Time to get started.

-
Well things have changed and I want to thank buffon88 and everyone that has kept me going and has been with me on my daily driver :glasses7:
I do have an up date on this Time To Get Started thread..
This was the best I could do to get Victoria in a better nest to rest her's and my bones and keep us out of the weather and lock all my tools up

The ladies first nest has been good to us :glasses7: but know she has an Eagles Nest 12'X24' :cheers:
As you can see I built me a loft for storage for things that was making my cottage smaller :) lol

Attachments

• kennies%20camera%20$##$%20081.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 470
  • Man Cave part 1 034.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 470
  • Got to to what ya gata 111.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 475
  • Got to to what ya gata 125.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 447
  • Got to to what ya gata 110.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 459
  • Man Cave part 1 057.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 467
  • Man Cave part 1 060.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 459
He memike nice Eagles Nest you have build :)))))))))))))))))))
and Yes Sir bring your bones in the save area !

He memike nice Eagles Nest you have build :)))))))))))))))))))
and Yes Sir bring your bones in the save area !
Thank you PapstXX :grin:
I can get Grundy ins on her know :blob: They wanted me to have a safe place to park her to get a better rate and coverage :glasses7:

Yes :cheers::cheers: We all know how hard and pert near imposable it is to find solid untouched 1/4's for these 66 A bodies and I have a great pair here on the hill now
I snagged these up here from a member early one morning and was lucky I was up and on this site to get my I WANT THEM post in before a few jumped in and said they did if I did not follow threw :cheers:
I hope I get this right :confused: blewbyu sold these great 1/4's to me and shipped them promptly :cheers:
Another step forward on getting my girl show worthy and solid :cheers:
She sure has been great to me and now all body work will be getting started soon. Had to share my new parts/skin for my girl.. memike is sooo happy to finely find these badly needed parts :cheers: at a great price :cheers:

I will post a couple pictures later of my old wheel well lips, and rear lower 1/4's that have been repaired many years ago and I did not want to try and bend new lips or pay some one to try and do it right, yep me so happy :cheers:

Attachments

• March 2012 1966 parts 021.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 431
  • March 2012 1966 parts 003.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 418
  • March 2012 1966 parts 002.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 415
  • March 2012 1966 parts 001.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 432
Awsome deal Mike!
Thank you Noel :cheers: I totally agree and as promised pictures after 4 years of daily driving and used year around I used (paint in my computer) to show the color she is suppose to be and she will look Great when she is all fixed up :thumbup:
I changed her oil yesterday and man it sure was nice in the eagles nest as the rain feel out side :color:

As you can see in the picture of the front grill you can see the original color on the hood safety release. :happy1:

Attachments

• March 2012 1966 parts 050.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 411
  • March 2012 1966 parts 051.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 425
  • March 2012 1966 parts 052.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 409
  • March 2012 1966 parts 047.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 420
  • March 2012 1966 parts 053.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 405
I know she needs a good bath, living on the hill has it's draw back's but well worth it :grin: I told ya I will keep her on the road :cheers: and she is on her way to 70.000 miles, I think she had 54.000 when I was blest with her in my life :grin:

Nice score Mike!!

Thank you 4spdcuda66 :) It sure has been good to have a clean dry place to park in and not worry about a limb falling on her here on the hill.
My son Creed is putting it to good use also :D he has a complete new after market front suspension disc brakes, coil springs A arm stored in the eagles nest for his 50 furd truck :)
I have enjoyed some alone time out there for sure :cheers:

Attachments

• March 2012 022.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 370
  • Man Cave part 247 day 035.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 395
  • Man Cave part 247 day 009.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 397
Well it's about time I get this started/dun. Cleaning the black suet off from the lighting strike fire, I have all the wiring replaced and been driving her.
but I must say I should have dun this earlier this year..:sign3:
It's Hotter then a witches Ta TA's in a brass bra outside .
A little at a time as we all know by now for me :-k

As you can see Creed is building his engine for his 50 model ford in the nest :happy2:

And yes I still have room to keep her in out of the weather :toothy8:

Attachments

• Creeds 1950 ford build going big block 027.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 371
  • Creeds 1950 ford build going big block 020.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 368
  • Creeds 1950 ford build going big block 013.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 361
Victoria's under hood is cleaning up good. It's hot hot hot here too and the mosquitos are on the attack.

