Time to get started.

-
I do to Cliff :color: But it seems like when I go out to do something becouse it is nice outside I just want to take her for a drive and enjoy the country side and give her a shack down (so to speak) this year, But that is about to change :cheers: I fixed up my great builder with a lap top and down loaded some music in it and showed him how to do it 8), I did have help from the Geek squad :D I love the Barter system, so just a heads up folks, there will be movement in this thread :cheers:
lol I'm chuck. Cliff is OldTiredRebel

lol I'm chuck. Cliff is OldTiredRebel
:eek:ops: and :eek:ops: sorry about that Chuck, I am the worlds worse name rememberer :eek:ops: Just ask my wife Chuck, she has been on the receiving end
of my bad name remembrance and see me do it all the time. :banghead:
I think is was somthing my grandma and family put in the cornbread.

Hay Chuck I got it right this time) I am the worlds :toothy1:

Up date time on parts :cheers:
Well after many years of searching I found a factory stock front Barracuda sway bar and tabs to give me that feel I want on my little 66 Sedan Victoria :cheers:
Keeping the 170 low deck slant this should be a great fit 8)
I am also looking at a set of 71 V8 car (Dart) leaf springs at this moment from a great member here :thumleft:
The air shocks will be coming off and some good gas shocks going on in all four corners :cheers:
As well as a good old stock ECU 8)
Now!!! No more pictures of Victoria till close to or at spring :toothy1:

Attachments

• Creeds Ford Truck 460 057.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 458
  • Creeds Ford Truck 460 061.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 455
  • photo 3.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 457
Very nice mike! Can't wait to see those installed and hear about the difference they made!

Very nice mike! Can't wait to see those installed and hear about the difference they made!

Creed said that his axles are drilled and installed with his new wheels and tires on and ready to fluid his 460 up and sent me a picture of it on the ground :cheers: I am expecting a call from him to come over and hear it run and take it for its first voyage 8)
It won't be long now :cheers: he is coming over today at 2pm to get his hood
he has been storing in Victoria's nest for a year now :thumleft:
Victoria will be getting a sway bar installed, dual pod MC and a set of good springs so I can ditch the air shocks 8) My liitle at a time is working out :cheers:

Attachments

• Creeds 1950 ford build going big block 007.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 419
From our great member working man whitepunkonnitro (Tony in Tennessee) :cheers: These was removed from a 71 dart 318 stick car with an 8 3/4 rear end :coffee2:
these should do well I think :smile: and I will be able to get rid of the air shocks These are gong on my little 66 /6 Valiant Sedan along with the sway bar I should feel a big difference, and may even corner quite well being a lite car.
We will see soon, Creed gets his drive shaft Friday :cheers: so it won't be long now, then Victoria will be in surgery on the lift so I can watch Creed and my friend get many things dun (yes I said watch) my labor and shop time has been pre paid (barter system) for the last year and a half worked great for all of us :glasses7:

Attachments

• Victoria's 71 Dart V8 stick springs 002.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 395
  • Victoria's 71 Dart V8 stick springs 003.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 405
  • Victoria's 71 Dart V8 stick springs 004.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 408
  • Victoria's 71 Dart V8 stick springs 006.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 391
Krazy Karel !!

My white 85 has a RV 318 2 barrel, Creeds Mexican 88 model and has a sway bar up front (unlike mine) and a 360 booth (totally rust free) Ramchargers, not sure what they get per gallon, but we sure enjoy them and have been great drivers this winter, I had a prospector 360 4X4 that could and did pull like a team of mules, chevy just don't have a good system and limited to (from what I seen ) just one tire spin up front seems to me, Ford is the only 4X4 that could get close to pulling like a Dodge JMO..
Creed has put many miles on his this year :D

Attachments

• CIMG3076.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 371
Well after a long wait for my turn in the shop Victoria is going to be out of my hands for some time for surgery and updates :cheers:
My friend on the other side of the hill said bring Victoria and leave the keys in her today
She will be in good hands :glasses7: My friend of 27 years has been a hot rod builder and mechanic for well over 35 years and Creed my son will be there for his specialty:glasses7: Body work and change out fenders and lower quarter panels
RamWagon has new tires and ready for my daily needs (has been for a year now) so today is the day I have been waiting for :blob::blob::blob:
I will be taking pictures as she is updated with new and better parts that you can see in this thread I have been posting and gathering for a few years now :D

Everyone remember all the men and ladies that have gave us the freedom to do what we do, I thank all of you for the life I have been given to enjoy as each day is resieved and not taken for granted Enjoy your Memorial Day Strongend (Weekend)

What engines do you guys have in those Ramchargers? 318, 360?

I love the old Mopar 4x4's of that era. We used to have a 79 Warlock II 4x4 stepside that we used to pull our car trailer with. It was great after we rebuilt the engine. My brother and I built the engine together while I had a broken leg in a full leg cast when I was 18 years old. I still remember hopping around on one leg without my crutches between the engine and work bench to file the rings to the proper gap.

The stock 360 2bbl would only get a little over 9 MPG pulling a car on the trailer. We pulled the engine, honed it, bought 9.5:1 pistons for it, file fit the rings with tight gaps (low side of the spec), double roller timing chain, Crane 340 replacement cam with Rhoades lifters, Wiand dual plane intake, I think we had a Carter 625 carb, and headman headers into turbo mufflers that exited just under the step.

With the new rebuild, we would get 11.6 MPG pulling a trailer and much more power! I could put the truck in low at a stop light and race the local Mustang GT's of that era and could keep on their front fender up to 45 MPH off a light. They were so pissed off that a 4x4 could give them that good of a run.

