Tincup's 63 Dart w/5.7 Hemi

-
Damn Tincup, your car has come such a long way from when you first wheeled it home. That car is probably in the top 3 cleanest 63-66 cars I have ever seen. Amazing job friend!

Tin! That is a super restoration you've done on your car. To shoehorn in that hemi with tranny and get that clean look take some skills. Your work is astonishing! It looks like a pro built custom from one of the big shops. Hats off for your work Tin.

Went to a local car show on Sunday ( lost out to a 2011 Challenger ) and some gut took a video of my car and posted it on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6WPYS28EKw"

Are you F-ING serious! Some people have no appreciation for the amount of work it takes to build a car like that. I'll be hitting you up about those hood hinges here shortly. Thanks for the good pictures.

So Tin the question of the day----WHAT"S NEXT?????? LOL ready to follow you do another!!!!!!!!!! Steve

Let me guess the Challenger had Lambo doors, gays *** paint job, gaudy rims and 10 LCD screens.

Tin this build is just wow out of this world nice work. It took me a bit to read it all but enjoy every page now I have to find another dart and get to work

If there is a next one, it will be a Factory Five Cobra....

Please don't.

Your car makes people think. It already has changed the way people look at the 60-66 A-bodies. With the proper media attention it deserves will make a lot more people look at things differently.

I go to the weekly Sunday car cruise in around here and there are like 15 to sometimes 30 of those Cobra's. And I'm sure some are real, but there's so many I've lost interest to learn how to spot them. I hardly ever look at them. And when I was younger, that was my favorite car.

Seems to be a waste for someone that can create something so different, to make something so cookie cutter.

I REALLY like what you did with that car Tincup. That car shows a lot of talent and eye.

Great job of going out of the "norm". Way out! A 63 Dart GT is certainly not the first car one thinks of building a Hot Rod and pro touring type car out of. Very tastefully done by use of some great creativity.

I see a lot of little things that altogether have a big overall impact. There's a very nice flow and theme carried out throughout the car. Reminds me of the cars Steve Strope at Pure Vision creates.

Way to think out of the box.

Finish it up with some door panels and I'm sure Magazines would like to feature it.

Thanks for all the comments guy's, it is very much appreciated.....

Autox, I know what you mean about the Cobra, I too see a lot of them, But I'm like you, it was one of my dream cars when I was a kid, and I still love them. I do have my eye on another car though, a 1967 Volvo 122s, it sounds a little weird, but then again so did a 63 Dart.
Something like this......

(This pic belongs to a guy on Pro Touring.com who is building one)

Attachments

• CONCEPT1A.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 1,065
Hey Tin, any chance of some detail pics of your hood strut setup? One of my torsion bars just came to grief, and I think it may be easier to retrofit something like you...

Robert's Volvo builds are great! Nice point of reference. I'm STILL waiting on the rendering for my follow-up build but already have my eyes looking for the candidate. You got me thinking about the Cobra though, I've always wanted to do one myself and am thinking of how I can build one "different".

Robert's Volvo builds are great! Nice point of reference. I'm STILL waiting on the rendering for my follow-up build but already have my eyes looking for the candidate. You got me thinking about the Cobra though, I've always wanted to do one myself and am thinking of how I can build one "different".

Find an original AC bristol, and put a turbocharged/intercooled/injected 6 speed Hemi in it. :) One can dream right?

Well Tin's Dart is in the Mag again Popular Hot Rodding Sept 2012 pg 36.

Don't mind me if this is already posted I've been on the road the last 2 months and just picked up my mail.

Great build Tin !!!!

I will follow it every step of the way! Love your work. If you don't post that build up here, you better link us to where you do.

Thanks for all the comments guy's, it is very much appreciated.....

Autox, I know what you mean about the Cobra, I too see a lot of them, But I'm like you, it was one of my dream cars when I was a kid, and I still love them. I do have my eye on another car though, a 1967 Volvo 122s, it sounds a little weird, but then again so did a 63 Dart.

I have always like those little things! Some guy in my cousins hood has like 3-4 of those things, including a fastback.

The dart is beautiful!!

-
Back