Tincup's 63 Dart w/5.7 Hemi

-
I don't feel so bad about ordering a custom stainless from Rick's Tanks in January. Thanks. What can you tell me about your radiator so I feel better about that...

You of all people should know that these builds take on a life of their own, and tend to change directions many times over that lifespan. I had ordered the tank very early in the build, without putting too much thought into it. The radiator on the other hand, got a lot of thought put into it, I designed my own and had Northern Radiator fab it up. I checked with all the major rad company's, and they were very easy to work with, and priced less than the others. Custom Rad, Spal fan, and shroud cost me $800 beans.

View attachment radiator.jpg

I designed what I wanted, and my buddy Eric Baxter (aka White Trash ) will be doing the fab work. It will be made out of 0.090 stainless, and have the internal fuel pump ( that I cut out of my $800 Rock Valley tank, Ouch! )

View attachment 275574

Tin its 14 ga .074 2b finish stainless steel between Tin and myself we have the capibility to build design and fab any thing you can dream up from any type of material

I don't feel so bad about ordering a custom stainless from Rick's Tanks in January. Thanks. What can you tell me about your radiator so I feel better about that...

I got one of his tanks as well and although it was a little pricey it was exactly what I wanted and looks great.

Tin these build do take a life of their own, mine needs to get out of bed more. So to speak

You of all people should know that these builds take on a life of their own, and tend to change directions many times over that lifespan. I had ordered the tank very early in the build, without putting too much thought into it. The radiator on the other hand, got a lot of thought put into it, I designed my own and had Northern Radiator fab it up. I checked with all the major rad company's, and they were very easy to work with, and priced less than the others. Custom Rad, Spal fan, and shroud cost me $800 beans.

View attachment 275609

Okay, back to feeling bad about my discussions with Ron Davis. I may need to talk with Northern next. Do they have a website? The only Northern Radiator I found is in the UK.

I'm a case study for "scope creep".

Tin its 14 ga .074 2b finish stainless steel between Tin and myself we have the capibility to build design and fab any thing you can dream up from any type of material

I'm a big dreamer... Would you be interested in building another stainless tank to somebody else's specs???

Okay, back to feeling bad about my discussions with Ron Davis. I may need to talk with Northern next. Do they have a website? The only Northern Radiator I found is in the UK.

I'm a case study for "scope creep".

I'm a big dreamer... Would you be interested in building another stainless tank to somebody else's specs???

Will, here is the link...

http://www.northernfactory.com/

Nice job on the spoiler Tin.Do you mind telling me where/what it,s from?It seems to fit the contour of the trunklid nice.Your work is top notch and can,t wait to see the finished product.:D

I love the rear spoiler!! I have a '68 Barracuda fastback I keep trying to picture what will look good on it. This fits the car very well without taking away from the body lines or looking like an afterthought to satisfy some teenager.

Great job!

Nice job on the spoiler Tin.Do you mind telling me where/what it,s from?It seems to fit the contour of the trunklid nice.Your work is top notch and can,t wait to see the finished product.:D

I love the rear spoiler!! I have a '68 Barracuda fastback I keep trying to picture what will look good on it. This fits the car very well without taking away from the body lines or looking like an afterthought to satisfy some teenager.

Great job!

Thanks guys, the spoiler is from a mid 80's IROC Camaro. It took a little massaging to make it fit perfect, but it was very close to start with. The nice thing is you can put it either way, with the flip up or down. I had originally planned to put the flip up, but for the heck of it I tried it upside down, and liked it better, so that's what I did

Just a few updates, finished welding up the trunk floor, once it's painted and covered in Fatmat, you'll never know it..
View attachment 276113
View attachment 276114

Finally getting to put some of the goodies on. A big thanks to 2Darts, Mike Piecki
for wrapping my spoiler and making my stripes. :prayer:

View attachment 276115
View attachment 276116
View attachment 276117

Tin
I think we have a new product for the mopar cars sparetire well delete plate . You make my work look even better

very nice ...i love the spare tire well delete...what a great way to add to fuel capacity/slightly adjust the mounting for added 4-bar space.....yet keep it "stock appearing" on the outside.....hhhmmmmm

Very nice Spoiler, Now I wish I could get something like that for my Duster. It is smooth and subtle.

Looks great, as always high quality workmanship throughout, I wish I could find a "close fitting" spoiler for the Duster trunk lid.....but I do have something in mind...Your build is truley among the best here.

Sexy.......

Attachments

• 100_0073.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,008
-
Back