Time to get started.

-
My plan for the evening to watch some drag racing and get my J.D. 00000.1 distributor came to a flying halt yesterday :eek:ops: I should have wore different shoes before I went out
to the nest, or I pulled something moving Buddy's kennel :banghead:
I got as fare as removing the old dizzy and wires, marked the old dizzy and stood up :eek:ops:

Another day I quess ](*,)

Attachments

• May 19 2013 in the nest 023.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 397
  • May 19 2013 in the nest 029.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 398
  • May 19 2013 in the nest 032.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 396
The start of a great day and today :blob::blob::blob:
I have my Johnny Dart recurved distributor in :cheers:
and might I say

O my God I need a rev limiter now

She is golden Johnny Dart

Once I get to about 3.200 rpm she zips and I have to quick shift :burnout: Wow!
At a low cruising speed in 3rd gear about 35 mph do not down shift ;) unless everything is tied down in the truck because when she hit's about 3.300 or more
yea better be ready to shift :happy7: and do not miss a gear :shock: she rev's
like a 2 stroke at this time :cheers: unlike before with out a recurved distributor she would just climb in speed , unbelievable how she carries threw the gears now \\:D/... her nose stays up now Johnny Dart :cheers:
The tack (thank you ramchager) moves almost to fast for me after 4.100 rpm's now :bounce: memikie likie :D

I drove in town this morning to pick up a new cap and rotor and set it about
13 degrees initial and right at 33 Total if the timing light dial is correct I borrowed...... New pictures tomorrow, I enjoyed a drive to town picking a few things up after it was all dun and set , wow I am so glad Johnny Dart took the time to watch an old Video of mine and made this recommendation :cheers:

Attachments

• RECURVE Slant six J.D. 029.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 412
  • RECURVE Slant six J.D. 031.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 410
  • RECURVE Slant six J.D. 008.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 387
  • RECURVE Slant six J.D. 007.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 388
Well I have time on my hands and forgot to update my restoration thread

This is one of the best things I have dun
Thanks to Johnny Dart that noticed the lack of performance in a video I have on youtube

My little 170/6 runs great :cheers: and I always thought it was doing great till I made the move and pulled the trigger on getting a distributor built and recurved by our member Johnny Dart :prayer: Thank you sir :cheers:

After driving Victoria a few miles around the house I knew that this recurve thing was a big time update, Frank (66aCUDA) always told me I needed to have it dun but I was happy with all the updates I have dun :cheers:
Frank!! You was right brother, the Holley would not send the vacuum that was needed to my distributor to make the advance work properly :toothy9:
I can feel the little HP I have all the way threw the low end that I did not know I could have, now I need a rev limiter because when I see my tack hit 4.000 I have to be in a hurry to shift.......... O MY Goodness what a difference having the dizzy jump in when it should :thumleft:
I drove 130 miles and it is ready to jump with out getting a run to pass some one, Victoria stands tall and keeps her nose up at a stab at 60 mph in third gear with may standard 3 speed on the tree :shock:
Another great move on my part :cheers: and I should have listened to Frank (66aCUDA) a long time ago, Thank you Johnny Dart for the privet pm you and I shared and showing me the way my California friend =D>
If anyone has a /6 with a four barrel that will not read and work the advance needed to move the fuel and spark this is a must do IMO and experience :sign7::sign7: I will get a new video and time slip to help with the understanding I have experienced very soon Johnny Dart.

Nothing pretty and neat yet, Mother nature took care of that a year ago, but one day it will be :glasses7:

Attachments

• 2013 Victoria updates 001.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 360
  • 2013 Victoria updates 002.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 364
  • 2013 Victoria updates 004.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 358
  • Blydville drive away cancer 050.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 361
  • Blydville drive away cancer 096.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 363
  • Blydville drive away cancer 097.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 361
My day at the track :burnout:
It sure felt good to go make my way to the Finals and take out a 350 V8 chevy suburban with my peg leg 170 cubic inch 3 on the tree MoPar
To much spin leaving but a good light won this race :glasses7:
Thank you Johnny Dart :thumleft: Victoria kept her chin up and I caught him on the fare end :burnout:.

As promised I went back for redemption :cheers:

Not a bad reaction to for this old fart, A ,695 (.400 being a perfect light with out breaking out) and working a clutch :D if I say so myself.

Making Memories ( M&M's)

Attachments

• George Ray's 2013 039.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 336
  • George Ray's 2013 088.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 339
  • My first win 2013 George Rays 056.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 341
  • My first win 2013 George Rays 062.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 343
  • My first win 2013 George Rays 063.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 342
Good going Mike, now Victoria has a crown!

Thank you Stan, I never thought of it that way :glasses7: But you are right :cheers:
This is her very first crown, and what better place then at George Rays old drag strip and did it taking a V8 Chevy out :cheers: A great day and it did not come easy, took the time to tune and change out my big heavy 14'' Ralley wheels and tire and brave the heat to get this dun
I would have never dun it with out Johnny Darts recurve distributor J.D..00001
dizzy kept her noise up and pulled hard :cheers:

Nothing new to report, I took my brother for a 70 mile road trip in her and seen some family and Pete could not believe how warm and comfy she is, yes it was 26 degree's here that morning ...... Thank you Keith & Stan just looking back at my year this morning .
I am looking forward to do a few things to her this winter :glasses7: I need some Victoria time :coffee2:

Mike I'm glad to hear you got to spend some quality time with your brother and family. I'll be waiting for updates on your progress with Victoria.

