Tincup's 63 Dart w/5.7 Hemi

-
X2!

I was at the Adirondack Nationals, saw the car in person and met Tin. I'm glad I walked the show a second time because I don't think the car was there during my first time through in the morning. Anyway, pictures don't do the car justice. What an awesome build! This car redefines early A's.

What an incredible show, we definitely had a blast. They block off the streets and let all the show cars cruise and of course burn some rubber. Check out youtube [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tjhpGdkQo4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tjhpGdkQo4[/ame]

Nice to meet you Mr. Ed, and thanks for the kudos...

Tin, do you or White Trash still do gas tanks? I was wondering if you could make an ss tank to match the factory tank for early As (with the spare tire well cut out)?

Sorry Easy, I do not. You could try Rock Valley.

Tin, you must be so bored now not having to work on the car anymore.

Actually Tim, I am starting work on a 65 Dart for a customer. It is going to be more of a resto-mod with a 5.7Hemi, Alter K, etc. but keep all the chrome, interior. Should be cool....

Here is a pic of the wife and I getting our Top 50 award at the Adirondack Nationals.

Attachments

• adnats1.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 1,263
Oh man, that is going to be so nice. Please keep us up to date with your motor installation, very interesting. What trans are you putting in?

hi TinCup, nice looking Dart, and HEMI too. I also have an early A Body, 65 Dart GT, but I'm going with a Big Block, 400. As soon as I figure out how, I'll post some pictures on here. I also have a little experience with putting 5.7's in hot rod projects. I have a 33 Dodge P/U on a t-bucket chassis, 5.7/545rfe. When I built my 33, there was NO ONE building a harness that would control the German Auto Trans from the Challenger/Charger/Magnum. This is/was a shame as the German is a bit stouter and considerably smaller. Using the 545rfe, I have quite a large tunnel in the car, would be nice to have that foot room back.

If/since you are this far into the HEMI Swap, I assume you know this already or have found someone that has started making a controller/harness for the smaller, German Trans.

Attachments

• Engine 12 Big Block Weight on Wheels.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 1,013
  • In Driveway.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 987
Mini-tubbing 101. Here are a couple of shots of the rear tubs, tires fit great now. I'm running 285-40-18's
1678.jpg

1679.jpg

1697.jpg
Pretty much wish I had not seen this... man... currently 17x8s with 225/50s, I "think" I can get a 245 under the stock well on these same wheels. Looks as if you've added about 2"?
These posts have been a couple of years, where is the car now?

hi TinCup, nice looking Dart, and HEMI too. I also have an early A Body, 65 Dart GT, but I'm going with a Big Block, 400. As soon as I figure out how, I'll post some pictures on here. I also have a little experience with putting 5.7's in hot rod projects. I have a 33 Dodge P/U on a t-bucket chassis, 5.7/545rfe. When I built my 33, there was NO ONE building a harness that would control the German Auto Trans from the Challenger/Charger/Magnum. This is/was a shame as the German is a bit stouter and considerably smaller. Using the 545rfe, I have quite a large tunnel in the car, would be nice to have that foot room back.

If/since you are this far into the HEMI Swap, I assume you know this already or have found someone that has started making a controller/harness for the smaller, German Trans.

love the dart,, and koool 33 you deserve the dare to be different award,,never heard of any harness for the german trans,,do tell

welcome to the site sir. glad you made account. tincups car is just amazing.

welcome to the site sir. glad you made account. tincups car is just amazing.

"Mrs. Gump, your son is, well... just different..."

One of my favorites that has been used when asked why a 33/T-Bucket/5.7. A buddy in Baton Rouge once referred to it as a "Blended Rod", don't know if he came up with an "original term" or not, but I liked it.

love the dart,, and koool 33 you deserve the dare to be different award,,never heard of any harness for the german trans,,do tell

Thanks, >Like< the "Dare to be different", some would tell you that it's not a "dare", just... "Jim's Different".

On the German trans, used in the Challenger, Charger, Magnum, I was hoping someone on here would say, "Yeah... XYZ Performance is building a harness for one". I don't know of anyone but stopped looking after going with the 545rfe and the "Hot Wires" (Mena, Arkansas) harness. Had Chris add in the harness to use the manual shift function and console shifter that my o9 has. This required the forward body controller to be added to the system.

