Time to get started.

-
Don't forget to get a oil pick-up tube for that car oil pan :glasses7:

You will also need to get a 90 degree oil filter adapter, then you can still run a nice big oil filter....I might have a spare one if you can't find one.
Yes indeed Keith, It's on my need to buy list so gather it up and get back with me :coffee2:
Now !! Take the rest of the day off and go to your dad's house and give him some company and help on this great day :cheers:

:D I already cleared it with your superviser

Well the V8 center link will be on it's way soon :cheers: Thank you pbiggs :color:
He is a member here that took the time to remove it from his 65 Barracuda parts car for me this weekend :glasses7:

Attachments

• 65 Barracuda parts car center link 3.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 452
My day yesterday was with out disaster :D I pulled Victoria up the hill, Treva (my wife of 36 years) drove Victoria up the hill while I pulled it with my 88 Ramcharger.
Unhooked the chain and off Victoria and I went down hill to the shop hitting the ramp in and all went well..:cheers:... wow! glad that is behind me :coffee2: it bounced like a wagon with the engine and trans out :blob: but she is in and ready for some fall and winter work now :color:

Some may not be a fan of my move to enjoy Victoria with a V8 but I will say I enjoyed many years and miles building the /6 the way I wanted it, just time to enjoy an automatic with some rumbling HP on the streets, High ways and the track, I can't wait :cheers:

Attachments

• enging out 1.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 444
  • engine out 2.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 422
  • engine out 3.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 435
  • engine out 4.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 423
Thanks go out to our member blewbyu :color: he had an oil pan to my liking and at a great price :cheers:
Now I can move forward knowing I have some of the hard and costly parts to get moving forward on my V8 transplant :color: I am making Varooom and header kacle noises to myself :D

Attachments

• oil pan 3.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 413
  • Oil pan 2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 408
  • Oil pan 1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 431
Treva and I was out and about treasure hunting (getting off the hill for a while) and ran into this old Pot Belly stove :glasses7: some folks here know this will heat my 12 x 24 shop very well.

I have heat post :cheers:

Attachments

• Shop heat 1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 389
  • Shop heat 2.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 385
Another part has made it to the hill :blob: Thank you for this great/Groovy gift you surprised me with 66340SEDAN :cheers: Our fun and fast Minnesota member has dun it to me again :glasses7:

Attachments

• SEDANMAN GIFT 1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 357
  • SEDANMAN GIFT.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 361
Im anxious to see how it beats out the slant six you had done with the upgrades! Great little car to do it to in great shape! Cant wait for the new track runs with before and after.:happy1:

Im anxious to see how it beats out the slant six you had done with the upgrades! Great little car to do it to in great shape! Cant wait for the new track runs with before and after.:happy1:

Thank you 4.7Light :color: I am getting there one step at a time :D
Spring is about here! I seen robins in my yard for the last 3 or 4 days :cheers:
Next up is to upgrade my front brakes and this man has what the doctor ordered right here.
A good friend and member here pointed him out to me on FB and I talked to him today.

To my front door $695.00 :color: He has dun it right and I hope everyone watches his video here at FABO land :cheers:
Met the Mopar Man

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShEPrPs-U0s"]MOPAR DISC BRAKE CONVERSION ,DOCTORATE - YouTube[/ame]

Good morning A Bodies Only world :cheers: I am getting on top of a few things :glasses7:

It won't be long now 66340SEDAN :cheers: (his car in the last picture) :glasses7:

Attachments

• 1 car.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 280
  • 1535013_1008768765805136_1563774798459049784_n.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 267
Mike, Looking forward to seeing Victoria's transplant pictures. I bet you're stoked & can't wait to drive it!! :D

Mike, Looking forward to seeing Victoria's transplant pictures. I bet you're stoked & can't wait to drive it!! :D

I sure am C :glasses7: After driving 66340SEDAN's 66 Valiant I have thought of a bunch of stuff I can do here on the hill before it get to the shop :color:

I spayed down the front seat bolts yesterday and pulled the seats out this morning and stored them in the shop :glasses7:

my little place on earth :D

Attachments

• 1A1.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 258
  • 1a2.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 224
Glad to see your getting ready to get the old girl back on the road. What all are you doing to the new transplant?

Glad to see your getting ready to get the old girl back on the road. What all are you doing to the new transplant?

The 360 is already tested and fresh with about 50 hours on it, ported and matched intake and heads, 287. 301 lift cam, new 904 5 stack clutch (HD trans) tested and drove 50 hours setting waiting for the install Stan :cheers:

A little sore from moving seats and storing them in my little shop :D

Attachments

• 1a11.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 232
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::burnout::D.After seeing Keith,s close-up pic of your face Mike(with his 66 Valiant in the lenses)I think I see some idea,s for Victoria brewing.LOL

Now to stay at home and build up my disc Brake money again and get the show on the road for one :burnout: Scott, or maybe two :burnout:

I sure love that car !
Thank you Dartr6 :glasses7: I just got a call from my son :cheers: Time to bring my 360 home her on the hill for some photo time and change out my truck pan to my A body center sump pan :color:, I hope my two sons cane spend some time with me soon :glasses7: I sure do miss them :)

My day on the hill :color: preppin/Cleanin and Gillin :color:

Attachments

• 01AAAAAAAAAA.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 192
  • 01AAAAAAAAAAA.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 187
Thank's to a member here from the Stop in for a cup of coffee thread halifaxhops :glasses7: I have my sure grip unit for my 8 1/4 rear end :color:

A very hot day today #-o 96 and I ended up in the sun pressure washing (My friend over the next hill did for me) That pressure machine was a monster :toothy1: After he was dun it was my turn :cheers: So as they sat in the cool shop I was painting POR 15 in what felt like 120 degree sun shine today :glasses7:

Attachments

• 01AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 143
  • 01AAAAAAAA.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 140
Sounds like hot work there Mike! Rear end looks really good. Must have been beer time when you got done with that.

I wish :D Not today, I got a little over heated maybe and came home about 3pm and showered then crashed for 3 hours :glasses7: The rear end is in great shape Stan :cheers: No rust or dents on the backing plates at all :color: it is still hanging on my friends tractor bucket till tomorrow :glasses7: I might enjoy one tomorrow :color:

-
Back