Even our non-Mopar friends respected our truck. They would say that it could pull a house off of its foundation.

The guy that we ended up finally selling it to, went mudding with some of his Chebby buddies. They would give him a hard time for driving a Dodge. One of them got stuck in the mud, and our old Dodge pulled him out with no problem. His Chebby buddies got very quiet about Dodge trucks after that....

Man, that was one great truck.

So sorry I missed this Karl :eek:ops:
I have a RV 318 2 barrel 2 wheel drive (white) and Creed has a 360 4 barrel 88 model and we love them :cheers: I have owned 2.
I amd seeing about 16 MPG in my 2 wheel drive KK, not sure what Creed is getting.
I like the way my Ramcharger applies traction to the rear for climbing hills and gives me a great ride :glasses7:, this winter I will have a set of tall mud grapplers put on an extra set of wheels for the rear to get Treva and I up the hill and drive her to work and such :glasses7:
WOW!! sounds like you and your brother had a dandy 4X4 :cheers: and it was a Warlock :cheers: wow I bet you wish you still had that :glasses7: sounds like you two hit on a good build as well, better MPG and a screemer at that :burnout:

Nice to see Victoria getting the makeover she needs MeMike.:cheers:I,ll be waiting in the wings for progress pics.:glasses7:

Nice to see Victoria getting the makeover she needs MeMike.:cheers:I,ll be waiting in the wings for progress pics.:glasses7:

I just plugged my Camera in to get charged for some (leaving the hill ) pictures I will post this evening Scott :D Thank you :glasses7:

This is exciting news, Victoria getting her long-awaited makeover, look forward to pics. Congrats Mike!

I am working on a camera to use to post updates with as she gets updates David, It felt weird not seeing her here this morning but so so happy it's her/my turn in the shop :cheers:
looking out side seems so deferent now :glasses7:
She is in good hands :glasses7: I have dun all the work to her up till now by myself :D
Now a pair of pro's are going to do some heavy and well needed updats to her :cheers:

Attachments

• SUPER BOWL IVIV 2010 220.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 300
  • Axle bearing change 119.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 307

Here yea go Scott :cheers:
Wow!! this don't feel like the old Victoria Scott :D Day and night differance having a sway bar on and 3200 lb springs on the back of
a 2700 lb 66 /6 Sedan driver.
She is grooving the old Arkansas roads with a steedy hip :D Memikie Likie :cheers:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 290
  • 3.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 279
  • mike 1.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 281
No sway and weak area's in this girl :glasses7: Oh lala :D she feels so good :happy10:

Attachments

• tumblr_mvcw66OIjV1qcdxvpo1_1280.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 274
Very cool Mike :glasses7:

Thank you Keith. .I took her for a shake down again when the weather cleared up
and she rides and drive's like a happy rally car :cheers:
These three updates SURE made a giant differents.

That's awesome mike! Glad she likes her new groove! 8)
Oh she feels so good chuck :cheers: I drove her a coupe miles threw some curves before the front sway bar was put on and I drove her back to my friends shop with a big smile on my face and said :cheers:I don't think she even needs a front sway bar now :D:D.. BUT!! Creed and my friend said NO Mike!!! the front sway bar is going on and not leave till what I wanted dun to begin with :thumleft:
The last Mopar I had that felt like this was my 73 E Body 340 4 speed car as I approach a curve and
now when I throttle up in the middle of a curve she has a great feel with little to no sway :happy10:
My thoughts and dreams of this little old lady feeling like a little Rally car has came to reality:D even if it did take over a year of buying parts to have ready for this day :cheers:
I believe I have added = 21lb's = solid 7/8'' V8 1966 barracuda sway bar, springs that I bought from a member from a 73 4 door V8 Dart are 16 lbs heavier each than the 1966 /6 leaf springs that was on Victoria :glasses7: added weight = 53lbs
I had a hunch these springs and sway bar would wake my little lite Sedan up in the handling department and boy I hit it right on :D some times things just work out don't they :happy10:

Victoria and I are happy..

Attachments

• kennies%20camera%20$##$%20148.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 236
Good for you and Victoria, now she's ready to go cruising!
And she has had some crusing time in the last few days Stan :cheers:
I can't get over how great she drives and feels now :glasses7:

Next move will be maintenance on the normal things
I enjoy, set valve lash (it's been a year..3700 miles) seem like #5 exhaust
backs off after a winter cycle and grease change trans oil and I may aswell put my newly powder coated valve cover on and check my plugs while I am there.
Repack front bearings and do a visual on my U-joint's
with this little Low Deck 170 ci. I need all the fluid dynamics I can get
to make a good showing at George Ray's Birthday Race this year
Maybe I can win the 12 class two years in a row :burnout:
that reminds me!!! Cable down the drivers side engine mount to keep my three on the tree shifting linkage stable for clean shifting .

Life said to me = Mike!! It's time to put your 36? Engine back on the track
and enjoy that V8 rumple of mother Mopar sound and power in front of a slick
904 automatic :color:
Pulling the /6 and selling my four barrel 390 Hollley and split
manifolds.
Time to get started has been awaken :D

Life said to me = Mike!! It's time to put your 36? Engine back on the track and enjoy that V8 rumple of mother Mopar sound and power in front of a slick 904 automatic :color: Pulling the /6 and selling my four barrel 390 Hollley and split manifolds. Time to get started has been awaken :D
ooh! Can't wait to see some progress pics!

-
Back