Very funny...........

It really took a lot, but I had managed to resist comment on the "Plaid".

Sharp car TC, building one myself... Cooling (eng & AC), wiring, brake plumbing, fuel plumbing to go.

Haven't yet seen a reply on my transmission question, I used the pickup trans in my 33 because I couldn't find anyone building a harness for the car/german trans. Your Dart uses the 545rfe?

What's next? A 4 door 42 Dodge, Cummins, 4x4 (but low) COE car hauler.

Went up to Bass Pro Cruise night last week, and out of approx. 2000 cars, they picked my Dart as car of the night, cool.....
http://clubs.hemmings.com/masscruisers/9-20-2012_cruisenight.html

You should bring it down to South Mississippi in October for "Cruisin the Coast", http://www.cruisinthecoast.com/ 2013 saw over 7000 Registered Cars, about that many more "just show up". A week of Cruisin to different "cruise ins", in different cities, along 30 miles of MS Coast and Beach.

If/When you go to the website, beware of Loud 50s Sax

It really took a lot, but I had managed to resist comment on the "Plaid".

Sharp car TC, building one myself... Cooling (eng & AC), wiring, brake plumbing, fuel plumbing to go.

Haven't yet seen a reply on my transmission question, I used the pickup trans in my 33 because I couldn't find anyone building a harness for the car/german trans. Your Dart uses the 545rfe?

What's next? A 4 door 42 Dodge, Cummins, 4x4 (but low) COE car hauler.

Hey Jim, I just found all your posts. I'm on the site almost every day, but I have not been on my own thread in months. Yes, my car does have the 545, and yes, there is a guy making a controller for the Nag1 (German trans), I think his name is LXModguy, but I could be wrong. Check the hemi swap threads, there is info there.
As for my next build, it is a 67 Dodge D100 with a 05 Viper V10

View attachment Dodge100_viperwheel.jpg

And as for the plaid, I think your just jealous.....

Liking the 67 we have a 68 that lives below my apartment it's really loud and doesn't like to be messed with laugh out loud it really hates rear tires and it loves eating Shelby's

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Hey Jim, I just found all your posts. I'm on the site almost every day, but I have not been on my own thread in months. Yes, my car does have the 545, and yes, there is a guy making a controller for the Nag1 (German trans), I think his name is LXModguy, but I could be wrong. Check the hemi swap threads, there is info there.

View attachment 1714724419

tin i'm doing a 69 adventurer v10

Liking the 67 we have a 68 that lives below my apartment it's really loud and doesn't like to be messed with laugh out loud it really hates rear tires and it loves eating Shelby's

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

tin i'm doing a 69 adventurer v10

Very cool, any pic's?

Here is a pic of the wife and I getting our Top 50 award at the Adirondack Nationals.

Tincup!

Congratz! You have done an excellent job and is well worth the recognition you and your wife got! I must admit that you have been an inspiration for me even if I'm going the stock way.

Hats off Tincup! :cheers:

And as for the plaid, I think your just jealous.....

Ha! No Jealousy over here, not on the shorts anyway. Slowly plodding along on the Dart, sort of the way I do things, some say its ADHD, I say, "I'm Just Busy". Don't know if I've mentioned it or not, but I now have two Dodge COEs, 42 & 46 (same cab) to build. one will be a 4 door car hauler, the other a cruiser, possible a 6.1 or 392, HP and MPG. They are to be the "Next" and "Next/Next" projects.

Attachments

• 2nd COE 6.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 662
  • COE Profile.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 650
Tincup!

Congratz! You have done an excellent job and is well worth the recognition you and your wife got! I must admit that you have been an inspiration for me even if I'm going the stock way.

Hats off Tincup! :cheers:

Thanks Dartcharger...

Ha! No Jealousy over here, not on the shorts anyway. Slowly plodding along on the Dart, sort of the way I do things, some say its ADHD, I say, "I'm Just Busy". Don't know if I've mentioned it or not, but I now have two Dodge COEs, 42 & 46 (same cab) to build. one will be a 4 door car hauler, the other a cruiser, possible a 6.1 or 392, HP and MPG. They are to be the "Next" and "Next/Next" projects.

Very cool trucks, good luck.

-
Back