Time to get started.

-
Sounds like a plan Mike, can't wait to the progress. And the tire smoke from the first burn out!
My son said I should put my 13" on and hammer it for a good /6 burn out
before I take the engine and trans out Stan :burnout: sounds like a must do video to me :glasses7:

Thank you WRB426, I now have some Schumacher S6 to 340/360 motor mounts for 63-66 A bodies:cheers:

Attachments

• DSC02530.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 326
My son said I should put my 13" on and hammer it for a good /6 burn out before I take the engine and trans out Stan :burnout: sounds like a must do video to me :glasses7:
I'm inclined to agree! Before and after burnouts

Thank you WRB426, I now have some Schumacher S6 to 340/360 motor mounts for 63-66 A bodies:cheers:
sweet! Getting closer!

Moved on it today again MoparDaddy :glasses7: It was a cool day on the hill ( 78 at noon) :cheers:
That Carb (390 Holley) has never leaked or gave me any problem :glasses7:
Wow the last time I seen the inside of my intake was well over 4 years ago, looks like a good cleaning and put it up on the chopping block for sale one day soon :glasses7:
I removed the Radiator but did not down size the pictures from my phone yet :banghead:
I still need a camera, sorry for the junk pictures

Attachments

• 69818_168407529841268_100000160677390_581069_625332_n.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 290
  • 10636127_907414135940600_2375276028023463912_n.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 304
  • 10660299_907432645938749_7589419961722896345_n.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 278
Moved on it today again MoparDaddy :glasses7: It was a cool day on the hill ( 78 at noon) :cheers: That Carb (390 Holley) has never leaked or gave me any problem :glasses7: Wow the last time I seen the inside of my intake was well over 4 years ago, looks like a good cleaning and put it up on the chopping block for sale one day soon :glasses7: I removed the Radiator but did not down size the pictures from my phone yet :banghead: I still need a camera, sorry for the junk pictures
because Holley....

Go Mike Go! This thread is so much fun from beginning to present. (not beginning to end because the end will never happen) Good luck with your mods. We will all enjoy the ride along the way. You will have a tire smoker like Keith when you're done!
Mike

67389]Go Mike Go! This thread is so much fun from beginning to present. (not beginning to end because the end will never happen) Good luck with your mods. We will all enjoy the ride along the way. You will have a tire smoker like Keith when you're done!
Mike[/QUOTE]
thank you Mike :color:
It will be a labor of love and this has sparked a new fire in my hart & mind.
A shower is moving in in a couple day so I hope to have the intake and split manifolds
off tomorrow ... still one step at a time for me and spend a day cleaning the parts up on the rain day.

How you fixed for exhaust? I've got a set of 273 manifolds ("66 Cuda) I'll send you if you need them...

Ain't saying you gotta use them, but you could sell them for enough to make the difference between a set of Hooker fenderwells or a set of Doug's chassis exit...

i have read multiple times that the magnum truck manifolds fit the early a with a small block. i picked up a set just for that reason for $40 at local pick and pull. gonna see how they fit in my 65 valiant. even if you had to angle mill to get em to fit it would be well worth it. they are suppose to flow pretty dang good for manny's

Ain't saying you gotta use them, but you could sell them for enough to make the difference between a set of Hooker fenderwells or a set of Doug's chassis exit...
Thank you David, I am going to need more flow for my 360 .

i have read multiple times that the magnum truck manifolds fit the early a with a small block. i picked up a set just for that reason for $40 at local pick and pull. gonna see how they fit in my 65 valiant. even if you had to angle mill to get em to fit it would be well worth it. they are suppose to flow pretty dang good for manny's

Thank you younggun, I have been looking at this and still on the fence becouse I can't find where anyone with an early A has dun this, and if they did give me a magnum part number and year to get them out of for sure, wish I knew for sure myself and they would jump in with a not so confusing long drawn out post :D I get confuzzed easy :glasses7:

Then you could trim back outer steering column sleeve and install a colar bearing
Well younggun I here ya and think I know what you are saying.
Are you talking about the steering coupler ? And do somthing to it ? Or are you talking about whete the steering comes out on the fire wall ? Sorry.. a picture would help i guess.
And the correct year/cast number of what manifolds off a 360 .
I must be getting tired .. I ain't going to say old :D

Well younggun I here ya and think I know what you are saying.
Are you talking about the steering coupler ? And do somthing to it ? Or are you talking about whete the steering comes out on the fire wall ? Sorry.. a picture would help i guess.
And the correct year/cast number of what manifolds off a 360 .
I must be getting tired .. I ain't going to say old :D

this is mine. i got a 52mm outside dia. 1" inside dia. collar bearing on ebay for $7. take apart the column and cut outter housing just above the linkage hole and insert bearing. creates a nice clean look, makes steering column ALOT smoother and eliminates the slop from the bottom bearing being shot. it also creates a bit more room for headers. i will be using a flaming river universal joint on steering box end.

:cheers: WOW! Thank you younggun. You sure fixed me up young man :color:

:cheers: WOW! Thank you younggun. You sure fixed me up young man :color:

before you order the bearing check your steering shaft dia. the early a body has i think a 3/4" shaft. i ordered two bearings with the 1" inside dia when i did my 67 dart. my 65 had a 3/4" steering shaft so i made a small shim to round my steering shaft and inside the bearing.

Thank you younggun, you have gone far beyond helping me on my V8 transformation :color:
I will show my helper that has a SHOP these pictures and right up :glasses7:
once again thank you much :cheers:

hopefully I will get the drive shaft and trans member backed off and pull the /6 this week :cheers:
in the last pictures those are the 13'' wheels and tires that came with/stock on Victoria :D

Attachments

• 10314590_910876232261057_2192009368724905410_n.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 180
  • 10646990_910876502261030_6591627126221433890_n.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 196
hopefully I will get the drive shaft and trans member backed off and pull the /6 this week :cheers: in the last pictures those are the 13'' wheels and tires that came with/stock on Victoria :D
dutra duels?

-
Back