Thoughts on this 318 recipe

-
You don't want to be the next one to say "hollley crap" my car is on fire...lol..
Only idiots who don't know how to tune them or set their timing set their cars on fire, Holleys work, but you have to be smarter than a fish stick to tune them

throw away that orange ignition box, find a mopar chrome one or it replacement as they have been discontinued

Only idiots who don't know how to tune them or set their timing set their cars on fire, Holleys work, but you have to be smarter than a fish stick to tune them
Then how do you do it?...

Then how do you do it?...
Well to start out I am not an idiot and also am smarter than a fish stick. These days there are plenty of professional tuners on YouTube to help you tune a Holley. Mine knowledge was gained on Holleys way before the internet existed

Well to start out I am not an idiot and also am smarter than a fish stick. These days there are plenty of professional tuners on YouTube to help you tune a Holley. Mine knowledge was gained on Holleys way before the internet existed
That's where I learned to tune them as well a long time ago. so not my thing but I would say if you got it and it works good use it and learn how to tune it...
I mean you have to be a pretty Dull Knife not to notice I just said that to get yellow rose to jump up and down but it looks like you want to do that for him?

I got up at 4: 30 this morning and made coffee. When my wife finally got up at eight-thirty I told her she had to microwave coffee because the coffee maker turned off 2 hours ago.
You got to get up before 4: 30 to fool me...
430 for you is already 630 for me. Lol

I went to full MSD from stock wires coil box you name it and didn't pick up a single tenth in the quarter mile..
Results May Vary but those were mine..
I just like the instant starting, slightly wider plug gap and no tears exhaust that comes with it.

I've had them in almost every vehicle I've built....even the old 5A box in an old jeep....made that thing start and idle like fuel injected

I just like the instant starting, slightly wider plug gap and no tears exhaust that comes with it.

I've had them in almost every vehicle I've built....even the old 5A box in an old jeep....made that thing start and idle like fuel injected
I didn't find any advantage in widening my spark gap and the only way I ever got no tears exhaust was jetting my carburetor and tuning my car correctly... I personally never noticed it had anything to do with my ignition but at least the ones that I ran..

Going from 35 gap to 55 helps ensure a good burn...so I guess is more of a feel good thing...just like everyones individual tolerance and perception of a rich idle is different. Just my thought.

Going from 35 gap to 55 helps ensure a good burn...so I guess is more of a feel good thing...just like everyones individual tolerance and perception of a rich idle is different. Just my thought.
By no means you're so new to the forearm I don't mean to be busting your nut so quick but while you very well could be right it sure looks like something I read on the side of my MSD box...
"Going from a 35 Gap to a 55 gap ensure a good burn" lol...:poke:..

I said that because you are a new member and not sure where you're coming from yet but there's gets to be a lot of people repeating what they read and what they hear on the internet believe it or not...

.I'm 47 years old...have worked as a professional mechanic, have owned over 40 cars..3 Harleys...built 7 cars, built and amature raced boats....dabbled in several other careers..and I'm currently a captain for a private airline...I dont quote the net or a box unless I believe it.
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
.I'm 47 years old...have worked as a professional mechanic, have owned over 40 cars..3 Harleys...built 7 cars, built and amature raced boats....dabbled in several other carers..and I'm currently a captain for a private airline...I dont quote the net or a box unless I believe it.
:thumbsup:
LOL... J par is suspicious of most...… don't take it personal :)

LOL... J par is suspicious of most...… don't take it personal :)
Believe me...I have read the same "WTF' comments from the clueless minions of the web....I have raised an eyebrow at some of the questions and replys...I have laughed my *** off at the ridiculous answers...shaken my head afraid of what my hobbies are becoming and the people involved.

I get it...lol:wtf:

I watched that one yesterday....interesting theory....would have liked to see before and after compression pressures.

You can get an idea of the gearing in the rpms...sounded like 4.88sand looked like a 26in tire...that would make it jump!

I watched that one yesterday....interesting theory....would have liked to see before and after compression pressures.

You can get an idea of the gearing in the rpms...sounded like 4.88sand looked like a 26in tire...that would make it jump!
4.11's, and the 4 gear is the OD unit.

-
Back