Tincup's 63 Dart w/5.7 Hemi

-
Robert's Volvo builds are great! Nice point of reference. I'm STILL waiting on the rendering for my follow-up build but already have my eyes looking for the candidate. You got me thinking about the Cobra though, I've always wanted to do one myself and am thinking of how I can build one "different".

I already have a design ( in my head ) for the cobra, and I guarantee you have never seen one like it before....

Well Tin's Dart is in the Mag again Popular Hot Rodding Sept 2012 pg 36.

Don't mind me if this is already posted I've been on the road the last 2 months and just picked up my mail.

Great build Tin !!!!

I will follow it every step of the way! Love your work. If you don't post that build up here, you better link us to where you do.

I have always like those little things! Some guy in my cousins hood has like 3-4 of those things, including a fastback.

The dart is beautiful!!

Thanks for all the great comments. I have been taking it to cruise nights and a couple shows, and the response has been incredible. People really like something different ( keep that in mind on your own builds ).

I ran across these renderings some time ago before I bought the Dart. I like your thinking

Attachments

• 1966-Volvo-Amazon-Custom-Coupe-by-Bo-Zolland-Rear-And-Side-1024x768.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,354
  • 1966-Volvo-Amazon-Custom-Coupe-by-Bo-Zolland-Rear-Angle-Tilt-2-1024x768.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,331
  • 1966-Volvo-Amazon-Custom-Coupe-by-Bo-Zolland-Rear-Angle-Tilt-Lime-Green-1024x768.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,303
  • volvo.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 1,295
  • 1966-Volvo-Amazon-Custom-Coupe-by-Bo-Zolland-Side-Angle-Tilt-1024x768.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,320
Figured my gas mileage today 18mpg for all around. I'm sure it will do 20+ on the highway....

Wow! i went up to foxboro for the car show the other week out of boredom and wow! all while i was there i was hoping to see your car and i did. That thing is sweet! It looks amazing! I took a buncha pics and one of them is the background on my phone now. that thing is a sweet ride

Wow! i went up to foxboro for the car show the other week out of boredom and wow! all while i was there i was hoping to see your car and i did. That thing is sweet! It looks amazing! I took a buncha pics and one of them is the background on my phone now. that thing is a sweet ride

Thanks DartIan......

Hey tincup, i missed you last week at bass pro cruise. I had my valiant there for the first time in about 7 weeks. It sure felt good. I wanted you to see it up close and personal, maybe next time.... See ya bud

I've always been into sunbeams since I was a kid. My dad still has his 65 mk1 tiger and I had a SVO powered 67 Alpine that I wish I never sold that was way cool. I'm thinking when the dart is done to find another alpine and do something trick to it. The Volvo is a unique idea and I know where a clean one is sitting about 20 miles from my house next to my hanger. Let me know if you want me to look into it to see what kind of shape it's in. I'm sure you can find one out where you live cheap but I'm sure cancer is a big issue in your part of the world.

I just ordered this one, you know what they say, Third time's the charm.

Hey mate,

Been reading through your thread, man what a mission with the pan, i need a super low profile pan too, im putting a 6.1 hemi into my Aussie charger with AlterKation, can you tell me a bit more about this pan, any model number, dip stick issues? pick changes? etc. any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lee

I've always been into sunbeams since I was a kid. My dad still has his 65 mk1 tiger and I had a SVO powered 67 Alpine that I wish I never sold that was way cool. I'm thinking when the dart is done to find another alpine and do something trick to it. The Volvo is a unique idea and I know where a clean one is sitting about 20 miles from my house next to my hanger. Let me know if you want me to look into it to see what kind of shape it's in. I'm sure you can find one out where you live cheap but I'm sure cancer is a big issue in your part of the world.
Hey GT, I know what you mean, I ran across a real nice Alpine on Ebay just the other night, and I had the same thought, that it would make an awesome car to do up. Unfortunately for me, I don't see any more cars in my immediate future. I have a daughter in college going for her Masters, so the "Discretionary Funds" account is empty, unless you want to buy a 63 Dart........

Congrats on the award, That looks like a really nice show with a great turn out. Is it a once a month thing or every weekend?

Yea I miss my little alpine a lot. Still got the tiger if I want to go out and blow the doors off of most of the stuff on the road. I would love to have your car though, who wouldn't! I'm like you though, half the fun of having a car like yours is the build and being able to take credit for all of the hard work and craftsmanship you have put into it.

WOW I would think since your car is practically done...unless it isn't I'm sorry but...I would think you could turn that frown into a smile maybe?....your avatar LOL...Car is fantastic looking...Nice award.

Awesome Tin. You deserve every kudo.
I'm mounting caddy cts front seats in my 69 Dart and considering options for the rear. Are you happy with how the caddy rear went in?

Hey GT, I know what you mean, I ran across a real nice Alpine on Ebay just the other night, and I had the same thought, that it would make an awesome car to do up. Unfortunately for me, I don't see any more cars in my immediate future. I have a daughter in college going for her Masters, so the "Discretionary Funds" account is empty, unless you want to buy a 63 Dart........

I had a 63...only car to kick my butt...loved it...black on black....really wanted to dump a 360 in it

just after I sold it, found a guy selling a complete 350 Chevy 63 .... just about bought that. sat in primer and wanted 6k ...shoulda coulda woulda...

Babybat004.jpg

ebay010.jpg

ebay012.jpg

Yea my alpine was a 67 and had a turbo svo motor out of a mustang. Ran real hard for a 4 banger but I could never seem to out run my dads tiger. People always say that they put a 273 in the tiger but that is completely false. I know more about the history of tigers and actually had the honor of helping reassemble the original Ken Miles prototype about 10 years ago. Funny where cars end up around the country. There is no way a 350 or any Chrysler motor will fit because of the width of the block. Hell the 289 barely fits and the headers are a royal pain in the ***. To access the rear spark plugs you have to use a long extension under the dash there is a grommet and its still a pain. That black alpine is a series 1 or 2? 63? Should have held on to it. They are fetching good coin now.

-
Back