Tincup's 63 Dart w/5.7 Hemi

-
Your work looks great! How does the Alterkation front track width compare to stock? I've seen some that really push the front wheels out on early A's.

I hope you've been working on this beast, I need more car ****.

Your work looks great! How does the Alterkation front track width compare to stock? I've seen some that really push the front wheels out on early A's.
According to Bill, it pushes out 1/2" and from my measurements prior to the install, that is correct.

I hope you've been working on this beast, I need more car ****.
I spent the weekend doing floors, from the doors back, inside and out are done. I also cut out the front floors, now if my pans will ever show up from Laysons?? I decided to cut out the whole front floor, to make room for the tranny. I'll have to fab up a tunnel later.

Latest Pic's, not real exciting.

100_1710.jpg

100_1712.jpg

100_1711.jpg

Always nice to see another early Dart being restored. Looks good. Jayson

Latest Pic's, not real exciting.

100_1710.jpg

100_1712.jpg

100_1711.jpg

That looks real clean. I bought a kit to do my trailer floor. I think I'll follow your idea, really looks good. What pressure did you spray at?

Looking good, cant wait to see the other half of the floors on.

That looks real clean. I bought a kit to do my trailer floor. I think I'll follow your idea, really looks good. What pressure did you spray at?

I'm using Duplicolor truck bed liner (spray can). I like it because I can do small sections at a time without the hassle of cleaning up the gun. To do a big area, they also sell it in qts and gals.

Any progress lately? We need more ****!!!

How much blood oozed from your knuckles during the tubbing? That is some of the best work I have laid eyes on. I may have to do the same thing to my 65 valiant convertible, 'cause I want some meat on the ground, too!
again, really nice!

Any progress lately? We need more ****!!!
Hey 5.7, been keeping busy, but mostly all little stuff. Got the front frame rails and surrounding floor all cleaned up and ready for the new pans ( if they ever show up). I should have some **** tomorrow, my rear should be in tonight. I'm dying to get this thing back on the ground.

How much blood oozed from your knuckles during the tubbing? That is some of the best work I have laid eyes on. I may have to do the same thing to my 65 valiant convertible, 'cause I want some meat on the ground, too!
again, really nice!

Suprisingly not much blood, quite a few burns though, from welding underneath the car. It's not hard, just time consuming. Good luck.

You,ve done an amazing job with the mini-tub!I,ll be following the rest,I,d like to do my 66 Dart this winter.Did you buy a kit for the mini-tub or fab your own?

You,ve done an amazing job with the mini-tub!I,ll be following the rest,I,d like to do my 66 Dart this winter.Did you buy a kit for the mini-tub or fab your own?
No kit, just a sheet of 22 gauge sheetmetal and a mig. Let me know when you get ready, I'll help any way I can...

I promised you guy's some ****, well here it is...

100_1717.jpg

Ahhh, the **** is here and I do like it. What size are the rear disc's?

I'm sooo jealous of the disc brakes for the rear. I've got ALL NEW rear drum brakes on mine and just cant seen to pony up for the rear disc conversion, but that could change if I hit the lotto.

Put the rear in last night, and everything fit perfect, ( which means I measured correctly, that rarely happens!). I'll put up some pics soon.

That is awesome. Some day I will be doing the rear discs. It looks awesome cant wait for more ****

Tin it seems that everything is arriving O.K.. So far it is looking good. How are the floor pans comming along? Hope everything goes well. You got work to do. Come on Get on it. LOL

Tin it seems that everything is arriving O.K.. So far it is looking good. How are the floor pans comming along? Hope everything goes well. You got work to do. Come on Get on it. LOL

Don't get me started on the floorpans, they finally came in Mon. I purchased them from Laysons, the box had in big letters " Auto Body Specialties" stamped on it. Turns out Laysons buy's them from ABS for $220 and sold them to me for $440, not a bad little profit..... for doing nothing!!!

:angryfir::angryfir::angryfir::angryfir::angry4:

Well the rear is in, and it's finally back on the ground. It is sitting a little high in the front, but that will go down when I drop that Hemi in it...

100_1719.jpg

100_1728.jpg

100_1729.jpg

Damn, I think I just sh*t my pants. The car is looking cool as hell. Do you know what the minimun size wheels are required for the rear disc"s? Seeing those bad boys on your car is making think even harder about going with the rear disc conversion.

-
Back