No mosquitos to speak of on the hill, to dry :D it did finely rain last night :cheers: Same here to darn hot here :shaking2:

I remember this day :shaking2::shaking2:

Attachments

• Spring%202011%20218.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 339
  • Spring%202011%20215.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 326
  • Creeds 1950 ford build going big block 017.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 341
Those quarter panels look xlnt Mike and very kool that you found them from a member here.

Can't wait to see the progress on Victoria :D

Those quarter panels look xlnt Mike and very kool that you found them from a member here.

Can't wait to see the progress on Victoria :D
Thank you siter C , they are in great shape and I am sure you know how hard it is to find this one year only metal :happy2:

Nice new home for Victoria....
Yes Tincup, I can finely get better insurance on her and lock my tools up and keep her high and dry :cheers: Thank you :happy2:

Glad to see your enjoying working on Victoria, now it's about time for a shot of tequila!!!
You should have seen me yesterday :D Home alone and not to bad outside for a change :happy1: I went threw 7 cold ones and 3 shots of Tequila yesterday :happy1:
I got a little more dun and added/replaced my plastic over flow bottle along with servicing my Generator, Lawn mower and washed 3 shot glasses :D

Attachments

• Creeds 1950 ford build going big block 052.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 338
  • Creeds 1950 ford build going big block 051.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 303
  • Creeds 1950 ford build going big block 050.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 305
  • Creeds 1950 ford build going big block 048.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 329
Amazing what you've done. Not many can say they were able to completely overhaul that small engine, then get hit by lightning, then bring it back to life. It's like a Frankenstein now. :)

Amazing what you've done. Not many can say they were able to completely overhaul that small engine, then get hit by lightning, then bring it back to life. It's like a Frankenstein now. :)

That is soooo good Frankenstein :cheers: I never thought of it that way :D

I did my 12.000 mile valve adjustment and I think it was #4 and #5 exhaust and # 2 and 4 intake valve adjustment was ready, It sounds perfect :happy1:
As you can see I removed the valve cover and let it warm up and do a visual and set at 0.010 on the intake and 0.020 on the exhaust
Know I need to send Stan a pm with a tracking # and get back out there :D

Attachments

• My must sell 8 2012 025.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 269
  • My must sell 8 2012 026.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 283
Keep on keeping on. She will live a long life with you.
I believe you are right chrylerfat, I treat her like a queen :happy2: in my own eye's :D
I pulled the gas line loose an removed the valve cover and put the gas line back on and fired her up with the idle turned down to about 6.000 rpm and the little 170/ was still spitting oil :thumbrig:
This 66k mile engine is hanging in there for sure chryler :happy1:
It sure felt good to spend this time with her :happy1:
I will make another video of what a solid lift slant sounds like :cool:

It's getting tight in the eagles nest but still plenty of room to do maintenance and keep her in the dry and locked up :cheers:

Attachments

• My must sell 8 2012 027.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 253
  • My must sell 8 2012 028.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 254
Looking at this [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7pWRqAZIJM&feature=related"]3M Panel Bonding - YouTube[/ame]

:cheers:He Memike nice to see your nest for your eagle :))))))):cheers:
Hello Paps :cheers: Yes it is a dry and safe nest for Victoria and I :smile:
I hope to enjoy some time out there in the next 6 mounths
I am looking at getting started on my patch panels and install a perfect
right side fender.
One step at a time :cheers:, I am looking at the new 3M glue for my patch
work on the 1/4's and I am liking what I am seeing..

I will be doing left and right 1/4'es this way. and a perfect front fender
on the passenger side.
I think I like the glue better and it seals the patch, I will still use seam sealer
on it.

Attachments

• Creeds 1950 ford build going big block 141.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 245
Hi memike, just spent the last hour reading your thread. My kid has a 74' swinger with the 225. I would have to believe most of your upgrades would be a good way to proceed with a overhaul/freshen up/perk up? Of course it already has the electronic ignition, but exhaust and stuff should be the same basically right? Would like to find a better carb maybe? Our first /6 so it's all new to me. Been searching the threads for /6 upgrades. Thanks

-
Back