Throttle body size?

-

Bubu

Reaction score
I keep changing setups in my head so I started buying parts to force myself to one setup.But i have a couple of questions that i need advice on. Throttle size? 90mm, 95 mm or other? Injector size? Are the ID 1000's enough or more than i need? I purchased the efi intake manifold, and will be buying the intake elbow together with the throttle, once i know what size im going with.

Target of 550 & 600 hp mainly street. Its a 340 la. Fuel tech ecu, coil on plug, twin turbos, e85.

Im pretty sure ill keep changing my mind.

Thanks.

TB should not be that critical. The problem is that if it's vastly oversized, throttle "gearing" becomes a problem. This means that when you barely crack the throttle in physical movement, you will be opening a huge amount of opening. This is made worse if you are using a single barrel body as opposed to (in my case) the progressive 4bbl design my Holley uses.

i agree with the 4bbl design i agree with 67dart273 when your that big with a throttle body it does cause problems i had problems tuning with that big of a throttle body and also had part throttle boost problems. you may not on twins but on a single i did

-
Back