thoughts about car battery keep hooked up OR disconnect ?

-
Yes, negative side only. My battery has been removed and is sitting on a wood block in the other storage unit.

There is no doubt that as old as these girls are, disconnecting the batt for extended periods is not a bad idea.

The original systems are WAY under-fused, and anyone thinking the fuse link is "protection" is fooling themselves. A good example of "how simple" it can be was already given by the horn example. Inside the alternator is a bypass cap. That is hot at all times. If that cap shorts, you might have "interesting."

"If I live long enough" the battery is headed for the trunk, with a "push off" button from the outside. I intend to use a slip-fit tube and rod so that you push the knob to disconnect, but if someone pulls it back out, it simply slips. Open the trunk to turn back on.

Use the same one on the cuda. Painted the green knob black. I don't like leaving power hooked up for fire and theft reasons.

Yep, I painted the green knob black also. I don't disconnect the battery if it's parked for a few hours so I don't lose my preset stations on the radio. 1st thing I do when I get home is lift the hood & disconnect.....

2017-07-09 017 (Small).JPG

-
Back