cool! What paint system are you using?

I am using Metalux paint (I guess it is PPG's budget paint?). I'm pretty much a rookie, but it seemed to go on just fine. One thing I learned, I should mix up the clear coat in batches instead of all at once. At the end it started to not flow too well.

I have a 29 gallon, 14 CFM@90 psi compressor. Seemed to keep up fine. I bought the Devillbiss Starting Line gun kit (Devillbiss's budget guns?).

That looks good!

I'm glad to see you are doing the work yourself. It might be me but it's hard to find someone to paint a muscle car without it taking years. They paint the most common cars because that is where the money is (insurance work). I can't to blame them. I asked a well known painter how much would it cost to paint my car and how long. He said over a year and $5000 or more.

Nice job,
Keep use posted with pictures of your progress.
67 fast back fish was the best car ever produced!!!
Just my 2cents.

I love that color, I had a Dodge Dakota that was very similar.

I love what you are doing.seeing cars getting put togather is putting a new spark in me to keep mine.Good job keep up the good work. Mark

Wow, thanks for the encouragement! The color looks even better in natural light.

I did a fast and quick restoration of a 73 Dart Swinger three years ago. Has a built slant six, Maaco paint job, this is my first small block.

Other enthusiastic people makes the job much more enjoyable and gives me more energy! It's funny, in some ways I want the job finished so I can have a nice, good looking, screaming fast fish, but when I am done, my hobby is going to be done (my wife said this is the last one).

So, I guess when this is done,

I WILL HAVE TO GET ANOTHER MOPAR (Big Block next time?)

OK!!! Except for a laundry list of details, some tuning and a couple of issues, the car is done!!! Here are some pics.

The pics don't really do the color justice, it is quite beautiful. Maybe I will have to take some better pics.

Also, the tires seem to have trouble gripping the pavement :snakeman:

The last pic was taken early in the project.

Attachments

• back.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 235
  • Engine2.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 208
  • Engine4.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 195
  • FrontCorner.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 225
  • FrontSeats1.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 212
  • SideRight.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 196
  • IntRight.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 198
  • Cuda1.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 220
Sweet ride, love the 67 fastbacks!

I need to know, where did you get the seat belts?
And how did you install them?

My 67 may be a late enough build to have the mounting points in the roof- did yours have those?

Sweet ride, love the 67 fastbacks!

I need to know, where did you get the seat belts?
And how did you install them?

My 67 may be a late enough build to have the mounting points in the roof- did yours have those?

I had to install the upper mounting points myself and move the bottom mounting points back. If you look at post #5 in this thread, you can see what I did.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=56265

Congratulations, very nice build! You know though, they`re never done...............
and there you have it. pretty nice job. just curious though, all that work and no pics? we love car ****. you should post som more from thr work you've done. pretty nice car.

-
Back