Tincup's 63 Dart w/5.7 Hemi

-
Here are a couple pic's of my front chassis brace, same as XV except it only cost me $27 to make. Of course it interfers with the front valance, so It will have to massaged to make it fit. I think the extra effort is worth it for the added strength.
Thanks for posting this pic,it gave me the idea to add one to my car for added strength also.Your build is amazing and I can,t wait to see the finished product.Staying tuned in.:read2:

got a few hours in the shop today, i cut out that nice crossmember i just welded in. After thinking about for a while, with a car as low as mine, it would cause problems trying to go up my driveway. (which is very steep) so i have an other idea, stay tuned!

thats to bad but at least you realized it now and not after the car is finished. Thats part of the process though

tin,,werent you putting on a chin spolier also ?? ide think if that cross member was an issue the chin spioler may also be ??

Yea, I was thinking about it, and your right I'm sure it will also be a problem. The only good news is that I haven't bought or made anything yet. (That's a first!).

Tin,

It doesn't look like you have a lot of "overhang" ahead of the front tires, I bet you can still make the front spoiler work.

Did a little painting last weekend.

Attachments

• 100_2097.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 1,014
  • 100_2098.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 998
Looks cool! I can't say as though I would have thought of doing yellow with your color scheme.. But it works! That is high temp paint though right?

Looks cool! I can't say as though I would have thought of doing yellow with your color scheme.. But it works! That is high temp paint though right?

Just going for that little splash of color. The paint is base/clear, I found quite a few guys that have used it with no issues.

Just going for that little splash of color. The paint is base/clear, I found quite a few guys that have used it with no issues.

I know what you mean. Are you planning on any track use? That is mainly when problems crop up. I will be doing some serious track time, So I have to be a little more careful about melting stuff off.

Tincup,

Just freakin nice work!! Very impressive and well thought out. I've enjoyed following the progress and it makes me feel like a wuss when I've complained about minor modifications to get headers or something to fit. Outstanding.

Hello Tin i say waoooooooooooo my friend you are doing a fantastic job .

I love it ,you share it with us .

I know what you mean. Are you planning on any track use? That is mainly when problems crop up. I will be doing some serious track time, So I have to be a little more careful about melting stuff off.

Na, I'm getting to old for any serious track stuff. Maybe an autocross at a Goodguy's event. If I were you, I would stick with an epoxy for your calipers.

Tincup,

Just freakin nice work!! Very impressive and well thought out. I've enjoyed following the progress and it makes me feel like a wuss when I've complained about minor modifications to get headers or something to fit. Outstanding.

Thanks, you too can do it, what's the worst that can happen?

Hello Tin i say waoooooooooooo my friend you are doing a fantastic job .

I love it ,you share it with us .

Thanks Uli, that's high praise coming from you.

lookin very cool

Thanks Rapid, do you have a build on here?

thanks, you too can do it, what's the worst that can happen?

Thanks uli, that's high praise coming from you.

Thanks rapid, do you have a build on here?

not yet, i'm trying to decide which one to do my duster or my lancer the engine is not the problem just which car. I was set to do the lancer then i was told 2011 mopar nats is the year of the duster. And there are alot of duster builds going on. With the lancer i could be a pioneer like you and your dart. Any insight?

Tin, are ya working on that beast or taking a vacation? I'm dying for some car ****!!lol!

-
Back