Mike I'm glad to hear you got to spend some quality time with your brother and family. I'll be waiting for updates on your progress with Victoria.
Thank you Stan, first thing will be all maintenance :D set/check valve lash, pull all 4 wheel grease and check brake's... I just did the trans grease 7/15/13 check the wheel bearing and then I may put my new big valve shaved head on that has been waiting on me :glasses7:, I have never had any U-joint wear but I will check them as well......... she has 69.007 miles on her now :D

Attachments

• Picture%20222%20123.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 307
  • Picture%20222%20122.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 313
Hey memike, I can't wait to hear how Victoria runs when you install the new head. I bet you'll kick some more arse @ the track next year & bring home some more hardware :thumrigh:

Maybe bring her to MMW ? :poke: 8-)

That head will REALLY wake the ol girl up! Lol can't wait to see what you accomplish next mike! I love seeing these updates! Great job on your big win too bud!

Congrat Mike. I can't wait to see the next updates. And thank you for adding to my list of things to get done.

Congrat Mike. I can't wait to see the next updates. And thank you for adding to my list of things to get done.
I am happy I could remind you Hemipar, and I am sure I can add to the list of
things I want to get dun :coffee2:
badlilred79 :coffee2: Victoria is doing great, she is in her nest staying high nd dry :cheers:

Attachments

• Duals%20all%20HOOKED%20UP%20011.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 242
Well it finely happened It popped up 7 days ago and I waited and waited to strike and it will be here on the hill soon Taking some body roll out and adding some corner carving in
Victoria's mix Wow it has been a long wait. Yea Geof I finely found Victoria an OEM sway bar :cheers:

Attachments

• 59942_770050799676935_22846445_n.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 229
hey memike just went threw your whole thread, miss Vicky just keeps getting better everyday. I always look forward to catching up on here during my hometime as driving a semi keeps me out 3wks at a time. keep up the great work

^^^^Very cool find, do you prefer OEM sway bar to aftermarket?
No but I do the price David, saved myself $150.00
to get this dun I had the Hellwig sway bar in my sights and about ready to pull the trigger then I lost little brother and took care of his needs in November, Victoria is a few days away from being drove to a lift and getting many things dun by a great show/hot rode builder to get this all dun :cheers:

hey memike just went threw your whole thread, miss Vicky just keeps getting better everyday. I always look forward to catching up on here during my hometime as driving a semi keeps me out 3wks at a time. keep up the great work
Thank you ef8340 :glasses7: my restoration sure is drawled out :coffee2: but like the tittle says A Little at a time
Stay safe out there :glasses7:

A little at a time is all it takes! I for one seem to have more fun plugging away at the little things more than anything else

A little at a time is all it takes! I for one seem to have more fun plugging away at the little things more than anything else
I do to Cliff :color: But it seems like when I go out to do something becouse it is nice outside I just want to take her for a drive and enjoy the country side and give her a shack down (so to speak) this year, But that is about to change :cheers:
I fixed up my great builder with a lap top and down loaded some music in it and showed him how to do it 8), I did have help from the Geek squad :D
I love the Barter system, so just a heads up folks, there will be movement in this thread :cheers:

My son Creed has a sway bar in his Ramcharger and mine does not :banghead:
Stan!! lets just say you are going to love it, I drove Creeds Ramcharger and it is like night and day :glasses7: his is much more stable with (seems like) zero body roll and you can bet I will be doing the same to mine ramcharger this summer 8)
Mine is a white 85 model with an 86 grill in it, his was built in Mexico and is an 89 model, his is wet in this picture.

Attachments

• Brother DAN 071.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 181
  • Avenger 1 001.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 178
Cool Ramchargers. We don't see too many of them up here as they rust out with our winters....

Cool Ramchargers. We don't see too many of them up here as they rust out with our winters....
Thank you Karl, I have owned 3 in my life and this one will not be sold :cheers:
Now Creeds on the other hand who knows but we love the rear grip/bight they get and inclosed lock up area, yes they are getting hard to find with out rust or banged up a bit.

What engines do you guys have in those Ramchargers? 318, 360?

I love the old Mopar 4x4's of that era. We used to have a 79 Warlock II 4x4 stepside that we used to pull our car trailer with. It was great after we rebuilt the engine. My brother and I built the engine together while I had a broken leg in a full leg cast when I was 18 years old. I still remember hopping around on one leg without my crutches between the engine and work bench to file the rings to the proper gap.

The stock 360 2bbl would only get a little over 9 MPG pulling a car on the trailer. We pulled the engine, honed it, bought 9.5:1 pistons for it, file fit the rings with tight gaps (low side of the spec), double roller timing chain, Crane 340 replacement cam with Rhoades lifters, Wiand dual plane intake, I think we had a Carter 625 carb, and headman headers into turbo mufflers that exited just under the step.

With the new rebuild, we would get 11.6 MPG pulling a trailer and much more power! I could put the truck in low at a stop light and race the local Mustang GT's of that era and could keep on their front fender up to 45 MPH off a light. They were so pissed off that a 4x4 could give them that good of a run.

Even our non-Mopar friends respected our truck. They would say that it could pull a house off of its foundation.

The guy that we ended up finally selling it to, went mudding with some of his Chebby buddies. They would give him a hard time for driving a Dodge. One of them got stuck in the mud, and our old Dodge pulled him out with no problem. His Chebby buddies got very quiet about Dodge trucks after that....

Man, that was one great truck.

-
Back