Thought I'd introduce myself...

-

failed_ethics

Reaction score
Hello all, been hitting up the forums for a couple weeks and thought it was about time to introduce myself and my car.

When I was 15 my family got out of the military after 21 years and moved away from the base ASAP to the country outside of a town in central Texas called New Braunfels. After unloading the U haul, we returned the truck into town and on the way, down a little side street, I saw an older car.

Since the time I was a little kid I was obsessed with classics and pestered my parents to take me by to look at any early model vehicle I saw. This was no exception, and after a few days of nagging they finally took me back to town to give me a look.

On Mr. Paiz's front lawn was an all original(other than new carpet and top) 77000 mile 1964 Dodge Dart 270 Convertible with a 225 slant six(and at the time I had no idea what a Dart was, let alone a slant six). It was his first new car when he was in his 20's. I knew I had to have it.

Saved up enough scratch cutting firewood and landscaping to buy it, $500 at a time, over a few months for $2500.

Then, it had a peaceful life sitting in my mother's garage for 10 years getting tinkered with every now and then(not as often as it should have...over the last 5 years, not at all). It's always been my dream to get it looking and running good, but after school and starting a solid career I just never found the time. It was the exact opposite of why I didn't get in going in the first place. High school was plenty of time and no money, working was plenty of money and no time.

Until recently that is. In June I was diagnosed with leukemia, and it was right back to high school days. Living at home, broke(apparently staying alive is an expensive thing to do...especially with no insurance...oops), but plenty of time on my hands.

Anyways, to sum it up, number one on my bucket list is to drive this car more than just around the block like I did on graduation day, I started assembling the necessary parts to get Jackie(the Dart) back on the road, and enlisted the help of a high school buddy who opened his own hot rod shop to take on some of the things my body just won't allow me to do right now.

His race season starts on the 20th, then it's 4 weeks doing a full resto on Jackie with me hovering around trying not to get in the way too much.

Pictures coming soon, just need to resize em.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone on the boards for helping me with information, parts, and parts leads so I can get this done.

-Jordan

Well Howdy Jordan,
Good luck on your project and welcome to the family. Plenty of info and fun here.

Welcome to FABO, Jordan. You're going to have fun here.
Keep us up to date on Jackie's progress with lots of pics.
Best of everything with your health. Best possible treatment is to BE POSITIVE and determined that you won't be beat by this.

Good Luck!, Nice Ride!!, It's a CLASSIC!!:cheers:

welcome to the dark side..young Jordan....ooppps I meant...welcome to the mopar site

Thanks for all the welcomes guys. I just got the first shipment of parts(tons of brake and suspension stuff), it's like christmas. Waiting for the rest then the pictures will start flowing.

-
Back