to buy or not to buy

-

1qwikScamp

Reaction score
69 barracuda fresh resto and all newly rebuilt drivetrain i can get the car for 4000 (its a long story as to why so cheap) what do these cars usually go for its a 340 car its a real nice car new inteior the whole 9 but i am just going to turn right around and sell it so i will need some help on judgeing how much its worth the pics are crappy phone pics in our paint booth right after we got done wet sanding and buffing it down we washed so in some pics you can see the water still on it but trust me this car is SLICK

0320091109[1].jpg

0320091109a[1].jpg

0320091109b[1].jpg

"to buy or not to buy " Are you joking? That's not the question. The question is 'how much money will it make?' If you sell it cheap it will more than double your money, maybe triple it. List it on Ebay with no reserve and laugh all the way to the bank when the auction is over. :cheers:
Dallas

I would jump all over that if it is a real 340 car it is a very good deal. It is hard to say what you could get for it in this market but if you can sit on it till things get better than you could more than dubble your money on it ez.

Man I am jealous!
You better buy that so you can hurry up, sell it, and get forced induction on that Scamp of yours!

prolly kill ya if you dont buy it haha I WOULD BUY IT!!

It is hard to say what you could get for it in this market but if you can sit on it till things get better than you could more than dubble your money on it ez.

I agree. If you have the money, that would be a good investment. I don't know anywhere else where you could double your money in a couple of years.

PS Looks like a nice car too!

If you do not buy it I would put it on my credit cart just to buy it...

I would jump all over that if it is a real 340 car it is a very good deal. It is hard to say what you could get for it in this market but if you can sit on it till things get better than you could more than dubble your money on it ez.

ok here is the story and a long one at that and the reason i wouldnt just be able to set on it for a while right after christmas this guy walks into my friends body shop and says hey i have a old barracuda and i need a full resto i have cash so my friend (quinn) goes to look at the car and to give him an estament and calls me on the way back knowing that i am out of work and just hanging around the house he asks me if i would come down and help him do a full resto and some hot rod stuff to a basket case barracuda so i said sure and he said that he told the guy he would call him in a few days with an estament so the guy has it towed up there on a roll back and says here it is and quinn replied that he hadnt even came up with an estiment yet and the guy says what will it take and quinn, half way joking says will how bout 12k (this car was long gone) and before quinn could say he was joking the guy says ok great here it is i want it done by spring so quinn says 4k up front and the rest when its done the guy agreed so we tore into it and in two days we had it down to a hull i started rebuilding the tired 340 and front suspension and quinn did his thing on the body he almost totally rebuilt the sub frame new floorpans and trunk pan quaters rockers doorskins the whole thing from the door handles down was either rotted or looked like someone took a bag full of wall nuts to it i built the 340 with flat tops and a 484 purpleshaft cam and a rpm airgap and a 750 holley we tubbed the car a little and shod it with some 275 60 15 drag radials and skinnys up front on centerline wheels put the motor in it and all new interior by the time it was all said and done it looked real real good as you can see (this was in march) we get the car in primer ready to paint and the guy comes up there and almost crapped his pants he loved it he just had to drive it so quinn and him rode around in it for a bit and the car is pretty quick and sounds great this was a wednesday and the guy said he would be back monday with the rest of the money so quinn painted it and we sanded it out and had it buffed by saturday (day of the pics) so the guy shows up monday and tells quinn this big sob story about how he got laid off and didnt know when he could pay the 8k that he owed quinn was mad to say the least so he took out a mechanics lein on it and asked me if i wanted to buy it for what the guy owed him i told him i dont have 8k im out of work myself but joking with him i told him i could give him 4k and he said that + what the guy paid in the begininig would pretty much cover the parts and when i buy it he would release the lien so my deal is to sell it and make my money back + as much as i can

Has the owner made any attempts to bargain for the car?

I hate to see this happen to the guy, but he should have been more honest up front and not go into this with the "change we can believe in" bailout program mindset.

Good luck with the sale and hopefully a fabo member snags it.

Here's an idea:

Have a FABO member auction to the highest bidder, not dreamer, BIDDER.

I sure wouldnt buy it until you see the title and have a bill of sale from the owner......a mechanics lein doesnt mean you can buy it for 4K from the shop. It's not the shops car to sell and I imagine the owner knows it's worth more than $4k.

That car should sell instantly for anything less than 8K based on the pics.....

yeah the title might be an issue. when my buddy had a shop he had a couple cars with mechanics leins on them but it took him almost two years to get title on them, and i believe that you have to give the owner a year to attempt to pay it off (in ohio at least), so there may be some unforseen complications with your purchase. at any rate the price is RIGHT, just make sure you have all your legal ducks in a row before turning over any cash.
-Tim

Even with today's economy you could double your money quite quickly and then some if you could sit on it awhile. A for sale sign at the car shows and it will be gone quick for $12,000.

i think i would go as high as 15k if i had it. everyone knows what you can build for 15k. 15 comes and goes on a serious build. thats one slick car.i didnt read post 18.but its still hard to build a car for 15

-
Back